Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia is looking gorgeous, love the jewels. I would also like a better pic of the earrings. Finally we can really enjoy her stunning Fleur de Lys brooch!!

The Fleur de Lys brooch is gorgeous! Is this new? I don't recall seeing it before. I also love her tiara. It is one of my favorites.

The Fleur de Lys brooch is gorgeous! Is this new? I don't recall seeing it before. I also love her tiara. It is one of my favorites.

No she has worn on a few occassions at gala dinners in the last number of months - it appears to be a modern design and setting but i dont know where she got it from

She looks fantastic--goddess-like in that gown with that hair! But, I do get tired of that Prussian tiara--

OK, the safety pin must most definitely be a running gag.

Now to business. The dress, the earrings the brooch the Order are all fabulous but, when she wears her hair a la Dalla, e.g. "Big" she manages to make the Prussian tiara look like a pimple on a pumpkin. Which, when you consider how fine featured and petite she is, is quite some accomplishment.

There have been several occassion she has worn the Prussian with elegance and elan. Would that she could again.

OMG! That looks tacky! I am shocked she allowed that.. There are ways to hide safety pins.. And if it is too big on her...shorten the order...cut and re-sew it again to make it shorter...

That safety pin looks horrible on the sash. I hadn't even noticed it because I was looking at the hair and tiara---it looks tacky (to quote Lady Marmalade). Surely there are some other APPROPRIATE brooches out there; the Swedes have those magnificant button brooches, etc....does Spain not have anything else for the Princess besides a safety pin??

Carla Bruni managed to wear her sash without a brooch at all. Letizia needs a brooch + safety pin? Sorry, I don't understand the necessity!

i would love a better look at the diamond earrings she is wearing tonight - has anyone found a clear picture
Under that mess of tresses who would know if she was even wearing earrings? :rolleyes:

Carla Bruni managed to wear her sash without a brooch at all.
Possibly she used double-sided tape, an old stand-by for keeping things in place.

Marg said:
OK, the safety pin must most definitely be a running gag.
But the joke's on who?

Last edited:
For my part, if you please, I am convinced that this Safety pin was made out of pure platinum.

But the joke's on who?
We forum fashionista critics of course because . . . we just don't get it! :lol:
For my part, if you please, I am convinced that this Safety pin was made out of pure platinum.
You may be right, we may be crazy but, a safety pin is a safety pin is a safety pin. :D

Letizia has had that safety pin many times at gala dinners, so obviously it doesn´t bother king Juan Carlos or Queen Sofia.

Possibly she used double-sided tape, an old stand-by for keeping things in place.
Then someone should let Letizia into this secret trick. Please!!!

It may be worth a million Euro and I would still not care for it. :nonono:

Last edited by a moderator:
Then someone should let Letizia into this secret trick. Please!!!

It may be worth a million Euro and I would still not care for it. :nonono:

I am curious to know the story behind the safety pin.

If it is, that would be its only redeeming quality. But, honestly I don't care if it is platinum and double dipped in diamonds, it still seems out of place. I just don't get it. Is it worn for sentimental reasons? Is it a joke? :nonono:

I think it is one of Aaron Basha's diamond safety pins, very popular a couple of years ago for new moms. They would buy charms and put them on the pin. I thought it was very ugly and kinda stupid except of course for the designer who made a fortune on this soccer mom crap. Maybe that is what this is,,, still it does not work in any shape or form. The prince should buy her a nice simple brooch to use.

:previous: It would look kind of mumsy on a "Soccor Mom". On Letitzia's royal order at a formal or state function it just looks plain tacky! :ohmy:

Last edited:
Can we have a larger picture of the safety pin? maybe it wasn't styled like a "safety pin" :p

Beautiful bracelet! Is it new? I´ve never seen it before...

I haven't seen the bracelets with Leonor & Sofia's names? Have I missed them somewhere. And I love the earrings with the outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom