Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany
Welcome to the
Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant, Jewels thread

commencing October 2019

440px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_Duchess_of_Brabant.svg.png

Please remember to follow the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines:
In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Last edited:
What a gorgeous pair of earrings on the duchess :flowers:

She seems to be a bit of an earring girl.

I particularly like Mathilde's star earrings on her, they look very refreshing, young and a bit playful, while being serious-sized statement pieces. Great to see mother and daughter sharing!

The earrings from the concert are also very nice and I wonder what stones they are. And have they been seen before? Or maybe they are already part of her personal collection.

Prinsara, you might be right! :flowers: I would love it if she turned out to be an earring girl.

Could the earrings from the concert be her mother's as well? She has a pair of diamond earrings which look similar.

Could the earrings from the concert be her mother's as well? She has a pair of diamond earrings which look similar.
It wouldn't surprise me if they were Mathilde's as well. Could anybody post a picture of Mathilde wearing those earrings, so that we can compare?

:previous: Thank you!

Yes, imho it's very likely a match!

I hope she is an earring lover as obviously it's eye candy for we jewellery watchers. I am pleased she is wearing some substantial pieces and it's nice to see her wearing her mother's ahhh, hand-me-downs (she says hopefully).

I have to admit I found her 2019 look far better than this year. The beautiful and elegant ponytail really showcased her earrings and made her look older. This year she perhaps doesn't have time to have someone do an updo for her which is a pity because as previously seen, she has an eye for what suits her and this year its sort of hard to be sure exactly what she is wearing.

Princess Elisabeth, if you've got them, flaunt it.

According to the Web Queen Mathilde, over about 20 years, has worn over 100 pairs of earrings. So, I expect Princess Elisabeth to borrow a lot of these earrings and I hope that Princess Elisabeth gets her own ice.

According to the Web Queen Mathilde, over about 20 years, has worn over 100 pairs of earrings. So, I expect Princess Elisabeth to borrow a lot of these earrings and I hope that Princess Elisabeth gets her own ice.

I suspect a lot of those earrings are not made of precious stones.

Could it the the piece Queen Elisabeth once wore upside down as a tiara?

I like the tiara...and somehow it looks like I have seen it somewhere...

If anybody knows the history of the tiara, it would be interesting to know.

Could it the the piece Queen Elisabeth once wore upside down as a tiara?
I thought the same at first, but the design is different and Pr. Elisabeth's tiara is much more substantial than Queen Elisabeth's upside-down tiara.

I agree, it somehow looks familiar, but I can't place it. Probably it's because so many tiaras were created in similar styles? I hope that the court will publish some info about it in time.

The gown is a bit burlesque to me but I like the overall appearance.

I thought the same. I have seen this somewhere before. The first thing that came to mind was auction. Like Christie's or Sotheby's. I looks so familiar.

I thought the same. I have seen this somewhere before. The first thing that came to mind was auction. Like Christie's or Sotheby's. I looks so familiar.

Yes the tiara looks familiar, but I don't know where....

Same here, hopefully we'll learn more details about it soon

Geez, it kinda looks similar to Princess Margaret’s Poltimore tiara

Yes my thoughts too, I really hope its not a loan and its recently acquired for the duchess.

Geez, it kinda looks similar to Princess Margaret’s Poltimore tiara

Weird that she is wearing a bigger tiara than her mother's !

It could be a loan, but if it is indeed a newly acquired tiara, it is another evidence that the Art Deco bandeau might be indeed gone for the Belgian Royal Family main line.

Back
Top Bottom