Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think she wears her tiara too on front, close the forehead. Given the base shape of the tiara, I believe it would be better to have it more opened or more in the back with some high updo.

The brooch looks like sapphire, amethyst or aquamarine.

Brooch

Yes, the Wolfers Tiara is exquisite. It was a wedding gift to Queen Fabiola.

And I am so happy to see her grand niece Elisabeth wearing it!;)

I am hoping that she will inherit Queen Paola's diamond bandeau tiara and she will probably get another wedding gift tiara as usual in Belgium, but that is in the far future. For the time being, I assume her 18th birthday tiara will be her go-to tiara for formal events. She may also borrow her mother's Laurel Wreath tiara occasionally.

I wonder why she has not debuted her grandmother’s bandeau though. But yes, the Laurel Wreath tiara will look good on her.

I would be very surprised if Paola didn't pass on her jewels to her only daughter Princess Astrid, who will then distribute them among her own daughters and the wives of her sons.

As much as I would love for Mathilde and Elisabeth to inherit especially her tiaras, perhaps Paola feels that Philippe's wife and Princess Elisabeth were adequately "taken care of" by Queen Fabiola.:ermm:

Last edited:
I would be very surprised if Paola didn't pass on her jewels to her only daughter Princess Astrid, who will then distribute them among her own daughters and the wives of her sons.

As much as I would love for Mathilde and Elisabeth to inherit especially her tiaras, perhaps Paola feels that Philippe's wife and Princess Elisabeth were adequately "taken care of" by Queen Fabiola.:ermm:

I don't know why many people make this assumption. If I am not wrong, Princess Astrid has worn her mother's tiara only once, at the State Banquet for the German President visit to Belgium in 2016. If Paola had gifted the bandeau to Astrid, as people often claim, she certainly would have worn it more often, while since then she's always worn the Savoy-Aosta (also Laura on her wedding day last year).
I'm aware that Lili wore the bandeau on her wedding day in 2014, but considering that she has a very fitting name to wear it ("Elisabetta"), and she was marrying Paola's eldest grandchild and godson, and in Rome on the top of that, it's a rather logical choice, and nothing of it suggests that Paola will leave (or has already left) the Bandeau to Astrid. Her children won't need any tiaras, aside from wedding days, same thing for Laurent's children (Louise certainly will also receive some private jewels from her grandmother).

I'm still more hopeful that we'll see Elisabeth wearing the Bandeau than Fabiola's Spanish Wedding Gift tiara, whose whereabouts seem to be unknown to this day.

The Wolfer Tiara looked really beautiful on Princess Elisabeth ,all that was missing was a brooch on her Order.

The Wolfer Tiara looked really beautiful on Princess Elisabeth ,all that was missing was a brooch on her Order.
I think I have spotted a brooch on the back to secure her sash (sorry I don't have any picture).

What I really miss for the Belgians is a family order for the ladies, like they do in Scandinavia or in the UK, that would really complete the look.

The Belgian RF don't have a tradition of sharing tiaras. Tiaras are sometimes loaned for wedding, and Princess Astrid wore the art deco bandeau once, which was quite exceptional. So the fact that Princess Elisabeth is borrowing the Wolfers tiara from her mother is a lovely surprise and quite promising. While Mathilde as a princess was stuck with only one tiara, Elisabeth will probably switch between her own, the Wolfers, and hopefully even the laurel tiara.

The Wolfers tiara suits her wonderfully, she looked really lovely and so beautiful in it. I hope she'll wear it quite often, as her own tiara has a quite awkward shape, imho. It's so narrow that it sit perched so high on the head, which I don't find very flattering.

Will be interesting to see if Queen Mathilde will also loan Elisabeth's tiara.

Will be interesting to see if Queen Mathilde will also loan Elisabeth's tiara.
Oh yes, that would be absolutely perfect. I'm sure it would look great on Elisabeth, and I hope that Paola decides to leave this important jewel with the crown.

Oh yes, that would be absolutely perfect. I'm sure it would look great on Elisabeth, and I hope that Paola decides to leave this important jewel with the crown.

I mean't the Vestey tiara not the Bandeau

Were Princess Elisabeth's earrings at Prince Christian's gala also borrowed from her mother? They looked quite nice.

I wonder if the tiara loan is because Princess Elizabeth's personal tiara is getting some work. I remember Princess Sophia of Sweden wore her personal tiara a few times then was seen in tiaras from the Bernadotte collection for a few appearances then debuted her personal tiara on a much wider base.

It was known that the Queen and the Crown Princess of Denmark will not wear their grand jewels. Therefore Princess Elisabeth wore so lovely her Mothers Wolfers tiara with 215 diamonds.

It was known that the Queen and the Crown Princess of Denmark will not wear their grand jewels. Therefore Princess Elisabeth wore so lovely her Mothers Wolfers tiara with 215 diamonds.

No offence to her mother but the Wolfers doesn’t suit a lady over a certain age when worn as a tiara. On the other hand, it is stunning on a young princess, really beautiful, in fact I've never seen it worn so well as it was at Christian's birthday party.

Were Princess Elisabeth's earrings at Prince Christian's gala also borrowed from her mother? They looked quite nice.

I am almost 100% certain that the earrings Elisabeth wore belonged to her mother, who inherited them from Queen Fabiola.

I remember seeing them on both Fabiola and later Mathilde.

Last edited:
Princess Elisabeth's tiara appearances of 2023:

1 2

My favorite by far is the 2nd one. She looked so very beautiful!;)

Back
Top Bottom