The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-14-2020, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pity it didn't stay in the family and was sold off,would love to have see Crown Princess Mary wearing it.

Old 02-14-2020, 06:30 AM
Majesty

Bruun Rasmussen sold the tiara 2 million DKK , highest estimation price. I am Customer of this great Auction House and followed the Auction in live.
The tiara is a loan for the exhibition.

Old 02-14-2020, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Who is the new owner?
That was not disclosed, the bidder stayed anonymous.
I find it difficult to believe that Queen Margrethe would buy the jewel at an auction where the price is all over the internet. It should have been possible to negotiate a private sale with the Rosenborg countesses.

Maybe the museum has funds to make purchases? Or a sponsor bought it for the museum. Anyway, I'm happy that the tiara is now at Amalienborg and can be admired by the public.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:34 AM
Majesty

Tle late Princess Elisabeth Sapphire tiara is not seen since she passed away.
Queen Alexandrine shared her jewels 50 % for Frederick and 50% for Knud.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

I'm holding my breath for Queen Margrethe's 80th birthday concert. The Rosenborg countesses are usually invited and I think that there is a chance to see one of them with the sapphire tiara of Princess Elisabeth. Since it hasn't appeared at auction it could either still be with her nieces, or maybe it was privately sold to the main branch.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:31 PM
Gentry

Maybe the Queen was offered the sapphire tiara, but didn’t accept the price. Or maybe she bought the other sapphire tiara. She has a nice sapphire necklace that could make a married parure.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I'm holding my breath for Queen Margrethe's 80th birthday concert. The Rosenborg countesses are usually invited and I think that there is a chance to see one of them with the sapphire tiara of Princess Elisabeth. Since it hasn't appeared at auction it could either still be with her nieces, or maybe it was privately sold to the main branch.
But it isn't that long that Pricness Elisabeth passed away. It took some tiaras before the sapphire tiara of Coutness Ane-Dorte was auicionted off. Perphaps Princess Elisabeth tiara was also inherited by her brother and not her nieces.

Old 02-24-2020, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Queen Alexandrine's Russian Sapphire Tiara on Display | The Court Jeweller

Very beautiful sapphires but I dislike the design of this tiara. I prefer the bandeau version.
I agree. I also like the bandeau version much better. That said the tiara is very pretty up close. Me and a friend went to see it last week.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Princess Thyra of Denmark's Sapphire Tiara
Princess Thyra's Sapphire Tiara | The Court Jeweller
I do hope this tiara has found its way back to the main line, and will pop up on Mary in the next reign, along with the Russian sapphire and diamond demi-parure currently in use by QMII.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

She had no children to leave the tiara to herself, so there is some hope. I guess she could have willed it to one of her nieces, but they would have little use for a tiara and would likely end up like the Rosenberg tiara, sold off.

If it does end up with the nieces, and they sell it, would hope the royal family would be given first dibs on purchasing it from them.

Its beautiful tiara and a shame to see it lost to the family if it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Eugenie's engagement ring looks like her mothers imo.
I've never been a fan of rubies so neither is a personal fav of mine, but I love the sentiment behind the choice.

Eugenie's isn't a ruby its a rare sapphire.

https://www.thenaturalsapphirecompan...cha-sapphires/

Really beyond the color they aren't that similar. Sarah's is more like a sun with very prominant rays going out, Eugenie's more a flower. Sarah like Diana screams the 80's, Eugenie's has a more retro feel.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
She had no children to leave the tiara to herself, so there is some hope. I guess she could have willed it to one of her nieces, but they would have little use for a tiara and would likely end up like the Rosenberg tiara, sold off.

If it does end up with the nieces, and they sell it, would hope the royal family would be given first dibs on purchasing it from them.

I agree, she had no children of hr own, and the tiara was not part of her personal effects that were auctioned following her death by Bruun Rasmussen. This is exactly why I think the tiara may well now be in the royal vaults, patiently awaiting its debut at the right time.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

But then the sapphire tiara from their mother seems also not have been offered to the RF for buying back as it was auctioned.

Old 11-19-2020, 04:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But then the sapphire tiara from their mother seems also not have been offered to the RF for buying back as it was auctioned.
That may well be because the Rosenborg's probably wanted to maximise the financial return for their children, and the DRF would not have been willing to pay the maximum price for the tiara that it may fetch at auction.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
That may well be because the Rosenborg's probably wanted to maximise the financial return for their children, and the DRF would not have been willing to pay the maximum price for the tiara that it may fetch at auction.

So when they own the sapphire tiara of the late Princess Elisabeth one could assume that they would do they same with it.

Old 11-19-2020, 05:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
So when they own the sapphire tiara of the late Princess Elisabeth one could assume that they would do they same with it.
Difficult to tell the financial arrangements between the late Princess Elizabeth and the DRF main line. My guess is as she did not have children of her own, she probably either left the tiara to the main line, or they probably gave her some money in her lifetime on the understanding that she left the tiara to them.
Old 11-19-2020, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Difficult to tell the financial arrangements between the late Princess Elizabeth and the DRF main line. My guess is as she did not have children of her own, she probably either left the tiara to the main line, or they probably gave her some money in her lifetime on the understanding that she left the tiara to them.

To me her logical heris woulö be her brother and her nieces if not other arrangements have been made previously.

So who knows perhaps the tiara is now with Count Ingolf as he was her closest relative.

Old 11-19-2020, 06:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
To me her logical heris woulö be her brother and her nieces if not other arrangements have been made previously.

So who knows perhaps the tiara is now with Count Ingolf as he was her closest relative.
I agree, it is entirely possible the tiara is now with Ingolf and his children.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I agree, it is entirely possible the tiara is now with Ingolf and his children.

He has no children so it could be ending up with the three nieces after all.

Old 11-19-2020, 06:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
He has no children so it could be ending up with the three nieces after all.
It would be odd if the nieces would be happy to sell the tiara won by their mother and keep the one worn by their aunt. I am just hoping that Elizabeth's tiara is headed Mary's way, though she will wait for some time to wear it.
Old 11-20-2020, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I do hope this tiara has found its way back to the main line, and will pop up on Mary in the next reign, along with the Russian sapphire and diamond demi-parure currently in use by QMII.
The sapphire tiara of the late Princess Elisabeth has never been in the main line of the Danish RF, so it can't go 'back'. It can only go there for the first time. I won't be sorry if it will , but I don't have my hopes up too high. With four children, it would be nice if the DRF assembled a pool of tiaras for the next generation. But maybe they are looking for smaller pieces, like Mary's antique ruby and spinel tiara.

Tags
countess, denmark, jewellery, rosenborg, ruth