Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany
Welcome to the

Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway Jewels
thread

commencing January 2022

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.​

Last edited:
A very historic gem and I think the Royal Order of Victoria and Albert would have made a far better brooch than a bracelet.
The piece has been detached from a bracelet that Princess Astrid kept and then reattached to the bracelet worn by Princess Ingrid it could most likely be made into a brooch without much problems. That said, given that wearing someone else's order is not allowed I wonder if we'll ever see the piece worn as a brooch. A bracelet can be forgiven, but not a brooch.

Have we any idea where the Aquamarine/Diamond ring came from? I’m assuming it’s an heirloom but do we know who it belonged to first? I’ve never seen this piece before and would love more pictures if anyone has them to share [emoji2]

The piece has been detached from a bracelet that Princess Astrid kept and then reattached to the bracelet worn by Princess Ingrid it could most likely be made into a brooch without much problems. That said, given that wearing someone else's order is not allowed I wonder if we'll ever see the piece worn as a brooch. A bracelet can be forgiven, but not a brooch.

The Order is defunct now anyway and I can't see them reattaching it to the original ribbon and wearing it in 'order style'. I think as a brooch it would look lovely and much nicer than as part of a bracelet.

The Order is defunct now anyway and I can't see them reattaching it to the original ribbon and wearing it in 'order style'. I think as a brooch it would look lovely and much nicer than as part of a bracelet.

A brooch would be better as it can hardly be seen in the bracelet set up.

According Historian Trond Noren Isaksen:

"When Princess Ingrid Alexandra turned eighteen in January there was much speculation about what might be her first tiara. In the Easter issue of the Norwegian magazine Se og Hør, which is out today, I can reveal that her birthday presents included the pearl and diamond tiara that belonged to her great-aunt Princess Ragnhild and before that to her great-great-grandmother, Princess Ingeborg of Sweden."

https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....24___j1my2IxLE0qI9qX5bzibP54FlWwg&oe=6254C8DD

So it's a gift from Ragnhild's children? Didn't they inherit it while the diamond tiara from Q Maud is said to be returned to main line directly?

So it's a gift from Ragnhild's children? Didn't they inherit it while the diamond tiara from Q Maud is said to be returned to main line directly?

I suspect all or most of the royal jewellery, inlcuding the pearl and diamond tiara, returned to the NRF after the death of Ragnhild.

Intersting that it will be the diamond and pearl circle tiaras as this one was said to have been either gifted to or inherited of Princess Ragnhild from her grandmother. But then it is a fitting tiara for a young Princess.

Last edited:
I suspect all or most of the royal jewellery, inlcuding the pearl and diamond tiara, returned to the NRF after the death of Ragnhild.

Couple years ago Trond Noren Isaksen also suggested that the pearl one is one of the few jewels that had been passed to family of Ragnhild's children.

That is some very interesting information. I'm looking forward to seeing the princess for the first time with this tiara. Imo, it is a very fitting piece for Ingrid Alexandra, both in size and family history.

I assume that the King bought it from his nieces and nephews. They have no occasions to wear it and therefore were probably willing to part with it, even if the money was not strictly needed.

Any one talented enough to Photoshop the tiara onto IA's head so we could have a look?

:previous:

https://ibb.co/VtmGhGM
A rough try, not refined at all (the size probably is off too).

There're not many good photos of the tiara so......maybe need some imagination ?

Reactions: eya
Princess Ingrid would look better with her hair in an updo when wearing a tiara. It would give her a more mature look, the tiara would look better. With her hair down she looks extremely young and the tiara just does not fit long hair styles. I do like the tiara dn I think Ingrid is very beautiful young lady.

Princess Ingrid would look better with her hair in an updo when wearing a tiara. It would give her a more mature look, the tiara would look better. With her hair down she looks extremely young and the tiara just does not fit long hair styles. I do like the tiara dn I think Ingrid is very beautiful young lady.

Hopefully she follows more her grandmother and aunt in regards to tiara placement and not her mother. But then she has darker hair and not so a light colour then her mother's and the tiara is higher then the daisy bandeau so it unlikely that it will disppear in her hair

It would be wonderful to see that tiara on her and I am looking forward to it, especially when it is likely cleaned up. I hope it means that her mother may need a larger tiara as well, which after so many years as crown princess may be nice too. The other tiara of Pss Ragnild supposedly went back to the main line of the family as well and would be a perfect [double] surprise.

It would be wonderful to see that tiara on her and I am looking forward to it, especially when it is likely cleaned up. I hope it means that her mother may need a larger tiara as well, which after so many years as crown princess may be nice too. The other tiara of Pss Ragnild supposedly went back to the main line of the family as well and would be a perfect [double] surprise.

I-A in the diamond and pearl tiara would be lovely.

I do not know if M-M would use the other diamond tiara previously used by Ragnhild in the next few years, or wait to use it as Queen, whenever that might be.

The tiaras of Astrid and Ragnhild has been burried in grey hair almost since colour photography was a thing ? and the big tiara after Maud has not been seen or photographed since 1993 when the photoquality was not great so it will be interesting to see them, hopefully cleaned, on dark hair and better quality photos.

In the se og bør article Isaksen writes that the pearl tiara was a gift to Ingrid from Haakon, Ragnhild and Ingeborg Lorentzen. So maybe she will get another one from The King and queen?

:previous:

You are right, it will look very different after a good clean-up of the frame, backed with IA's hair and with a better quality camera.

IIRC Isaksen wrote ages ago that the Estelle Bernadotte tiara was bought by the Norwegian royal family. Though later rumours appeared that it was actually bought by the Swedish RF/ Prince Daniel for Princess Estelle. But otherwise the Maltese tiara -or rather its base- would make a nice present for IA as well.

Since we have been tiara-starved for so long it is something to look forward to and let's hope that the Norwegians will surprise us!

muriel said:
I do not know if M-M would use the other diamond tiara previously used by Ragnhild in the next few years, or wait to use it as Queen, whenever that might be.

You are probably right. I imagine that MM is not particulary impressed by big jewels and tiaras and of course the daisy bandeau must be rather pleasant & easy to wear. But we can always hope...

Last edited:
According Historian Trond Noren Isaksen:

"When Princess Ingrid Alexandra turned eighteen in January there was much speculation about what might be her first tiara. In the Easter issue of the Norwegian magazine Se og Hør, which is out today, I can reveal that her birthday presents included the pearl and diamond tiara that belonged to her great-aunt Princess Ragnhild and before that to her great-great-grandmother, Princess Ingeborg of Sweden."

https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....24___j1my2IxLE0qI9qX5bzibP54FlWwg&oe=6254C8DD

This is interesting, I assumed the King and Queen would buy her one since they did so with MM and ML. Isn’t it kind of strange for IA to inherit one from her second cousins?

Maybe they still did? The article just says the Lorentzen family gave her this (the article says they had no use for it, and obiously also has a sense of history).

Unlike her mother and aunt Princess Ingrid Alexandra will own all the jewels one day anyway, but we will soon see if the King bought her anything or if he found something in the vault, its supposed to contain more than what is worn…especially chokers after Queen Maud.

Last edited:
This is interesting, I assumed the King and Queen would buy her one since they did so with MM and ML. Isn’t it kind of strange for IA to inherit one from her second cousins?
The CPcss was bought what tiara? Her wedding tiara was an heirloom, the amethyst set was originally a gift from The King to The Queen.

ML indeed was bought a new one when she came of age, but not by Harald and Sonja, but by her late grandfather King Olav.

The CPcss was bought what tiara? Her wedding tiara was an heirloom, the amethyst set was originally a gift from The King to The Queen.

The daisy bandeau was not an heirloom but apparently bought by the King and Queen. The other historic piece she got is the vifte necklace/tiara which is not used very much by MM

ML indeed was bought a new one when she came of age, but not by Harald and Sonja, but by her late grandfather King Olav.

the Daisy diamond bandeau was gifted to MM when she married, it wasn't a heirloom.

Last edited:
Although indeed an antique , I have always understood that CP Mette- Marit's was purchased by HM King Harald and HM Queen Sonja as a wedding gift , bought from Garrard in London .

Yes the Daisy bandeau was bought from Garrard's.
Another possibility of Princess Ingrid jewellery could be something new made of stones they already have. Princess Martha Louise once told in a magazine that several jewels she has are made of loose stones from the vault. Why not.

Back
Top Bottom