Princess Caroline Jewellery 1, Ending Oct 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroline inherited 2 rather beautiful tiaras from her grandmother Princess Charlotte.

Hmmm, I wonder if that is true. IIRC when the pearl drops was displayed at the Grimaldo Forum a few years ago it was listed as property of HSH Albert II.

Hmmm, I wonder if that is true. IIRC when the pearl drops was displayed at the Grimaldo Forum a few years ago it was listed as property of HSH Albert II.

Well she received them before the death of Princess Grace, so everything seems to point to Caroline being the owner.

Well she received them before the death of Princess Grace, so everything seems to point to Caroline being the owner.

Did she?? The only times I ever recall seeing her wear the Cartier pearl drops was in the Lagerfeld photo shoot, the 50th birthday party of Carl XVI Gustaf in Sweden and recently in Luxembourg and all those events took place after the deaths of both Princess Charlotte and Princess Grace. Of course we have to keep in mind that Monaco has very few tiara events of its own so there are few opportunities to wear any of their remaining jewels.

Did she?? The only times I ever recall seeing her wear the Cartier pearl drops was in the Lagerfeld photo shoot, the 50th birthday party of Carl XVI Gustaf in Sweden and recently in Luxembourg and all those events took place after the deaths of both Princess Charlotte and Princess Grace. Of course we have to keep in mind that Monaco has very few tiara events of its own so there are few opportunities to wear any of their remaining jewels.

Also up until the death of Princess Grace, Caroline didn't attend many functions that would require a tiara.

Caroline's engagement ring from her first husband is beautiful but I don't like it as an engagement ring. I do find the Ceylon sapphire very stunning. I wonder what her two other engagement rings look like.

She did not. The tiara was worn by Grace after her mother-in-law's death and given to Caroline by Rainier.

She did not. The tiara was worn by Grace after her mother-in-law's death and given to Caroline by Rainier.
Are you saying that Grace wore the Cartier pearl drop tiara? I have never heard that assumption before. What is the source for this?

I really, really hope, that Caroline only wore the tiaras as a prepresentative of Monaco and that she is not really OWNING them. In case yes, hopefully she will hand the over to the future heir of Monaco - or Charlene.
Otherwise there is no jewelry with a historic value left for the Princely Main line.
BYe Bine

Are you saying that Grace wore the Cartier pearl drop tiara? I have never heard that assumption before. What is the source for this?

I can also not remember pics of her wearing it. There was once a thought that she once wore the fringe necklace/tiara at the Royal Jewels MB but it turned out to be her cartier diamond tiara at the pre-Wedding Ball of Princess Caroline.

I can also not remember pics of her wearing it. There was once a thought that she once wore the fringe necklace/tiara at the Royal Jewels MB but it turned out to be her cartier diamond tiara at the pre-Wedding Ball of Princess Caroline.
I think that I remember the same discussion on the RJMB. Over the years, and especially around the time of the big wedding, I have followed many discussions about the Monaco tiaras on various forums and boards. And there has never been any evidence that Princess Grace wore one of Princess Charlotte's tiaras.
But maybe Branchg has some new and exciting information from a source that was not previously known on any of these forums? I'd love to see this mystery solved :D.

Well that was abrupt ! We have discussed on here many times and I have also read in biographies of both Princesses Grace and Caroline that the late Princess Charlotte left her jewels to Princess Caroline as she disliked Princess Grace. I wonder branchg are you giving royal jewel watchers around the world a new revelation???

I have never come across a picture of Grace wearing the pearl drop tiara, but it is interesting that this tiara was part of the display for the GraceKelly/Princess of Monaco exhibition. Also, in the catalogue of the exhibition(p.233) it is listed as part of the collection of Princess Charlotte worn by Princess Grace for the Centenary Ball in 1966 - which we know she did not. I hadn't come across that caption before.

I really wish Prince Albert had sent his sister to the Netherlands as at least we'd have gotten to see one of Caroline's tiaras again!

Effortlessly stylish as always, nice to see Caroline with the famous Alhambra design from VCA!
Her mother also had a very pretty and elegant necklace of the same design,it was also shown in a Grace Kelly exhibition (or more probably an imitate,because the original is so precious):)

I really wish Prince Albert had sent his sister to the Netherlands as at least we'd have gotten to see one of Caroline's tiaras again!

That would have been a great idea; I wish Caroline would have accompanied Albert at least if she couldn't have gone in his stead. Then we'd have definitely seen some Monaco bling!:D

I believe that Princess Caroline has also worn Monegasque Diamond Fringe tiara as a necklace,most recently at the wedding of Stephanie and Guillaume.
I agree with you the Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara is my favourite too!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Brunswick and Hanoverian tiara are of course back to E.A.
But what huge jewels she wore at Luxembourg (the 2 tiaras from her grandmother).

I wonder why she never wore her Mother's tiaras ?

The small daimond tiara of Princess Grace?
I'm not sure who inherited it after the death of the Princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nadine has raised an interesting point over on the thread for the forthcoming wedding of Albert & Charlene in relation to tiara wearing. The question is whether Caroline wore a tiara prior to the death of her mother. It is certainly hard to find any photos to suggest she did other than at the Pre-wedding ball for her marriage to Junot. I have found this pic on the Forums of the Rose Ball of 1981 where Caroline appears to be wearing a tiara:

Rose Ball 1981 (scroll down for photos)
What do people think?
Nadine, I'm going back to see if I can find any other likely glimpses.

In smaller pictures it does look as if Princess Caroline is wearing a tiara but I think that she has a braided hair band and it looks like a tiara. Look at the ends of the braided material as it extends down behind her earring

I know royals like to wear costume jewelry on many occasions, but that beaded necklace doesn't appeal to me at all. Give me those diamond and sapphires any day! ;)

Normally I don't care for necklaces converted to tiaras, but this is a very nice form and looks so good on Caroline.

Last edited:
The Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara is my personal favorite Grimaldi tiara,pity we don't get the opportunity to see it worn more often!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom