Luxembourg Princesses Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No jewels in the Royal Lux. Vault were great enough for Princess Claire !

So Mr Lademacher (as Mr Miller did before) baught her a bling bling necklace and earrings that overshaduwed the Grand Duchess and the Heditary Grand Duchess jewels.

I don't think that's the case...if Claire wanted to wear rubies she could certainly buy her own as there are no ruby sets in the LRF. I don't see anything wrong with Claire choosing to wear what was probably a wedding gift on her first tiara engagement. She already wore a Luxembourg tiara for her most important event which was her wedding so I don't think anyone can blame her for wearing a gift which btw might not be from her father. Kate Middleton and Princess Diana received lots of jewels aka "gifts" from middle eastern countries for their weddings. It could be the same for Claire OR it could be a wedding gift from her mother and father in law. I don't think we'll ever really know where they came from.

I don't think that's the case...if Claire wanted to wear rubies she could certainly buy her own as there are no ruby sets in the LRF. I don't see anything wrong with Claire choosing to wear what was probably a wedding gift on her first tiara engagement. She already wore a Luxembourg tiara for her most important event which was her wedding so I don't think anyone can blame her for wearing a gift which btw might not be from her father. Kate Middleton and Princess Diana received lots of jewels aka "gifts" from middle eastern countries for their weddings. It could be the same for Claire OR it could be a wedding gift from her mother and father in law. I don't think we'll ever really know where they came from.

it would be strange if she received it from her parents in law, as neither stephanie, nor tessy, received any jewels (at least that we know of) from them. in any case, it's great for claire to have her own parure, which suits her really well in any case.

it would be strange if she received it from her parents in law, as neither stephanie, nor tessy, received any jewels (at least that we know of) from them. in any case, it's great for claire to have her own parure, which suits her really well in any case.

Stephanie was a countess before she married so technically she has her own family tiara to wear and the jewels that come with it as we've seen her wear her families earrings at this very occasion.

And as for Tessy...the circumstances surrounding her marriage at the time were tense to say the least and she only received the title of princess years later so giving her jewels probably was not in the forefront of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess's mind.

I was just taking a guess at whom, besides Claire's parents would give her a wedding gift like that.

No jewels in the Royal Lux. Vault were great enough for Princess Claire !

So Mr Lademacher (as Mr Miller did before) baught her a bling bling necklace and earrings that overshaduwed the Grand Duchess and the Heditary Grand Duchess jewels.
I think it would take more than a little "bling bling" to overshadow the Grand Duchess or the Hereditary Grand Duchess! They were both the epitome of restrained grandeur in jewellery, gowns and deportment.

Basically, I don't think they were worried at all about Claire's parure. Do we actually know where they come from or who bought them?

Stephanie was a countess before she married so technically she has her own family tiara to wear and the jewels that come with it as we've seen her wear her families earrings at this very occasion.

And as for Tessy...the circumstances surrounding her marriage at the time were tense to say the least and she only received the title of princess years later so giving her jewels probably was not in the forefront of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess's mind.

I was just taking a guess at whom, besides Claire's parents would give her a wedding gift like that.

i agree on tessy, although tessy has now been welcomed into the family and it would have been strange to gift claire with a set without giving tessy one, or, worse, stephanie, the HGD. the fact that she comes from a family of counts shouldn't exclude her from receiving the same gifts her sisters in law receive, so i'm sure this set didn't come from the grand duke and duchess, but possibly from her family or even a gift from felix (even this last assumption would be strange, as the luxembourg family has some beautiful family tiaras, so i suspect his wish would be for her to use the family tiaras rather than a new one, shop bought). my thoughts is that it comes from her family, maybe a gift given for her wedding to help her ease into her new life.

I tend to believe that the ruby set is a present from Claire’s parents. Although we tend to speculate a lot about middle eastern gifts to various royals, these gifts are mainly known for the main British royals. And why would a middle eastern ruler give such lavish presents to the bride of the spare of small Grand Duchy? Or why would the grand duke and duchess give such a parure to their daughter-in-law, when the Luxembourg tradition is to generously share the family jewels, and even the HGD hasn’t received such jewels? I don’t see the logic in that, but in the end we don’t know. It remains speculation. But I must say that I wouldn’t blame Mr. and Mrs. Lademacher for giving lavish gifts to their only daughter. They are excessively rich, they can afford donate a lot of money to good courses, they only have two kids. So why not spend part of their money on Claire?

i agree on tessy, although tessy has now been welcomed into the family and it would have been strange to gift claire with a set without giving tessy one, or, worse, stephanie, the HGD. the fact that she comes from a family of counts shouldn't exclude her from receiving the same gifts her sisters in law receive, so i'm sure this set didn't come from the grand duke and duchess, but possibly from her family or even a gift from felix (even this last assumption would be strange, as the luxembourg family has some beautiful family tiaras, so i suspect his wish would be for her to use the family tiaras rather than a new one, shop bought). my thoughts is that it comes from her family, maybe a gift given for her wedding to help her ease into her new life.

It could be on loan too! She was wearing a red dress and probably wanted to wear jewels that would match it. Everything is speculation at this point.

I think it would take more than a little "bling bling" to overshadow the Grand Duchess or the Hereditary Grand Duchess! They were both the epitome of restrained grandeur in jewellery, gowns and deportment.

Basically, I don't think they were worried at all about Claire's parure. Do we actually know where they come from or who bought them?

I agree. It reminds me of the story of how Jacqueline Kennedy handled the visit of Empress Farah of Iran to the WH for a State Dinner in 1962. Mrs. Kennedy knew that Farah would come literally dripping with enormous jewels from her head and neck. Jackie could not compete with all the excess and didn't try. Instead she wore a single sunburst diamond clip at the crown of her famous bouffant, and a simple pink strapless sheath.

The contrast couldn't have been more obvious or more stunning. The First Lady was the epitome of restraint and elegance...a walking advertisement for LESS IS MORE.

Claire did not overshadow MT or Stephanie, imo. She just wore more jewels.:cool: And I agree that there is no way that the tiara and the parure came from Henri and MT.

Why would they give such a lavish gift to Claire, who is merely the wife of the "spare" when they didn't do something similar for Tessy? (Stephanie had/has access to the Lannoy jewels and will someday inherit the Lux vault)

Last edited:
Beautiful, elegant tiara!! I like that Sibilla share this tiara!

The tiara is stunning and her private possession, a gift from her parents. :flowers: Her mother is the daughter of Princess Beatriz of Spain (JC's Aunt) and an Italian prince. Her paternal grandmother was Alice Javal, a family whose wealth is compared to the Rothchilds. Her grandparents built the airline industry of France, when the company was nationalized it became Air France. Her grandfather after the war was known as a huge philanthropist who did his best to return Paris to the center of arts, creating a ballet company, helping to restore Versailles, and funding major artists. Sibylla's father has a half sister who was a member of the Romanian nobility and former ruling family Wallachia through his father's first marriage.

Reactions: eya
Clair is from a wealthy family it makes sense that they would give her jewelry as a gift. Each of these women should have their own personal jewelry to wear and enjoy. Something that is their style and taste.

Claire wearing the Adelaide tiara for the first time tonight:

I like the earrings though maybe not for a wedding.:flowers:

The ring :ohmy: Bit and clunky. Like a man's ring or class ring. :ermm:

The tiara is stunning and her private possession, a gift from her parents. :flowers: Her mother is the daughter of Princess Beatriz of Spain (JC's Aunt) and an Italian prince. Her paternal grandmother was Alice Javal, a family whose wealth is compared to the Rothchilds. Her grandparents built the airline industry of France, when the company was nationalized it became Air France. Her grandfather after the war was known as a huge philanthropist who did his best to return Paris to the center of arts, creating a ballet company, helping to restore Versailles, and funding major artists. Sibylla's father has a half sister who was a member of the Romanian nobility and former ruling family Wallachia through his father's first marriage.

Wasn't Paul-Louis Weiller married to Princess Alexandra Ghika before his marriage to Aliki Diplearakos?

Royal Wedding Jewels in Luxembourg | The Court Jeweller

Not fond of the ring or earrings. Wonder what tiara she will wear at the religious ceremony. Maybe this tiara on her step mother: http://c8.alamy.com/comp/DX4JP6/pri...-de-nassau-attends-the-gala-dinner-DX4JP6.jpg

Its a beautiful tiara and perfect for a bride.
This tiara was a loan from Princess Sibylla and can also be worn in a larger version. It's a possibility, but I can also imagine her with the small floral tiara.

Princess Josephine Charlotte of Belgium wore the Congo Bracelet as tiara and not the necklace because on some pictures we can see that she wore the Congo necklace.

Maria Olivia, are you sure that it was the Congo necklace that she wore, and not a diamond riviere? To me, it looks more like a riviere, but I haven't seen clear enough pics to be certain.

I think it was reported that during the ceremony she wore the Congo necklace/taira and for the official photos she wore the diamond scroll tiara. Don't know are there 2 Congo pieces? A convertible necklace/tiara and a bracelet? I alwaqys thought it is only the convertivle necklace/tiara.

Last edited:
Stefan , when you see the Congo necklace and the bracelet to-gether , you can see that wearing the necklace as tiara is impossible. (this was discussed on GREMB some years ago). Indeed , for the official picture the Princess wore the scroll tiara.

this is a picture of the Congo necklace and the bracelet , she indeed wore the necklace as a tiara on her wedding day the necklace has to lines of round diamonds and a line of baguette diamonds byt the bracelet is one line baguette diamonds and one round diamonds here is a picture of it being worn by luxembourg princesses and grand duchesses

Back
Top Bottom