The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-14-2020, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Bruun Rasmussen sold the tiara 2 million DKK , highest estimation price. I am Customer of this great Auction House and followed the Auction in live.
The tiara is a loan for the exhibition.

Old 02-14-2020, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Who is the new owner?
That was not disclosed, the bidder stayed anonymous.
I find it difficult to believe that Queen Margrethe would buy the jewel at an auction where the price is all over the internet. It should have been possible to negotiate a private sale with the Rosenborg countesses.

Maybe the museum has funds to make purchases? Or a sponsor bought it for the museum. Anyway, I'm happy that the tiara is now at Amalienborg and can be admired by the public.

Old 02-14-2020, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Tle late Princess Elisabeth Sapphire tiara is not seen since she passed away.
Queen Alexandrine shared her jewels 50 % for Frederick and 50% for Knud.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

I'm holding my breath for Queen Margrethe's 80th birthday concert. The Rosenborg countesses are usually invited and I think that there is a chance to see one of them with the sapphire tiara of Princess Elisabeth. Since it hasn't appeared at auction it could either still be with her nieces, or maybe it was privately sold to the main branch.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:31 PM
Gentry

Maybe the Queen was offered the sapphire tiara, but didn’t accept the price. Or maybe she bought the other sapphire tiara. She has a nice sapphire necklace that could make a married parure.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I'm holding my breath for Queen Margrethe's 80th birthday concert. The Rosenborg countesses are usually invited and I think that there is a chance to see one of them with the sapphire tiara of Princess Elisabeth. Since it hasn't appeared at auction it could either still be with her nieces, or maybe it was privately sold to the main branch.
But it isn't that long that Pricness Elisabeth passed away. It took some tiaras before the sapphire tiara of Coutness Ane-Dorte was auicionted off. Perphaps Princess Elisabeth tiara was also inherited by her brother and not her nieces.

Tags
countess, denmark, jewellery, rosenborg, ruth