The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 12-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Brandon, United States
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Its been said before but the tiara really suits Princess Christina .
Yes it does!!! She wears it well.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 12-13-2018, 08:55 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 5,579
I agree, it looks very nice on Princess Christina. But I really dislike to see the same tiara on two evenings in a row. The purple gown would have been perfect with the amethyst tiara, and I can vividly picture the gown from the awards ceremony with the cut steel tiara.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 11-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 3,664
Princess Christina wore the four buttons tiara on November 12:
https://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...f12&m=pohkcabb
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 11-12-2019, 09:00 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,808
Some how she has a way of making tiaras look good that don't look good on most people.

Actually has that it common with Sofia. I actually like this tiara on Sofia (and the small cut steel tiara on her too). On other women it reminds me of headlights but they seem to make it work.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 11-13-2019, 06:25 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 5,579
I think it's her short, fluffy hair that covers the tiara base. When Sofia wore the tiara, she made sure that the tiara base was well covered, which made it a success. But Madeleine did the same the one time that she wore the four buttons, and imo it looked even better on Madeleine's wavy hair than on Sofia's straight hair. The tiara also used to look good on Lillian, but I think it's still best on Princess Christina.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 11-13-2019, 06:34 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 27,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Some how she has a way of making tiaras look good that don't look good on most people.

And Princess Christina seems to favour the 4 buttons tiara and wears it so well.

Infact the Princess always wears her jewels perfectly.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 11-13-2019, 07:08 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 5,579
Actually, she doesn't wear the four buttons that often. Since the theft of her own tiara, she only wore the four buttons tiara twice, while I counted 14 wearings of the 6 buttons tiara. But yesterday Victoria wore the six buttons, so it wasn't available for Christina. Anyways, she nearly always wears a buttons tiara, and although she wears them well, I am always happy to see her with something else.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 11-13-2019, 07:53 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Actually, she doesn't wear the four buttons that often. Since the theft of her own tiara, she only wore the four buttons tiara twice, while I counted 14 wearings of the 6 buttons tiara. But yesterday Victoria wore the six buttons, so it wasn't available for Christina. Anyways, she nearly always wears a buttons tiara, and although she wears them well, I am always happy to see her with something else.

For the King's 70th birthday dinner she wore the diamond bandeau with a aquamrine in the center and it was almost not visible in her hair. From the first small pics yesterday i thiught she wore the fringe tiara which would suit her probably also very nice.

buit this way the four button tiara looks good as the metal base is not viisble.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 07-28-2020, 12:30 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,163
Princess Christina had this brooch at Te Deum of king Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday in 2016 and it was wondered if the brooch was new.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

It wasn't a new brooch although princess Christina hadn't used it very much. Here she is seen with it at the official visit of the president of Finland to Sweden, 15th January 2009.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 07-28-2020, 12:17 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 5,579
That brooch is a real whopper, and quite beautiful. It might work well on an evening gown. I wonder what the history of this brooch is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 07-28-2020, 03:18 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,986
The brooch looks a bit like the Cut Steel tiara.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 08-01-2020, 09:57 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 27,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
That brooch is a real whopper, and quite beautiful. It might work well on an evening gown. I wonder what the history of this brooch is.
Princess Christina seems to have the best jewels of all the kings sisters.Pity the ones that were stolen a few years back were never retrieved.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 08-02-2020, 02:32 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Princess Christina seems to have the best jewels of all the kings sisters.Pity the ones that were stolen a few years back were never retrieved.
I thought Margareta did quite well, with the collet necklace and the Aquamarine kokoshnik. Also, Princess Birgitta has the beautiful sapphire and diamond necklace, which, if I am not mistaken, is a Bernadotte piece.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 08-02-2020, 02:44 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Also, Princess Birgitta has the beautiful sapphire and diamond necklace, which, if I am not mistaken, is a Bernadotte piece.

No the sapphire Parure was no Bernadotte heirloom. It was a Wedding gift from king Ferdinand of Bulgaria to Princess Sibylla so she was the only Bernadotte to weear it before Princess Birgitta.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 08-02-2020, 02:55 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
No the sapphire Parure was no Bernadotte heirloom. It was a Wedding gift from king Ferdinand of Bulgaria to Princess Sibylla so she was the only Bernadotte to weear it before Princess Birgitta.
Thank you for sharing that information, I did not know that.

However, perhaps I should have been more precise in the way I made my original statement. The sapphire and diamond necklace was a present to Princess Birgitta from her family, rather than one from her husband's family or one she acquired herself.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 08-02-2020, 03:43 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,163
When she was young, princess Christina had a brooch:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The brooch is now a clasp at a choker, first photo I found is from 1978:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

And nowadays princess Christina often wears another pearl necklace with the choker:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 08-02-2020, 06:22 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The sapphire and diamond necklace was a present to Princess Birgitta from her family, rather than one from her husband's family or one she acquired herself.
It is said that the sapphire necklace originally belonged to Russian Empress Maria Feodorovna (Dagmar) who, after being exiled, sold it to Bulgarian King Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, who in turn gifted it to his cousin Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha on the occasion of her marriage to Crown Prince Gustav Adolf of Sweden. She in turn left it to Birgitta, her only daughter who made equal marriage, now Princess von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 08-02-2020, 07:12 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 27,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I thought Margareta did quite well, with the collet necklace and the Aquamarine kokoshnik. Also, Princess Birgitta has the beautiful sapphire and diamond necklace, which, if I am not mistaken, is a Bernadotte piece.
We see more of Princess Christina than the kings other sisters at Gala events,the Haga Princesses all have fine jewel chests.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 08-03-2020, 11:21 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,163
Princess Christina's necklace
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...31&oe=5F4D6111
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 08-03-2020, 03:40 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
It is said that the sapphire necklace originally belonged to Russian Empress Maria Feodorovna (Dagmar) who, after being exiled, sold it to Bulgarian King Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, who in turn gifted it to his cousin Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha on the occasion of her marriage to Crown Prince Gustav Adolf of Sweden. She in turn left it to Birgitta, her only daughter who made equal marriage, now Princess von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.
The story goes that King Ferdinand offered Princess Sibylla the choice of any gemstone she wanted from a small batch he carried in his pocket and when she chose sapphires he had the necklace made from the stones he'd bought from Empress Dagmar.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Christina of Sweden and Tord Magnuson: June 15, 1974 STEVEN Royal Weddings 25 05-23-2020 03:16 AM
Princess Marie's Charities and Patronages ricarda Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family 151 05-13-2020 03:23 AM
Princess Lilian of Sweden Jewellery Josefine Royal Jewels 205 05-06-2020 07:46 AM
Princess Christina and Family, News and Events Part 1 (June 2003 - ) Danjel Dutch Royals 134 06-20-2018 01:28 PM
Princess Christina of The Netherlands and Jorge Guillermo: June 28, 1975 Mandy Royal Weddings 10 11-25-2014 06:48 PM




Popular Tags
anastasia once upon a time ancestry armstrong-jones belgian royal family belgium chittagong countess of snowdon cover-up crown princess victoria danish royalty dna dubai dutch royal family dutch royals emperor family tree games haakon vii henry v hill history house of bourbon house of glucksburg interesting introduction israel italian royal family jumma kids movie king salman list of rulers mailing mary: crown princess of denmark monaco history monogram nepalese royal jewels nobel prize norwegian royal family prince charles prince dimitri princess chulabhorn walailak princess elizabeth princess ribha pronunciation queen mathilde queen maud rown royal balls royal court royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding saudi arabia serbian royal family shakespeare spain spanish royal spencer family startling new evidence sweden swedish history thailand tracts united states of america unsubscribe videos wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×