The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-17-2020, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't like this tiara when the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte wore it, but Stephanie makes it work well, imo. She has, once again, great tiara hair and she placed her tiara well. This must have been her 10th tiara in 17 tiara occasions. Though I admit that a brooch would have been the icing on the cake with this gown.

Alexandra seems to have found a new favourite with the Chaumet choker tiara and she looks great. She wears this tiara for the third time out of her ten tiara events so far.

Edit: I know that Josephine Charlotte has worn the sapphire necklace tiara at least once. Does anybody know when and where that was?

Old 01-17-2020, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I didn't like this tiara when the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte wore it, but Stephanie makes it work well, imo. She has, once again, great tiara hair and she placed her tiara well. This must have been her 10th tiara in 17 tiara occasions. Though I admit that a brooch would have been the icing on the cake with this gown.

Alexandra seems to have found a new favourite with the Chaumet choker tiara and she looks great. She wears this tiara for the third time out of her ten tiara events so far.

Edit: I know that Josephine Charlotte has worn the sapphire necklace tiara at least once. Does anybody know when and where that was?

As far as i recall during her lifetime GD Joséphine-Charlotte was the only one wearing the sapphire necklace/tiaras. She has worn it several times but i can't recall to which occasion. Once she wore it as neckalce for official pics.

It looked quiet good on Stephanie yesteray but i prefer it as necklace then the sapphires come out better. In the pics from yesterday i can't spot the sapphires and without knowing one would think that iare only diamond.

Old 01-17-2020, 08:23 AM
Majesty

Have a look on "bijoux royaux en folie " which is back ! Well done for us french speaking posters.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you, Maria-Olivia! So GD Josephine Charlotte wore it as a tiara on March 1st 1977 on a State Visit to Germany. Here's the link to the blog: https://bijouxroyauxenfoliewordpress...ecklace-tiara/
Old 01-17-2020, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The diamond vine leaves tiara hasn't been seen in a while,though is has been used for a lot of family weddings.

https://www.tiara-mania.com/2013/11/...ves-tiara.html
Old 01-18-2020, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The diamond vine leaves tiara hasn't been seen in a while,though is has been used for a lot of family weddings.

https://www.tiara-mania.com/2013/11/...ves-tiara.html
The last wearer was Tessy at the National Day Gala in 2016. It was around their 10th wedding anniversary, and they also published a photo of the couple for their anniversary, which probably was taken before the national day gala. Tessy hadn't worn a wedding tiara, and at the time I had thought that wearing the tiara then was was a kind of compensation for that. It really, really surprised me to see the divorce announcement so shortly after the tiara portrait.

I believe that this tiara is also going to be the wedding tiara of Princess Alexandra and Louis' future wife. It works so well as a wedding tiara, imo, and Claire looked spectacular with it.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The last wearer was Tessy at the National Day Gala in 2016. It was around their 10th wedding anniversary, and they also published a photo of the couple for their anniversary, which probably was taken before the national day gala. Tessy hadn't worn a wedding tiara, and at the time I had thought that wearing the tiara then was was a kind of compensation for that. It really, really surprised me to see the divorce announcement so shortly after the tiara portrait.

I believe that this tiara is also going to be the wedding tiara of Princess Alexandra and Louis' future wife. It works so well as a wedding tiara, imo, and Claire looked spectacular with it.
Never believe portraits. Alexandra and Joachim made the most romantic Disney-esque portraits ever with white blossom gently falling on the "happy" couple. The ink was barely dry on the photographs when the couple announced to separate.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:32 AM
Gentry

I really don't like many of the Luxembourg tiaras. Some of them should just been kept as necklace and not tiaras. And some of them have bad design. They are either really small or gigantic like the empire tiara. Maybe it has something to do with the bad hairstyle of the women. I don't know.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:56 AM
Majesty

Grand Duchesses Charlotte and then Grand Duchesse Josephine Charlotte wore their tiaras on a perfect way such as the empire tiara.
I never saw the now Grand Duchess wearing her jewels well.
I am lookig forward Hed Grand Duchess Stephanie.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Empire Tiara looked very regal on both Grand Duchess Charlotte and Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte but I never warmed to it when worn by Grand Duchess Maria Theresa.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

The empire tiara is one of my least favourite tiaras of any European. It's massive and while beautiful intricate in ways, it's hard to suit anyone.

Agreed it doesn't suit MT at all.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:21 AM
Gentry

When Maria Teresa wears the empire tiara it looks like she has a pope hat on top of her head. She needs to get more volum to the hairstyle. I don't think it would be any better with the HGD Stephanie, because she usually does not have any style either. Maybe not interested in it...
Old 01-20-2020, 07:57 AM
Majesty

The Empire tiara is only worn by Grand Duchesses such as in Belgium the Nine Province tiara for the Queens.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Grand Duchesses Charlotte and then Grand Duchesse Josephine Charlotte wore their tiaras on a perfect way such as the empire tiara.
I never saw the now Grand Duchess wearing her jewels well.
I am lookig forward Hed Grand Duchess Stephanie.
For me, this is the only time GD Maria Theresa wore the tiara well - with the proper hair style required

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and the Empire Tiara | The Court Jeweller
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NMtQ3dXm9...iateresa03.png
Old 05-16-2020, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

In this article is information about the tiaras of the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg.
The Court Jeweller: Luxembourg
Old 06-08-2020, 04:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Luxembourg's Sparkling Bandeau Collection | The Court Jeweller

The only tiara that I like from this article is the aquamarine bandeau.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Every time Princess Claire wore a tiara.
http://fotos.sapo.pt/luisfialho/foto...BUYzPvYYV3GY9O

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FvKr6iau3..._800_thumb.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3RraBJye1...rg-Gala-10.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-67DxOYmD8.../982439654.jpg
Old 06-30-2020, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Luxembourg's Sparkling Bandeau Collection | The Court Jeweller

The only tiara that I like from this article is the aquamarine bandeau.
The diamond aquamarine bandeau is stunning and the best of the lot.

Tags
jewellery, joan, luxembourg, princess joan, tiaras