Princess Claire of Belgium Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
for the third time she wore her new tiara
when was the last time we saw her other tiara
She wore it at Fred & Mary's wedding in 2004. I haven't seen any pics of her wearing it afterwards.

Last edited:
The "new" tiara is really very lovely and suits her .. and her wedding earrings have always been a favourite of mine

This tiara suits her well. Do we know the history around it? Didn't the king and queen give her her wedding tiara as a gift? Sorry if this has been answered before

if or actully when philippe becomes king what kind of role will clarie abd Lourence have will they take part in state visits.

This tiara suits her well. Do we know the history around it? Didn't the king and queen give her her wedding tiara as a gift? Sorry if this has been answered before

No, we don't know the history of neither of her two tiaras.
When she wore the pearl tiara for the first time, it was reported by some sources, that it was a loan. But since she has worn it three times now, I don't believe that it's just a loan.

Christophe Vachaudez told me that at the moment of prince Laurent 's wedding , a beautiful royal tiara was sold at an Auction. Answer from the Royal Palace : too expensive.
The King and the Queen bought a tiara in Veronique Bamps antic jewelry Shop.
It is the only jewel They bought , nothing for Mathilde and Astrid.
The second tiara , I thought the first time it was a loan but as she wore it more it is a probably a present of Prince laurent .

Christophe Vachaudez told me that at the moment of prince Laurent 's wedding , a beautiful royal tiara was sold at an Auction. Answer from the Royal Palace : too expensive.
The King and the Queen bought a tiara in Veronique Bamps antic jewelry Shop.
It is the only jewel They bought , nothing for Mathilde and Astrid.
The second tiara , I thought the first time it was a loan but as she wore it more it is a probably a present of Prince laurent .

My theory about this is that they had to make sure that each of their daughters(-in-law) had one tiara at their disposal. Astrid had the Aosta tiara as a permanent loan from Lorenz’ mother. Mathilde had the gift tiara from the Belgian aristocracy. Albert and Paola probably saw no need to buy a second tiara for those two ladies. Only with Claire there was no other possibility than buying a tiara for her, or otherwise she would have to go bareheaded :eek:.

For their weddings , Princess Paola and Princess Astrid wore flowers in their hair because they had no tiara of their own.
As the tiara of the belgian Nobility was not available for the wedding exceptionally Princess Mathilde wore Queen Paola's deco tiara.

For their weddings , Princess Paola and Princess Astrid wore flowers in their hair because they had no tiara of their own.
As the tiara of the belgian Nobility was not available for the wedding exceptionally Princess Mathilde wore Queen Paola's deco tiara.
When was Princess Paola given the art deco tiara. I thought she got them for her Wedding. And did her Family have no tiaras she could have worn?

When was Princess Paola given the art deco tiara. I thought she got them for her Wedding. And did her Family have no tiaras she could have worn?
Afaik, Paola wore the art deco tiara for the first time during the festivities of Baudouin and Fabiola’s wedding, shortly after Prince Philippe’s birth. Before that, she had only worn her small necklace tiara.
There is a small picture of Paola’s mother wearing a tiara, but it is too small to recognize the tiara. But the family was not rich, so possibly they didn’t own a tiara. Also it was not always a tradition or fashion to wear bridal tiaras. Eg. Queen Ingrid didn’t wear a wedding tiara, although she certainly owned several. Some brides simply chose that they did not want to wear a tiara.

I don't think Claire's engagement ring is awful but I don't like it either. I like the shape of the diamond but if it was a little bigger then I may have loved the ring.

I really like both of her tiaras as well CP. I would love to see her get a great necklace or some new earrings. She would get more use out of them then that 2nd tiara. Does her wedding tiara convert? It would make a beautiful necklace.

On 30th April at the birthday festivities of QEII in british embassy in Brussel princess Claire wore a very nice diamond ruby brooch. Any informations about it?

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Princess Claire's Tiaras

I love both of Claire's tiaras. I mostly love her wedding tiara though. Her wedding tiara is very classic, delicate, fairytale like, and simply beautiful. I just love the simplicity of it.

Her pearl tiara is also very lovely. I love the design, and it has a very classic look to it.

I much prefer Princess Claire's Pearl and Diamond Tiara over her wedding tiara,lets hope there are a more tiara events for the Belgian Royal Family!

I've been working on the tiaras of the Belgian Royal Family. Princess Claire has worn two tiaras but since debuting her second tiara the first one has not been seen. I think it's possible that she traded in her first tiara for her second the way us non-royal folks trade in cars.

Diamond Tiara
Pearl & Diamond Tiara

What kind of other jewllery does she have earings necklaces?

The discussion about Princess Claire wearing her orders on this thread, Sashes, has make me think about her wearing her tiaras.
The last time that Princess Claire wore her wedding tiara was at the SV from the Netherlands in 2006. Two years later, in 2008, she attended a banquet for the Hungarian State Visit without wearing a tiara. And at her next tiara event in 2010 she wore the pearl tiara for the first time.

Is it possible that the tiara was sold, so that she had nothing to wear in 2008? And then in 2010 a new tiara had to be acquired because it would have looked too stupid to have an underbejeweled Belgian Princess attending that wedding?

I feel a bit like a heretic to mention this thought. Although I can imagine that Prince Laurent had been in need for money, I find it hard to believe that the family would stand by and watch them selling an item that is needed for the representation of the monarchy. Or is there a better explanation why she didn't wear a tiara at the 2008 state banquet?

Tilia, you are right . King Albert and Queen Paola bought a very modest tiara for Claire as wedding present.
We never see it again since 2010. The excellent gremb board 's discussion was about are the pearls of the second tiara real ones etc..
I will wait the first State Visit and Princess Claire attendance.

Does Princess Claire normally attend State Banquets?

The whereabouts of her wedding tiara is interesting,but we never know it could pop up again at a future event.

Tilia, you are right . King Albert and Queen Paola bought a very modest tiara for Claire as wedding present.
We never see it again since 2010. The excellent gremb board 's discussion was about are the pearls of the second tiara real ones etc..
I will wait the first State Visit and Princess Claire attendance.
I remember that discussion on the pearls, too. Of course it is difficult to judge the quality just from photos, and I don't think that the pearls are really fake. But they are probably cultured pearls, and not of the highest quality, imho. Judging the setting and the lack of glitter in the diamonds, I believe that it is not a very valuable jewel. But at least I like the look, the design suits Claire and she wears it well.

At the moment it seems that Laurent has been a bit sidelined by the King, so it is questionable if he and Claire will attend state banquets any time soon.

Does Princess Claire normally attend State Banquets?

The whereabouts of her wedding tiara is interesting,but we never know it could pop up again at a future event.
Princess Claire has attended most of the State Banquets that took place since her marriage. As we know, there haven't bee too many SV to Belgium lately.
2014 China: Only SV since Philippe's accession, only Mathilde and Astrid
2008 Hungary: Astrid, Claire (the latter without tiara)
2007 Luxembourg: Paola, Mathilde, Astrid, -/-
2006 Netherlands: Paola, Mathilde, Astrid, Claire
2005 Portugal: Paola, Astrid, Claire
2004 Poland: Paola, Mathilde, Astrid, -/-
2003 Norway: ?, Claire

Quite right, according to my count she attended the pre-wedding and wedding of Fred and Mary in 2004 and the wedding of Victoria and Daniel in 2010 without wearing the order. At the 2010 wedding she definitely already had her order, because she wore it two years ago in 2008. What is also strange is, that she also did not wear a tiara at the 2008 State Visit. It looks a bit as if she donned the sash in order to make up for the missing tiara.:eek::p

If I am not mistaken, she owns two tiaras (her wedding tiara and a second "new" tiara).

If I am not mistaken, she owns two tiaras (her wedding tiara and a second "new" tiara).

she does, although in 2008 she may still have only had her wedding tiara. But it's still confusing as to why she didn't wear a tiara when the other women did!

I would really love to meet some of these royal ladies and ask them questions on why they did this or that. It's so confusing! lol

Princess Claire has attended most of the State Banquets that took place since her marriage. As we know, there haven't bee too many SV to Belgium lately.
2014 China: Only SV since Philippe's accession, only Mathilde and Astrid
2008 Hungary: Astrid, Claire (the latter without tiara)
2007 Luxembourg: Paola, Mathilde, Astrid, -/-
2006 Netherlands: Paola, Mathilde, Astrid, Claire
2005 Portugal: Paola, Astrid, Claire
2004 Poland: Paola, Mathilde, Astrid, -/-
2003 Norway: ?, Claire

She also attended the Finnish State Visit in March 2004, where she had no order, while the other women did (but nobody wore a tiara, which was weird).

It would be nice if Astrid, Lorenz, Claire, & Laurent attended the state visit dinners until Philippe's children were old enough, but it doesn't seem to be what will happen. A shame.

:previous: You are right about the Finnish SV. I am awfully bad when it comes to remberering events that had no tiaras. So I simply had no notes on that visit.

Well, at least Astrid (and I think also Laurent) attended the latest SV from China. But they were not on the official group picture, which is a pity. In that light it might be coincidence that Laurent and Claire didn't attend, they might have had other engagements. But it's also possible that Laurent was kept in a distance because of his antics.

Back
Top Bottom