Marie Chantal, Crown Princess Pavlos Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crown Princess has plenty of her own jewels and I guess it depends on whether her mother in law lends them to her.

No, it depends on who is the owner of these tiaras. If they/some of them officially belong to Pavlos now then MC has them or will have them in the near future.

Last edited:
MC has access to the magnificent Queen Frederica diamond tiara, which is the really big gun among the Greek jewels. She'll be okay.

And has also worn jewels from the family collection in the past and the Greeks have one of the best jewel chests in Europe!

As they are not a reigning royal family, the normal rules of inheritance takes precedence over any family traditions…

The tricky question in this case (wich i imagine lawyers are already working at) is wich country’s inheritance law applies to Constantine’s case ?

I presume the jewels was his personal property ? I have never heard that he placed them in a foundation….

He lived in Greece when when he died but he was not a greek citizen since 1994 so i suppose the greek inheritance law is not applicable in his case ?

He had a danish diplomatic passport so is it the danish inheritance law that should apply ?

Or he lived in London for 40 consecutive years so is it the british inheritance law that should apply ?

I don’t know…. But there we likely have the answers as to who will get the greek tiaras…

In any case the Khedive Tiara and the Antique Corsage Tiara is Queen Anne-Marie’s personal property so she won’t be without tiaras

Last edited:
Queen Anne-Marie received the emerald and ruby parures upon her marriage, from her widowed mother-in-law. Now CP Pavlos is the head of the family I would not be surprised if she wants to continue that example and hand over these two parures to her daughter-in-law, who is now Queen-de-jure.

The question is if the ruby Parure and the emerald Parure were/are owned personally by Queen Anne-Marie as they were given to her by Queen Friederike.

The question is if the ruby Parure and the emerald Parure were/are owned personally by Queen Anne-Marie as they were given to her by Queen Friederike.

If they were a legal gift to her and not just ”handed over”, they can’t be a part of the inheritance.

The question is if they really were…

The only way to find out if they has been handed over to CPMC is to see who wears them next.

Hopefully they will be invited to any of the royal galas later this year… Or the coronation in London

Though i fear we will end up with the Khedive Tiara on QAM and the Miller Fringe Tiara on CPMC (i don’t think Olympia and her brothers will be there) and the burning question is left unanswered…

Last edited:
The are lucky to be close family of the Queen Margrethe II who celebrates a lot of tiara Events.

Last edited:
Honestly I can't see Pavlos or Marie Chantal being bothered by the tiaras enough to get into proper discussions about them. I think they will allow Anne Marie to wear them and "own" them - even if not legally - for the remainder of her lifetime, in return I wouldn't be surprised if Anne Marie encourages a bit more sharing and "lends" one or two of them to Marie Chantal when events require it. Marie Chantal has a plenty big enough diamond tiara of her own for important royal events - if anything it is small tiaras she is lacking and the Greek collection while not numerous are all very large.

if anything it is small tiaras she is lacking and the Greek collection while not numerous are all very large.

True enough. Alexia has her own nice tiara, but for small, all they really have is the Antique Corsage tiara. Not necessarily a bad problem to have. :lol:

True enough. Alexia has her own nice tiara, but for small, all they really have is the Antique Corsage tiara. Not necessarily a bad problem to have. :lol:

The one time when all the royal ladies were at a tiara event Princess Theodora wore the Turquoise Daisy Bandeau loaned to her by HM Queen Margrethe. Princess Alexia wore her diamond tiara and Princess Tatiana wore the Antique Corsage tiara. The next event Princess Nina wore the Antique Corsage tiara, Princess Theodora wore Princess Alexia's Diamond tiara, and Princess Alexia wore the Khedive of Egypt tiara. I don't know what they will do if all the ladies show up at once. Maybe Princess Nina will purchase one of her own.

To early to speak now about the future of Queen Anne Marie's greek jewels.

Last edited:
If the Crown Princess attends the Coronation it will be interesting to see what jewels she will wear!

If the Crown Princess attends the Coronation it will be interesting to see what jewels she will wear!

I expect also Olympia to attend, being her Charles’ goddaughter. It can be trickier for MC.

I expect also Olympia to attend, being her Charles’ goddaughter. It can be trickier for MC.

We might see some pretty impressive Greek jewels if that is the case!

Both the ruby parure and the Romanov emerald parure were wedding gift from Queen Federika to her daughter in law/Queen to be. At least they were presented as such in an exposition of the wedding gifts, presented a few days before the wedding. We don't know if the Queen will prefer her daughters (both don't seem to live a white tie life...) or her daughters in law, 2 out of 3 live a very upper class life.
Out of her wedding I don't recall Tatiana wearing a tiara, but I might be wrong.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Both the ruby parure and the Romanov emerald parure were wedding gift from Queen Federika to her daughter in law/Queen to be. At least they were presented as such in an exposition of the wedding gifts, presented a few days before the wedding. We don't know if the Queen will prefer her daughters (both don't seem to live a white tie life...) or her daughters in law, 2 out of 3 live a very upper class life.
Out of her wedding I don't recall Tatiana wearing a tiara, but I might be wrong.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Tatiana definitely did wear a tiara: see for example this picture gallery of Hello Magazine.

And since, she also wore tiara's at various royal events, for example the Swedish weddings:
Wedding of Madeleine & Chris
Wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia

Edit: Link to her wearing a tiara at the birthday dinner in 2017 in Norway.

Last edited:
It's time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom