The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 11-20-2020, 10:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The sapphire tiara of the late Princess Elisabeth has never been in the main line of the Danish RF, so it can't go 'back'. It can only go there for the first time. I won't be sorry if it will , but I don't have my hopes up too high. With four children, it would be nice if the DRF assembled a pool of tiaras for the next generation. But maybe they are looking for smaller pieces, like Mary's antique ruby and spinel tiara.
All valid points. The tiara will go well with the existing Russian sapphire demi-parure that the Queen uses. It will also go some way in replenishing the stock of tiara's for the next generation, given that 6 tiaras have left the main line in last 50 years or so (2 each to Benedikte and Anne-Marie, and 2 to the wives of Joachim)
Old 11-20-2020, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy

My understanding was that only 3 tiara's have left the main line . Princess's Benedikte and Anne Marie both left with tiaras created from brooch's , they later inherited the Pearl & Star tiara & the Khedive tiara respectively , both of which came into the main Danish line with the late Queen Ingrid . Yes the Alexandrine Drop Tiara is no longer in the main line , but HRH Princess Marie only has a lifetime loan of Princess Dagmar's floral tiara
Old 11-20-2020, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabaunty View Post
My understanding was that only 3 tiara's have left the main line . Princess's Benedikte and Anne Marie both left with tiaras created from brooch's , they later inherited the Pearl & Star tiara & the Khedive tiara respectively , both of which came into the main Danish line with the late Queen Ingrid . Yes the Alexandrine Drop Tiara is no longer in the main line , but HRH Princess Marie only has a lifetime loan of Princess Dagmar's floral tiara

The fringe tiara now with Count Ingolf has once also belonged to the main line. But there are not many tiaras which have passed from through the generations in the main line as they usually are personal property (with the exception of the emeralds and the pearl tiara).

Old 11-20-2020, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I do hope this tiara has found its way back to the main line, and will pop up on Mary in the next reign, along with the Russian sapphire and diamond demi-parure currently in use by QMII.
I was also thinking it would look wonderful on Crown Princess Mary and would be a wonderful addition to the family collection.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabaunty View Post
You are absolutely right in what you say. But the fact remains that the Danish "main line" collection has six fewer tiaras now than they had when Ingrid was first Queen. I appreciate that Marie has only been lent the tiara, but I would be surprised if she did not get to keep the tiara as long as she is married to Joachim.

Whilst a new tiara was acquired for Mary at the time of her wedding and she has acquired a tiara recently, they are both hardly significabnt tiaras. Lets just hope Elizabeth's tiara ends up with Mary.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:43 PM
Majesty

I don't know if Princess Caroline Mathilde had personal jewels ?
Old 11-23-2020, 06:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Lets just hope Elizabeth's tiara ends up with Mary.
Considering history, it would be even more logical if Queen Alexandrine's diamond tiara would go back to main line, as it was wedding anniversary from King of Denmark to the Queen of Denmark and the last known owner of this tiara was also Princess Elisabeth.

Don't know whereabouts now, but I assume it is either with Elisabeth's brother Ingolf or her nieces. If auctioned it would have probably be known.

If anyone has a update concerning Princess Elisabeth's jewels and whereabouts, please inform us. :)
Old 11-23-2020, 07:14 AM
Majesty

A Dane bought Countess Anne Dorte tiara.
Old 09-12-2022, 05:22 AM
Aristocracy

Last night Countess Susie wore fringe tiara at the banquet celebrating HM's Golden Jubilee. She also wore the Greek key choker - the first time we see the complete jewel since the days of Queen Alexandrine. I wonder if the sections that were with Count Christian and Princess Elisabeth were returned to Count Ingolf after their respective deaths?
Princess Elisabeth and Countess Anne Dorte wore 3 sections of the jewel as brooches, while Countess Susie wore the remaining part as bracelet.

Photo (LINK) courtesy of Billed Bladet.
Old 09-12-2022, 05:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav View Post
Last night Countess Susie wore fringe tiara at the banquet celebrating HM's Golden Jubilee. She also wore the Greek key choker - the first time we see the complete jewel since the days of Queen Alexandrine. I wonder if the sections that were with Count Christian and Princess Elisabeth were returned to Count Ingolf after their respective deaths?
Princess Elisabeth and Countess Anne Dorte wore 3 sections of the jewel as brooches, while Countess Susie wore the remaining part as bracelet.

Photo (LINK) courtesy of Billed Bladet.
It is really a stunning looking choker!
Old 09-12-2022, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Countess Desiree of Rosenborg wore an golden (i think opal but not sure) Parure at the Galaperfomance last Saturday
https://twitter.com/RoyalArjan/statu...32384207929344

Old 09-12-2022, 10:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Countess Desiree of Rosenborg wore an golden (i think opal but not sure) Parure at the Galaperfomance last Saturday
https://twitter.com/RoyalArjan/statu...32384207929344

It's lava cameo, this one: https://www.tiara-mania.com/2022/02/...ure-tiara.html
Old 11-11-2022, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Princess Thyra's sapphire tiara will be auctioned by Bruun Rasmussen. The tiara was owned by Pss Elisabeth of Denmark.

https://bruun-rasmussen.dk/m/lots/4036F5ABDB39?

What a great pity that the RF did not find a way to keep it. I had hoped the Pss might have left the tiara to Prince Christian or ideally to the Crown Princess.

An art deco emerald & diamond bracelet will also be auctioned.

https://bruun-rasmussen.dk/m/lots/50A79A4AEE5E?

Courtesy: Stig at the RJWMB
Old 11-11-2022, 01:38 PM
Courtier

Well that tiara with the interchangeable sapphires and turquoise would look stunning on CP Mary. And she needs another tiara too.
Old 11-11-2022, 01:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
What a great pity that the RF did not find a way to keep it. I had hoped the Pss might have left the tiara to Prince Christian or ideally to the Crown Princess.

Agreed! The DRF doesn't have many good quality "secondary" tiaras in their vault anymore. It makes you wonder what Christian's wife will be relegated to wearing if he marries while QM is still alive since his own mother doesn't have a particularly large collection at her disposal.
Old 11-11-2022, 01:52 PM
Majesty

Bruun Rasmussen sold Countess Ann Dorte tiara 2.000.000 to a Dane . I hope he will buy Princess Elisabeth tiara. The Princess left her Romanov Brooch and a Bracelet to Roseborg Museum.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Agreed! The DRF doesn't have many good quality "secondary" tiaras in their vault anymore. It makes you wonder what Christian's wife will be relegated to wearing if he marries while QM is still alive since his own mother doesn't have a particularly large collection at her disposal.
Well if Christian marries at around the same age Frederik did that will mean almost another 20 years....so QMII would be over 100 and poor Frederik would still be heir at almost about 75....maybe they'd just skip poor Frederik at that point....then Christian's spouse would have ready access to big tiaras.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

That is such a disappointment! Since it is some years since Princess Elisabeth has passed on, I had hoped that the tiara was safe. And with four children of the CP couple it would have made sense to keep it in the family.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

That is really a pity. I don't expect the Rf to buy it at the auction because i guess that would have done in private. Really a waisted opportunity.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:45 PM
Administrator

The estimated price is between 600.000 and 800.000 Danish Crowns (80.000-105.000 Euros). Not something most of us could miss, but one imagines that the RF could have chipped together that amount if they had wanted to.

It is indeed not likely that it will be bought at the auction. It wil be too public and people will know the price. The tiara will be lost.

Tags
countess, denmark, jewellery, rosenborg, ruth