Princess Caroline Jewellery 1, Ending Oct 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting - I hadn't seen some of these close ups before. There are very few photos from this occasion, would love to see another angle of Grace's tiara too.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Interesting... I wonder where they are from? At first glance I thought the A shape stood for Albert but I guess they could stand for Andrea and Alexandra and that would make sense with there being two brooches, one for each of her 'A children'.
If they belonged to the family it would surely make more sense for Charlene to have worn them by now or for Stephanie and Caroline to have worn one each at his inauguration?

I've never seen them before and just assumed the double diamond A's were for Albert II ,but as you pointed out the could well be references for Andrea and Alexandra.

Now that my friends is a tiara, and Princess Caroline seems born to wear it.

Gorgeous.:)

A lot of Caroline's modern pieces of jewelry are absolutely hideous ,the above are not the worst offenders.

I think to have read once it was her 18th birthday present from her parents.

At least Princess Caroline wears the ice! Although I don't know to whom the rocks belong, if the jewels belong to Prince Albert, Princess Charlene ought to be wearing the Grimaldi jewellery. For instance, Princess Charlene's appearance at a royal Swedish wedding was disgraceful when she wore this brown gown and no diamonds at all that I can remember!

At least Princess Caroline wears the ice! Although I don't know to whom the rocks belong, if the jewels belong to Prince Albert, Princess Charlene ought to be wearing the Grimaldi jewellery. For instance, Princess Charlene's appearance at a royal Swedish wedding was disgraceful when she wore this brown gown and no diamonds at all that I can remember!

Hardly disgraceful! She chose not to wear any jewels, so what!? She is a naturally beautiful woman who prefers the minimum of adornment.

To Idmemail, I think that Princess Charlene insulted the hosts because the dress code would have been on the invitation and it was obvious from how Queen Silvia and Queen Maxima, Crown Princess Mary and Queen Mathilde dressed that the ladies were expected to wear tiaras and sashes and stars. I think that Princess Charlene was quite wrong.

Princess Caroline Jewellery (Monaco and Hanover)

Not all Monegasque princesses have the same love for jewelry apparently.

Last edited:
To Idmemail, I think that Princess Charlene insulted the hosts because the dress code would have been on the invitation and it was obvious from how Queen Silvia and Queen Maxima, Crown Princess Mary and Queen Mathilde dressed that the ladies were expected to wear tiaras and sashes and stars. I think that Princess Charlene was quite wrong.

We all would have preferred that a full compliment of diamond tiara, necklace etc had been worn.
You are correct the invitation probably did say the dress code, but it is no insult if no jewels are worn. What if a guest forgets to bring her jewels or does not even own a tiara ? That I’m afraid is not how things are done.

Jewels are always optional and never a requirement. Note that Queen Fabiola of the Belgians, Queen Sofía of Spain or Empress Michiko of Japan have worn no diadems at all at "diadem events". They are perfectly free to do so.

Wonderful to see them being worn again by the Princess of Hanover tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom