The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Its been said before but the tiara really suits Princess Christina .
Yes it does!!! She wears it well.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

I agree, it looks very nice on Princess Christina. But I really dislike to see the same tiara on two evenings in a row. The purple gown would have been perfect with the amethyst tiara, and I can vividly picture the gown from the awards ceremony with the cut steel tiara.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Christina wore the four buttons tiara on November 12:
https://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...f12&m=pohkcabb
Old 11-12-2019, 09:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some how she has a way of making tiaras look good that don't look good on most people.

Actually has that it common with Sofia. I actually like this tiara on Sofia (and the small cut steel tiara on her too). On other women it reminds me of headlights but they seem to make it work.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

I think it's her short, fluffy hair that covers the tiara base. When Sofia wore the tiara, she made sure that the tiara base was well covered, which made it a success. But Madeleine did the same the one time that she wore the four buttons, and imo it looked even better on Madeleine's wavy hair than on Sofia's straight hair. The tiara also used to look good on Lillian, but I think it's still best on Princess Christina.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Some how she has a way of making tiaras look good that don't look good on most people.

And Princess Christina seems to favour the 4 buttons tiara and wears it so well.

Infact the Princess always wears her jewels perfectly.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Actually, she doesn't wear the four buttons that often. Since the theft of her own tiara, she only wore the four buttons tiara twice, while I counted 14 wearings of the 6 buttons tiara. But yesterday Victoria wore the six buttons, so it wasn't available for Christina. Anyways, she nearly always wears a buttons tiara, and although she wears them well, I am always happy to see her with something else.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Actually, she doesn't wear the four buttons that often. Since the theft of her own tiara, she only wore the four buttons tiara twice, while I counted 14 wearings of the 6 buttons tiara. But yesterday Victoria wore the six buttons, so it wasn't available for Christina. Anyways, she nearly always wears a buttons tiara, and although she wears them well, I am always happy to see her with something else.

For the King's 70th birthday dinner she wore the diamond bandeau with a aquamrine in the center and it was almost not visible in her hair. From the first small pics yesterday i thiught she wore the fringe tiara which would suit her probably also very nice.

buit this way the four button tiara looks good as the metal base is not viisble.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Christina had this brooch at Te Deum of king Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday in 2016 and it was wondered if the brooch was new.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

It wasn't a new brooch although princess Christina hadn't used it very much. Here she is seen with it at the official visit of the president of Finland to Sweden, 15th January 2009.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

That brooch is a real whopper, and quite beautiful. It might work well on an evening gown. I wonder what the history of this brooch is.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

The brooch looks a bit like the Cut Steel tiara.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
That brooch is a real whopper, and quite beautiful. It might work well on an evening gown. I wonder what the history of this brooch is.
Princess Christina seems to have the best jewels of all the kings sisters.Pity the ones that were stolen a few years back were never retrieved.
Old 08-02-2020, 02:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Princess Christina seems to have the best jewels of all the kings sisters.Pity the ones that were stolen a few years back were never retrieved.
I thought Margareta did quite well, with the collet necklace and the Aquamarine kokoshnik. Also, Princess Birgitta has the beautiful sapphire and diamond necklace, which, if I am not mistaken, is a Bernadotte piece.
Old 08-02-2020, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Also, Princess Birgitta has the beautiful sapphire and diamond necklace, which, if I am not mistaken, is a Bernadotte piece.

No the sapphire Parure was no Bernadotte heirloom. It was a Wedding gift from king Ferdinand of Bulgaria to Princess Sibylla so she was the only Bernadotte to weear it before Princess Birgitta.

Old 08-02-2020, 02:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
No the sapphire Parure was no Bernadotte heirloom. It was a Wedding gift from king Ferdinand of Bulgaria to Princess Sibylla so she was the only Bernadotte to weear it before Princess Birgitta.
Thank you for sharing that information, I did not know that.

However, perhaps I should have been more precise in the way I made my original statement. The sapphire and diamond necklace was a present to Princess Birgitta from her family, rather than one from her husband's family or one she acquired herself.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

When she was young, princess Christina had a brooch:

The brooch is now a clasp at a choker, first photo I found is from 1978:

And nowadays princess Christina often wears another pearl necklace with the choker:
Old 08-02-2020, 06:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The sapphire and diamond necklace was a present to Princess Birgitta from her family, rather than one from her husband's family or one she acquired herself.
It is said that the sapphire necklace originally belonged to Russian Empress Maria Feodorovna (Dagmar) who, after being exiled, sold it to Bulgarian King Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, who in turn gifted it to his cousin Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha on the occasion of her marriage to Crown Prince Gustav Adolf of Sweden. She in turn left it to Birgitta, her only daughter who made equal marriage, now Princess von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I thought Margareta did quite well, with the collet necklace and the Aquamarine kokoshnik. Also, Princess Birgitta has the beautiful sapphire and diamond necklace, which, if I am not mistaken, is a Bernadotte piece.
We see more of Princess Christina than the kings other sisters at Gala events,the Haga Princesses all have fine jewel chests.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Christina's necklace
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...31&oe=5F4D6111
Old 08-03-2020, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
It is said that the sapphire necklace originally belonged to Russian Empress Maria Feodorovna (Dagmar) who, after being exiled, sold it to Bulgarian King Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, who in turn gifted it to his cousin Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha on the occasion of her marriage to Crown Prince Gustav Adolf of Sweden. She in turn left it to Birgitta, her only daughter who made equal marriage, now Princess von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.
The story goes that King Ferdinand offered Princess Sibylla the choice of any gemstone she wanted from a small batch he carried in his pocket and when she chose sapphires he had the necklace made from the stones he'd bought from Empress Dagmar.