Princess Alexia of Greece Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
Danish wedding 2004
Pre-wedding event in Denmark 2004

Attachments

• 109080.jpg
    109080.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 4,524
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,987
Last edited by a moderator:
here are a few more

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,533
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2,148
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,104
Last edited:
Her wedding:

Attachments

• 51401059.jpg
    51401059.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 885
  • 52107444.jpg
    52107444.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 968
Wedding of her cousin Fred May 2004:

Attachments

• alexia1.jpg
    alexia1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,066
Alexia jewel brooch

I've discovered something interesting today; While having a nostalgic look at Princess Mary's wedding again I noticed a close up of Princess Alexia and she was wearing a large daimond and ruby bow brooch on her sash.
This is definately the same bow brooch Queen Ingrid wore one time with the Desiree Ruby & diamond suite although this brooch is not part of the parure. There is an old photo of Queen Alexandrine wearing this brooch and it was probably her mother's;-The Russian Grand Duchess Anastasia Mikhailovich who owned a substantial collection of jewels.
So it is great that Alexia has received a substantial and historical jewel from her grandmother Queen Ingrid. I had been looking for this jewel for a long time and am pleased it is being worn again and by a deserving lady such as princess Alexia.

she looks great, some jewels that havent been seen before?

Thanks for the pictures. I noticed Princess Alexia has lovely tiaras!

Thanks for the pictures. I noticed Princess Alexia has lovely tiaras!
Unfortunately the ones she uses are borrowed. Her wedding tiara belonged to Queen Ingrid and all female descendants of her wear it on their wedding. The Danish princesses, German and greek granddaughters also wore it. The other one is borrowed from her mother Queen Anne Marie.

Tiara pic!

Here is a pic of the tiara and impressive diamond and ruby brooch worn by Princess Alexia at the wedding of Joachim and Marie.
cropped from a larger image courtesy of Tamara at RJOTWMB.

~¤~

Does anyone know the name of this tiara?? It's lovely!!!! :wub:

And do you know what is the provenance of this tiara? I have never seen it in the head of any member of the Greek Royal Family!

Regards!

That is really a beautiful tiara and I've not seen it before. Does anyone know anything about it?

Probably Danish, if it came from Anne-Marie it might well of come from Ingrid.

Her tiara is a newly acquired piece. It was her family's gift either for her 18th or her 20th birthday ( I ve read this information long ago in a magazine and I don't remember which birthday it was). I guess it was her parents' gift.

I know this is out of context, but alexia looks amazingly like a young queen frederika, which explains well as she looks like her dad, who in turn looked like his mom!

Princess Alexia seems to have only a small collection of jewels, but what she has are really stunning and she wears them with great elegance. Love the tiara, cant wait to see her at P Victorias wedding!:D

The most beautiful jewelry she has - also the most grandiose and precious, is her own radiant personality as well as her four star diamonds!!!

She does have a small collections of "royal" jewels but I guess they are enough for her , given that she only attends family events and she spends most of her time raining her family in Spain. In that sense she is lucky I think to have her own tiara and not borrowing one of her mother's like Theodora does.
So far I ve noticed 2 pieces that were given to her by family memebers, Queen Ingrid's ruby bow brooch and the necklace shw is wearing in the first picture posted by Josefine. This necklace was previously worn by Anne Marie. Does anyone knows its provenace? I think it also came as Anne Marie's "coming of age" jewellery gifts but I am not sure.

at the swedish wedding she wore her tiara and if i remember right a diamond brosch

at the swedish wedding she wore her tiara and if i remember right a diamond brosch
Yes she wore a diamond bow brooch with a pearl drop. I have seen her mother wearing it a few times and it was also worn by Queen Frederika - I ve seen an official photo of Frederika wearing it in her youth, but I haven't noticed it in being worn many times.

Princess Alexia at the Swedish wedding

Original images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 598
  • alexia.jpg
    alexia.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,926
  • alexia2.jpg
    alexia2.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 1,719
  • alexia3.jpg
    alexia3.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 898
I really love her tiara, thanks for the photos, its design is such that it looks old and new to me at the same time.

she has also worn the Queen Victoria coursage tiara
worn by Theodira today and princess Tatiana
as young i think she has worn the queen sophia star tiara

I love that tiara she wore at Victoria's wedding.Very elegant.

she has also worn the Queen Victoria coursage tiara
worn by Theodira today and princess Tatiana
as young i think she has worn the queen sophia star tiara
Afaik, she has only worn her own diamond tiara after her wedding. So the last time she has worn another tiara was the Khedive tiara worn at her wedding.
She only wore the antique corsage tiara before her wedding, and I've only seen pictures from one event (does anybody know when that was?): http://inlinethumb13.webshots.com/45324/2582589170105578647S600x600Q85.jpg
She also wore the diamond stars of her mother as hair ornament, but I have never seen a picture of Alexia with the star tiara of Queen Sophia (which is worn by Queen Anne-Marie on this pic): http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/48309/2003402680105578647S600x600Q85.jpg

i must have mixed it up about the stars this is the photo i were thinkning of but i remeber it as she wore the star tiara

Back
Top Bottom