Liechtenstein Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is the most fabulous Fringe tiara ever !
I was glad to see Prince Nicholas and Princess Margaretha daughters wearing two of their tiaras the day of their Wedding.

The Bavarian doesn’t belong to Sophie but she has access to it. She might inherit it.
Afaik, the Bavarian floral pearl tiara belongs to the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichsfonds, so it will stay available for the main line Bavarian family. The Douglas tiara, on the other hand, is privately owned by Duchess Elisabeth, who inherited it from her own family. So there is a chance that this tiara will be passed on to the Liechtenstein family.

Afaik, the Bavarian floral pearl tiara belongs to the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichsfonds, so it will stay available for the main line Bavarian family. The Douglas tiara, on the other hand, is privately owned by Duchess Elisabeth, who inherited it from her own family. So there is a chance that this tiara will be passed on to the Liechtenstein family.
Are you sure about this one as it has only be worn by Duchess Elisabeth and her daughters. I know the eglantine tiara belongs to the Ausgleichsfonds but that one is used only by Duchess Elisabeth and very seldom.

Are you sure about this one as it has only be worn by Duchess Elisabeth and her daughters. I know the eglantine tiara belongs to the Ausgleichsfonds but that one is used only by Duchess Elisabeth and very seldom.
I read it somewhere, but don't remember the source, so it might be incorrect. But since it is an important tiara that goes back to Queen Marie Therese, I think it likely that it is secured for the Bavarian RF. I guess, time will have to show.
But I assume that Princess Sophie will inherit one tiara. If that's not a Bavarian tiara, then she'll have the Douglas tiara. After all, she is the eldest daughter and the one who married into a ruling family.

Are you sure because the family sold the egalantine tiara in the 30s so I assumed it belonged to them.

The Habsburg Fringe Tiara is the one that I'm more familiar with!

The Habsburg Fringe is one of the best fringe IMO.

Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein wore Princess Marie Kinsky’s Honeysuckle Tiara to the reception following the wedding of Crown Hussein bin Abdullah of Jordan and Rajwa bint Khaled Al Saif at Al Husseiniya Palace in Amman, Jordan on 1 June 2023.

Sophie in Princess Marie Kinsky’s Honeysuckle Tiara

She is wearing some impressive earrings too. Does anybody know the background of them? The princess wore a substantial diamond and sapphire necklace as well during the wedding ceremony, which I did not recognise either.

Last edited:
The princess wore a substantial diamond and sapphire necklace as well during the wedding ceremony, which I did not recognise either.

Indeed. But it is a different one then the one Princess Gina used to wear often.

Years ago Princess Gina wore an impressive sapphire and diamond necklace and earrings in an official photograph with Prince Franz Joseph and I believe that Princess Marie wore this suite in Bonn when Prince Hans Adam first took over the running of Liechtenstein. But, I have never seen Princess Sophie wearing this suite although she has worn other Liechtenstein diamonds.

Years ago Princess Gina wore an impressive sapphire and diamond necklace and earrings in an official photograph with Prince Franz Joseph and I believe that Princess Marie wore this suite in Bonn when Prince Hans Adam first took over the running of Liechtenstein. But, I have never seen Princess Sophie wearing this suite although she has worn other Liechtenstein diamonds.

I think it has worn only a few times by Princess Marie. There is also a convertible fringe shaped necklace/tiara with sapphires which was a Wedding gift to Princess Marie. But it hasn't been seen in ages. Princess Marie preferred to wear her pearl choker and usually keept it simple with Jewels

Hereditary Princess Sophie's tiara appearance of 2023:

I wish we could see Sophie wearing jewels more often.

The Honeysuckle tiara is a favourite of mine, and it looks fantastic on Sophie! It was wonderful seeing it at the Jordanian wedding.

Back
Top Bottom