Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
last night she wear a wonderful ruby necless,,, some one have apic from him??

thanks Warren. the neckless is very beautifull.!!!

Here´s the bracelet:
MediumPhoto
At the Glittering Royal Events Message Board there is a photo, posted by Octavius, where Queen Sofia looks to have the same necklace.
GREMB

Last edited:
what is the orgins of the necklace i know she wore the earings in Denmark for Mary's wedding and they were loaned by Sofia but does the necklace, braclet and small brooch on the order match the earings

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

( by courtesy of deadlines)

Earrings wore by the Princess of Asturias wore the gala dinner in the Prado which belong to the important jeweles of the Spain Royal Familly

Adelaide do you have more information on how these beautiful diamonds came into the spanish royal family and did the diamond necklace that Letizia wore at the Prado musuem gala belong to the diamond earring

for so long the Princess of Asturais has been confined to wearing only a small selection of impressive jewels but recently it seems that the King has given her access to so much more

Does anyone knoew if at any occassion Letizia has worn the sapphire set which she was given by the King and Queen and seen at her pre-wedding gala dinner???

Last edited:
Dear princessofEurope, so sorry because I fear that I'm quiet unable to answer to your questions.

1. For the magnific and delicat diamonds earrings, I'm sure they are ancient and the Queen wore them since a long while - for the great and impressive gala given for the coronation of the shah of Iran, Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofia were not Kings of Spain but only princes of Spain-

2. I don't know their story, i.e. at whom belong before to be wore by Sofia

3. For the diamonds necklace wore by the Princess of Asturias for the Prado Gala, It's semm tome that the Queen wore it too but in looking for in my archives I didn't find any topic pic of this necklace wore by the Doña Sofia as Princess of Spain or Queen. But, as this collar look, for me, like the same style of the earrings of diamonds, I thing it's a set, a very beautiful set even if it's not the most spetacular set of diamonds of the Spain Royal Familly.

4. At my knoledge, up to know and except for the pre wedding gala dinner, I don't remember to have see the princess of Asturias to wear thhis fathers's in law's gift. But i can be wrong!

For your general remark about the jewels wore by the Princess of Asturias, it's true that since a lot of times, Letizia is begining to wore more important jewelry, modern ones obviously by for her like earrings and bracelet for the birthday of W A of Orange; ancient ones as the rubies set - earrings, neklace, brooche, bracelet- wore for the gala dinner of the slovenian president that we know were belong to th Countess of Barcelone and that the Queen Sofia had worn a little - I found a pic withe the earring and a different necklace-; and to end the ancient set withe the magnific earrings , worn byet by the Quenn very often, and the very refined necklace.

that it's for the most important part of her jewelry. But we can observe too that her earrings diamonds "cassettes" is improving too because she is begining to have a beautifull collection of pairs of diamonds earrings in a style as Cartier or Bulgari is doing now for young woman which fit very well to the princess of Asturais.

Last edited by a moderator:
adelaide thank you very much for that info it was extremely useful i didnt realise that the ruby necklace she wore for the dinner in honour of president of slovenia had once belonged to the countess of barcelona.

ladyfinn it certainly looks like the necklace that sofia wore at Leonor's baptism and the one letizia wore at the prado gala are the same

Yes, it looks that the necklace worn by the Queen Sofia for the christiening of Leonor is very similar at those of Letizia for the Prado gala dinner.
I find a recent pic of the Queen with this necklace that we can see very well. It was for the gala dinner for the visit of the President Putin.

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
( by courtesy of Corbis)

I cannot understand why most of the Princesses can chose between jsut 2 tiaras.
I like Letizias two tiaras - I love the florals- but it would be so awesome if Letizia could also chose between more tiaras like Maxima.

On Monday there is another galadinner.
I hope she will wear the florals again. :)

look at this
"the 8 tiaras owned by Royal family of Spain"
scroll down the screen
JOYAS DE LA REALEZA - España

this tiara is not new is owned by Royal family of Spain

Isn´t Letizia´s tiara the Mellerio Shell Tiara? It´s nice that she got to use this lovely tiara.

interesting link thanks ikram
letizia looked stunning, just a beautiful ensemble from the tiara to the shoes. i really like the way this tiara fits her head and style. interesting history of the spanish jewels
The Royal Scribe

it suggests the diamond necklace was a wedding gift for queen ena in 1906
and the shell tiara was by mellerio a french jewelry house, Isabella III in 1868 gave it to her daughter at her marriage and it made its way through the kings father to sofia as a wedding gift.

Many thanks Bonbon for your fantastic work. it's the first time that we can see so well some jeweles of the Princess of Asturias.

As when she married the Prince of Asturias Letiziadi didn't any jelwery acording to her rank, it's very intersting to se how she is recieving her own jeweles, modern ones corresponding to her statut ( principaly earrings and bracelets diamonds) and how she is wearing ancient ones belonging to the Spain Royal Family.

I had to confess that with the shell tiara she was absolutly radiant. I think she is wearing this tiara as if it was doing for her, may be must than the prusian tiara and the flower ones which fit to her very well too.

Princess Letizia yesterday evening in Barcelona. Nice brooch. Is it real or costume jewellery?
Photo from Polfoto
Photo

Letizia at the Peruvian dinner again choose to wear the diamond necklace and earrings that she first displayed at the opening of the Prado museum and are important Spanish jewels - really nice

Letizia has worn 3 tiaras so far (Prussian Tiara, Shell Tiara and Flower Tiara). These 3 tiaras are owned by Queen Sofia who received them as a gift: The Prussian Tiara, wedding tiara of Queen Sofia and Princess Letizia, used to belong to her mother, Queen Frederica of the Hellenes, the Shell tiara was a wedding gift from Sofia's father in law, the Count of Barcelona, on the occasion of her wedding to Don Juan Carlos and the Flower Tiara was a gift from General Franco on the same occasion.

There are 3 more tiaras that Letizia could wear in theory: Loop Tiara, Pearl Tiara and Fleur de Lys tiara. She will definitely not wear the Fleur de Lys tiara before she becomes Queen as this is the most prestigeous one; not sure of the other two but it's a bit unlikely since JC only recently acquired both tiaras for Queen Sofia from relatives (the Pearl tiara after the death of Queen Ena's daughter Countess Marone and the Loop tiara after the death of his mother Dona Maria Mercedes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom