Malaysian Royal Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to post more pictures from the wedding of the CP of Brunei but we've got new ones to look at.
The Queen and Sultan of Brunei are on a state visit to Malaysia right now.

Here's a pic of Queen Fauziah of Malaysia. I couldnt find a better picture of the brooch. Only a side view.

Attachments

• 3b.jpg
    3b.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,210
  • 3c.jpg
    3c.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,224
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 536
The Sultan and Queen of Brunei are welcomed at the Royal Palace by the King and Queen of Malaysia.
Queen Fauziah is wearing very elegant diamond and emerald jewellery.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 390
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 772
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 498
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,344
The two queens looking at some diamond and ruby jewellery. I think its a gift from one of them.

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 419
  • 1d.jpg
    1d.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 841
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3,264
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 484
Queen Fauziah at the banquet for the Bruneian royals

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 510
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 457
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 436
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 597
more pictures of Queen Fauziah during the state visit from Brunei

Attachments

• 1e.jpg
    1e.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 431
  • 1d.jpg
    1d.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 422
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 358
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 634
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 393
Queen Fauziah wearing pearl jewellery

Attachments

• 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 482
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 439
1. Queen Fauziah wearing pearls - Syria May 2004
2. Opening of Parliament-May 18, 2004. Queen Fauziah is wearing the Gandik Diraja (Royal Tiara) and Kalung Diraja (Royal Necklace) (Pictures posted on Page 1)

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 371
  • Untitled-2copy.jpg
    Untitled-2copy.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 942
Last edited:
The King's head-dress (worn in the last pic above)

Tengkolok Diraja
(The Royal Head-Dress)

For centuries Malay Rulers have worn head-dresses as part of their regalia. They have been wearing head-dresses made of embroidered silk folded in different styles since the days of the Malay Sultanate. The style of folding is called solek. The colour of the head-dress varies from one state to another. There are various styles of folding among which are: ANAK GAJAH MENYUSU, LANG MENYUSUR ANGIN, GARAM SEBUKU (GETAM PEKASAM), PUCUK PISANG PATAH, AYAM PATAH KEPAK and DENDAM TAK SUDAH. The royal head-dress worn by His Majesty Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong during his installation is made of black fabric embroidered with gold thread. It is folded in the style called Dendam Tak Sudah which originated from Negeri Sembilan. Pinned at the front of the head-dress is a crescent and a star. In the centre of the star is the colorful crest of the Government of Malaysia.

Attachments

• img_tengkolok1_2.gif
    img_tengkolok1_2.gif
    57 KB · Views: 3,742
  • img_tengkolok7_2.gif
    img_tengkolok7_2.gif
    63.6 KB · Views: 522
  • img_tengkolok_2.gif
    img_tengkolok_2.gif
    45.9 KB · Views: 2,385
More pictures of Malaysian royal women at the CP of Brunei's wedding (continued from Page 1 and 2)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,858
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 1,011
  • 5c.JPG
    5c.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 2,070
and more....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,206
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 2,220
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 2,229
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,377
Thanks ~*~Humera~*~
Always much appreciated (and enjoyed!).

It's interesting how some of the tiaras are copies of British tiaras past and present. I see a version of Princess Anne's tiara and a version of Queen Alexandra's Rundel tiara...

reynard said:
It's interesting how some of the tiaras are copies of British tiaras past and present. I see a version of Princess Anne's tiara and a version of Queen Alexandra's Rundel tiara...

im not familiar with those tiaras reynard, could you perhaps provide some examples for comparison?

Last edited:
Queen Fauziah wearing diamonds
I dont have a better close-up.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 670
I wonder reynard if this is the tiara you're referring to
They do look very similar dont they?
Princess Anne's is simpler. Tunku Nurul Hayati's tiara has more detail.
Though this is not the first time I've seen women from different royal houses wearing similar tiaras. Some of the motifs infact are repeated quite often on tiaras belonging to different royals.

ps..btw Princess Anne's tiara reminds me more of CP Mary's wedding tiara.

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 2,544
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,377
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,265
  • 50837169.jpg
    50837169.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2,979
Last edited:
gasp, gasp!!!
those emeralds from posts # 22 and 24 are way too fabulous!

although, it would definitely look much better if worn alone
(IMO: one MAJOR piece of jewelry is more stylish/glamorous)

but then again, if you're attending a royal wedding, especially one that was being hosted by the brunei royals... GO PILE THEM UP!!! :p

on the otherhand, the understated look would definitely have stood out :D

I wonder if Malaysian Princess has their own Tiaras... can anyone help me?

princeofpeace said:
I wonder if Malaysian Princess has their own Tiaras... can anyone help me?
Have you looked through this thread? There are many pics of Royal ladies wearing tiaras.

Youp... I did... but those are the Sultanah, Raja Perempuan, Raja Permaisuri and so on(they are Queen of their own states-correct me if I am wrong). What about their daughters and other royal family members?

Do these jewels belong to the individual people and royal families or are they a part of a national royal collection that can only be used by the family during its term reigning over the nation.

Princejohnny25 said:
Do these jewels belong to the individual people and royal families or are they a part of a national royal collection that can only be used by the family during its term reigning over the nation.

I am not sure though if all the jewels are part of a larger national collection or whether each state has a separate collection of its own (which would make sense because each state is a mini-monarchy on its own)

The royal tiara and necklace (posted on page 1) and the King's head-dress are not personal properties of the King and Queen of Malaysia. I have seen pictures from years ago, of different Kings and Queens wearing these same jewels. Whoever is elected to be King and Queen, gets to use them. So that would mean that they belong to the state (Malaysia)

I believe the same is true of the sultans of the different Malaysian states, many of which are elective/revolving monarchies themselves, although some of them are hereditary.
So whoever happens to be the Sultan and Sultanah of a Malaysian state at a particular time , gets to wear the official royal head-dress and tiara for that state.

Ofcourse Im sure that the individual royals and the various royal families have jewels that belong to them as well.

I find the Malaysian system the most unique and fascinating among all the monarchies. There are smaller monarchies within a monarchy. No wonder its many royal ladies put on such a spectacular and glittering display for the marriage of the Crown Prince of Brunei.

Last edited:
princeofpeace said:
What about their daughters and other royal family members?

Im pretty sure that the princess get tiaras of their own, esp. when they get married, like the princesses of Brunei.

Sultan and Sultanah of Selangor-1998(AFP/Corbis)

1965 (Corbis)
1. Tengku Intan Zaharah
2. Tuku Bahiyah (Is it just me or does that necklace look like Arabic verses? It could just be the design)

November 9, 1993 - State visit to the UK (Corbis)
The Queen Mother, Tuanku Siti Aishah, Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz and Queen Elizabeth II.

September 1998, Kuala Lampur-Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip with the Malaysian sovereigns. (Corbis)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Thanks for the picts ~*~Humera~*~..

Is this correct (ref. picture above):-
"November 9, 1993 - State visit to the UK (Corbis)
The Queen Mother, Tuanku Siti Aishah, Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz and Queen Elizabeth II"

or

If I am not mistaken it should be " The Queen Mother, HM Sultanah Tuanku Bainun, HM Sultan Azlan Muhib Ud-din Shah and HM Queen Elizabeth II.

If I am not mistaken it should be " The Queen Mother, HM Sultanah Tuanku Bainun, HM Sultan Azlan Muhib Ud-din Shah and HM Queen Elizabeth II.
-princeofpeace-

you are correct. at that time , Sultan Salahuddin and Tuanku Siti Aishah have not yet appointed as Yang Dipertuan Agong(King) And Raja Permaisuri Agong(Queen) respectively.

1. Tengku Intan Zaharah
2. Tuku Bahiyah (Is it just me or does that necklace look like Arabic verses? It could just be the design)

Wups... thats is not correct.

the first pic is Tuanku Bahiyah. The second photo is Tengku Intan Zaharah.

Back
Top Bottom