Portugal and Bragança Royal and Noble Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Thanks for sharing this interesting picture. Unfortunately, I have never seen this tiara before.

:previous: Thanks for sharing this interesting picture. Unfortunately, I have never seen this tiara before.

Me neither. I always like to know more about lesser known royals and their jewels.

Princess Maria Antonia of Braganca (1903-1973) wearing unknown tiara:

https://sun9-78.userapi.com/impg/o1...n=9f0011d3477b8912110c2719ce292ecc&type=album

Anything known about the tiara?
It is possible that her husband who was from a very wealthy old money family from New York bought it for her or it was a tiara her parents had but of unknown provenance.

Me neither. I always like to know more about lesser known royals and their jewels.
She was the aunt of the late Johannes, 11th prince of Thurn und Taxis, father of the current head of the Thurn und Taxis family.

Last edited by a moderator:
She was the aunt of the late Johannes, 11th prince of Thurn und Taxis, father of the current head of the Thurn und Taxis family.

There were three Bragança marriages into the House of Thurn und Taxis:

Maria Teresa de Bragança (1881-1945) x Karl Ludwig Prinz von Thurn und Taxis (1863-1942)
Great-aunt and great-uncle (in law) of Johannes, XI. Fürst von Thurn und Taxis and Mariae Gloria Gräfin von Schönburg-Glauchau

Isabel Maria de Bragança (1894-1970) x Franz Joseph, IX. Fürst von Thurn und Taxis (1893-1971)
Aunt and uncle (in law) of Johannes, XI. Fürst von Thurn und Taxis and Mariae Gloria Gräfin von Schönburg-Glauchau

Maria Ana de Bragança (1899-1971) x Karl August, X. Fürst von Thurn und Taxis (1898-1982)
Parents (in law) of Johannes, XI. Fürst von Thurn und Taxis and Mariae Gloria Gräfin von Schönburg-Glauchau.

Last edited:
There were three Bragança marriages into the House of Thurn und Taxis:

Maria Teresa de Bragança (1881-1945) x Karl Ludwig Prinz von Thurn und Taxis (1863-1942)
Great-aunt and great-uncle (in law) of Johannes, XI. Fürst von Thurn und Taxis and Mariae Gloria Gräfin von Schönburg-Glauchau

Isabel Maria de Bragança (1894-1970) x Franz Joseph, IX. Fürst von Thurn und Taxis (1893-1971)
Aunt and uncle (in law) of Johannes, XI. Fürst von Thurn und Taxis and Mariae Gloria Gräfin von Schönburg-Glauchau

Maria Ana de Bragança (1899-1971) x Karl August, X. Fürst von Thurn und Taxis (1898-1982)
Parents (in law) of Johannes, XI. Fürst von Thurn und Taxis and Mariae Gloria Gräfin von Schönburg-Glauchau.
Princess Maria Antonia of Branganca (1903-1971) wearing the tiara pic was the sister of Maria Ana, Johannes mother was what I meant.

Back
Top Bottom