Princess Astrid Of Belgium Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lets see if I got this right
Astrid has one tiara that she wears. Does it come from her husbands family
No grand necklaces with or without history. She do has some fine diamonds earrings. When was the first time she wore a tiara? If she has worn a tiara before she got married and the tiara she wears nowadays come from her husbands family what tiara did she then use?

Aosta Jewels

Princess Astrid at King Harald's 70th birthday celebrations in Oslo, February 2007, wearing the Aosta tiara and Aosta emeralds, loaned by her mother-in-law, Archduchess Margherita of Austria-Este, neé Princess of Savoy-Aosta.



Honey..

Now those are SOME MAJOR emeralds!! I love that necklace. Thank you Warren!

Well, after all my carping about the House of O-N it is refreshing to come across the lovely and elegant Astrid. Her tiaras, even if one is borrowed, are wonderful and the pearls are a marvel. Pant, slurp drool in my most dignified manner. I am grateful and happy. Now I can go home and enjoy my chocolate fix with ginger snaps and be blissed out and happy. The big pearl necklace really is a marvel. Thank you. and Cheers.

The necklace that Princess Astrid wore during the Hungarian state visit to Belgium was from Cartier. Point de Vue showed a picture of Astrid and next to her Catherina Zeta-Jones with the same necklace. So I suppose it was a loan.

is there any good close up on astrid jewllery in sweden
the tiara she wore were IMO put very strange on her head
a bit missplaced

here she is in Sweden, at the concert and wedding:

original images have been heaving cropped and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• 165301.jpg
    165301.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 842
  • 16301.jpg
    16301.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 669

The tiara we have seen b4, but the emeralds are Wow! where are they from? so unlike the Belgian RF

This are not belgian's jewels but a loan from Astrid's step-mother born Princess of Aosta. These are Aosta jewels : tiara and necklace.. Astrid has sadly nothing..

We can be quite lucky that Astrid has this tiara and the emeralds at her disposal. Otherwise she might have received a dinky tiara like Claire.
I wonder if Lorenz will inherit these jewels or if they go to his siblings.
Are there any pics of Astrid's mother- or sisters-in-law with the Aosta tiara?

Astrids mother-in-law wore it as young woman and also to her Wedding. From her sister-in-laws Princess katharina of isenbrug wore it at her Wedding. not sure about Maria Beatrix but Isabelle wore another tiara from her mother at her Wedding. It was once said that Astrid also wore this tiara for an Royal Event in Denmark but i haven't seen photos.
A photo of Pricness katharina at her Wedding day
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00116301.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanky you very much, Stefan! I do hope that Lorenz will inherit this tiara, or Astrid will be left bare-headed:eek:

her oldest daughter is over 20 will we see her wear family jewllery, how often are there events wear she could attned and wear tiaras or grand necklces, what i understand there is not many such events in belgium.

the jewllery worn by astrid and comes from the belgium royal family will they go back to the main royal family later on?

I love that emerald necklace and tiara.Breathtaking!

Astrids mother-in-law wore it as young woman and also to her Wedding. From her sister-in-laws Princess katharina of isenbrug wore it at her Wedding. not sure about Maria Beatrix but Isabelle wore another tiara from her mother at her Wedding. It was once said that Astrid also wore this tiara for an Royal Event in Denmark but i haven't seen photos.
A photo of Pricness katharina at her Wedding day
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00116301.jpg
Now that Katharina's sister Sophie has married the Prince of Prussia, it has been revealed that all three sisters wore the Isenburg floral tiara for their weddings. So this picture is not a picture of the Savoy-Aosta tiara. I would really like to see this other Savoy-Aosta tiara, maybe Princess Katharina wore it at her sister's wedding this summer. But unfortunately now pictures of her were published.:sad:

her oldest daughter is over 20 will we see her wear family jewllery, how often are there events wear she could attned and wear tiaras or grand necklces, what i understand there is not many such events in belgium.

the jewllery worn by astrid and comes from the belgium royal family will they go back to the main royal family later on?
Neither the Belgium RF nor their Luxembourg relatives do white tie afternoon weddings. Also Princess Astrid's children most likely won't attend state banquetts in Belgium. Therefore tiara events will be extremely scarce for them. Maybe we will only see it as wedding tiara on the next generation.

Lovely jewels, these emeralds look huge!
No updates on the Lux wedding? What did she wear there?

due to the events lets have a look at belgium jewllery

does astrid wear jewllery, something from her grandmother queen astrid

i have to ask the tiara we often see astrid with has it been worn by someone else before her? her mother in law or her sisters in law (if she has any)

and looking throgh the thread i saw it was her mother-in-law tiara

Last edited:
These are all the ladies which I know about:

- Duchess Anne of Aosta, née princesse d’Orléans
- Her daughter Princess Margherita, wife of Archduke Robert
- Princess Maria Beatrice di Savoia, third cousin of Princess Margherita
- Princess Astrid, daughter-in-law of Princess Margherita
http://s12.postimg.org/jdg7rijf1/Sovoy_Aosta_Tiara.jpg

thank you

i wonder if this tiara would be a wedding tiara for her doughters.
its seems as there is no wedding tiara tradition in belgium

Astrid herself did not wear a tiara at her wedding. But I hope that her daughters and daughters-in-law will wear this one. It is beautiful and will make a lovely bridal Tiara. Now the only thing we need is an engagement :flowers:.

She wore flowers because no tiara , she received the Aosta tiara as loan after her wedding.
DO you remember the HUGE tiara her sister in law wore on the Luxembourg wedding.
Who will inherit the tiara when the Dowager Archduchess will pass away ?

I do not like Astrid's sapphire engagement ring at all. From what I can see, it looks interesting, but I don't like it overall.

Back
Top Bottom