The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-20-2020, 10:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The sapphire tiara of the late Princess Elisabeth has never been in the main line of the Danish RF, so it can't go 'back'. It can only go there for the first time. I won't be sorry if it will , but I don't have my hopes up too high. With four children, it would be nice if the DRF assembled a pool of tiaras for the next generation. But maybe they are looking for smaller pieces, like Mary's antique ruby and spinel tiara.
All valid points. The tiara will go well with the existing Russian sapphire demi-parure that the Queen uses. It will also go some way in replenishing the stock of tiara's for the next generation, given that 6 tiaras have left the main line in last 50 years or so (2 each to Benedikte and Anne-Marie, and 2 to the wives of Joachim)

Old 11-20-2020, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy

My understanding was that only 3 tiara's have left the main line . Princess's Benedikte and Anne Marie both left with tiaras created from brooch's , they later inherited the Pearl & Star tiara & the Khedive tiara respectively , both of which came into the main Danish line with the late Queen Ingrid . Yes the Alexandrine Drop Tiara is no longer in the main line , but HRH Princess Marie only has a lifetime loan of Princess Dagmar's floral tiara

Old 11-20-2020, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabaunty View Post
My understanding was that only 3 tiara's have left the main line . Princess's Benedikte and Anne Marie both left with tiaras created from brooch's , they later inherited the Pearl & Star tiara & the Khedive tiara respectively , both of which came into the main Danish line with the late Queen Ingrid . Yes the Alexandrine Drop Tiara is no longer in the main line , but HRH Princess Marie only has a lifetime loan of Princess Dagmar's floral tiara

The fringe tiara now with Count Ingolf has once also belonged to the main line. But there are not many tiaras which have passed from through the generations in the main line as they usually are personal property (with the exception of the emeralds and the pearl tiara).

Old 11-20-2020, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I do hope this tiara has found its way back to the main line, and will pop up on Mary in the next reign, along with the Russian sapphire and diamond demi-parure currently in use by QMII.
I was also thinking it would look wonderful on Crown Princess Mary and would be a wonderful addition to the family collection.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabaunty View Post
You are absolutely right in what you say. But the fact remains that the Danish "main line" collection has six fewer tiaras now than they had when Ingrid was first Queen. I appreciate that Marie has only been lent the tiara, but I would be surprised if she did not get to keep the tiara as long as she is married to Joachim.

Whilst a new tiara was acquired for Mary at the time of her wedding and she has acquired a tiara recently, they are both hardly significabnt tiaras. Lets just hope Elizabeth's tiara ends up with Mary.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:43 PM
Majesty

I don't know if Princess Caroline Mathilde had personal jewels ?
Old 11-23-2020, 06:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Lets just hope Elizabeth's tiara ends up with Mary.
Considering history, it would be even more logical if Queen Alexandrine's diamond tiara would go back to main line, as it was wedding anniversary from King of Denmark to the Queen of Denmark and the last known owner of this tiara was also Princess Elisabeth.

Don't know whereabouts now, but I assume it is either with Elisabeth's brother Ingolf or her nieces. If auctioned it would have probably be known.

If anyone has a update concerning Princess Elisabeth's jewels and whereabouts, please inform us. :)
Old 11-23-2020, 07:14 AM
Majesty

A Dane bought Countess Anne Dorte tiara.

Tags
countess, denmark, jewellery, rosenborg, ruth