Princess Alexia of Greece Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i must have mixed it up about the stars this is the photo i were thinkning of but i remeber it as she wore the star tiara
Thank you for your clarification. So there goes my hope that one day I might find a picture of her with the stars tiara.

I know people have different tastes, but in no way, shape or form does that look like an e-ring at all! Certainly not for a princess.

Thumbs waaaaaaaaay down on this engagement ring for me!

about the ruby diamond brosch she got from queen ingrid, are there photos of anyother wearing the brosch?

:previous:
Yes Josefine, post #10.

Tiara Mania....love your posts and appreciate your hard work!!

Is very beautiful and regal tiara! I wonder what luck this tiara will have.

Has anyone heard of Alexia's tiara being one that belonged to the Danish royal family?? There is a photo in this article from 1980 (you have to really scroll down) where QMII is greeting HM The Queen Mother and she is wearing Alexia's tiara.

I had always thought it was acquired for Alexia.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Queen-Margrethe-Denmark-peoples-monarch.html

Yes, I thought that was a well-known fact... It is the tiara that was used by all of queen Ingrid's daughters and granddaughters (not the brides of the grandsons!) on their wedding day. It is currently in the possession of queen Anne Marie (she inherited it from her mother who inherited it from her mother).

See her for more information on the Khedive of Egypt tiara.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like the Khedive to me. Too pointy and doesn't have the round motives.
Not 100% sure, but 98% that's Alexia's tiara.

Graet discovery!

It doesn't look like the Khedive to me. Too pointy and doesn't have the round motives.

Graet discovery!

Thanks for the correction. I jumped to conclusions, thinking it was about Alexia's wedding tiara...

But the question was about this tiara. That could be this tiara... worn often by princess Alexia.

And I agree that it seems to be the same tiara. So, in that case, my theory would be that it previously belonged to queen Ingrid (because it wouldn't make much sense for Margrethe to wear it otherwise).

Could it be that Margrethe also wore it to Harald & Sonja's wedding? This group picture isn't that clear... It seems a different one but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Yes, I thought that was a well-known fact... It is the tiara that was used by all of queen Ingrid's daughters and granddaughters (not the brides of the grandsons!) on their wedding day. It is currently in the possession of queen Anne Marie (she inherited it from her mother who inherited it from her mother).

See her for more information on the Khedive of Egypt tiara.

No, it's not the Khedive I'm talking about. I'm talking about the tiara that Alexia usually wears when she attends royal functions. It might have been an eighteenth birthday present.

Graet discovery!

I enlarged both photos and in the center of each tiara you can see an identical line of round elements (similar to the small tiara that Sophie Wessex wore a couple of times likely made from Princess Alice's tiara) that makes me pretty sure it's the same one. I love the idea that Alexia's tiara is a family heirloom and not just a purchase!

I enlarged both photos and in the center of each tiara you can see an identical line of round elements that makes me pretty sure it's the same one.

I enlarged both photos too, and the motives of the side look the same to me too.

Has anyone heard of Alexia's tiara being one that belonged to the Danish royal family?? There is a photo in this article from 1980 (you have to really scroll down) where QMII is greeting HM The Queen Mother and she is wearing Alexia's tiara.

I had always thought it was acquired for Alexia.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Queen-Margrethe-Denmark-peoples-monarch.html

I think you're right, the motif on the side is identical :flowers: maybe Ingrid had left something to her oldest granddaughter.

Could it be that Margrethe also wore it to Harald & Sonja's wedding? This group picture isn't that clear... It seems a different one but I'm not sure.

No it's the Baden palmette, the silhouette and height is completely different.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2018/08/royal-jewel-rewind-norwegian-royal.html

The article from The Court Jeweller has a closeup screenshot.

Last edited:
This is amazing, it really looks like Margrethe was wearing Alexia's tiara back in 1980. It puzzles me, that a perfectly beautiful tiara like this wasn't worn more often, if it had been in the family long before Alexia received it. But the photo is an amazing find.

This is amazing, it really looks like Margrethe was wearing Alexia's tiara back in 1980. It puzzles me, that a perfectly beautiful tiara like this wasn't worn more often, if it had been in the family long before Alexia received it. But the photo is an amazing find.

Unlike some of the other jewel-poor royal houses, with the Danish and Greek queens having several hefty tiaras at their disposal, it could have just been a matter of being spoiled for choice that this one wasn't really in use. Or maybe it was one that was put aside for use by the eldest female of a generation. Either way I was thrilled to see it worn by QMII!

What a great find indeed. And what a great surprise. It always struck me as a modern piece that was bought for Alexia but this sheds a completely different light on things.

As the meeting with the Queen mother was in London Queen Margarethe may have borrowed it there as well, possibly from her sister -who was living there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom