Kent Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are the blue/lavender stones with the pearls and diamonds? Lovely on
Princess Michael- stunning actually!

:previous:

I really hope someone will have the answer as I don't know it. The earrings look a bit like moonstone to me, but I'm really not sure.

Maybe light blue star sapphire? Absolutely beautiful!!

Yes, I would consider it most likely that it are sapphires. :flowers:

And now for something completely different. :)

Courtesy once again of giov in the British forums...
Princess Michael, 11 November 2009

--> Frog Brooch

Last edited:
The frog brooch is too big for my taste, but I loved the earrings she was wearing.

She likes to wear her jewels? Good on her, and lucky us jewels-watchers! :)
Princess Michael looks fabulous in her jewels..... the more on her the better they are.

I kind of like the frog brooch, it adds a whimsical touch.

I don't know the provence, but she has worn this a few times in different ways. I think the middle can be worn as a brooch and the necklace can be taken apart. It would be nice to have more info on her personal jewels, in which she seems to have many!!

But it isn't costume jewellery, is it? The earrings especially look pretty real to me.

Close-up of Princess Michael wearing a beautiful necklace and earrings:

http://i35.tinypic.com/24qjzet.jpg

If you look closely at the earring you see a star from the light. So the necklace and earrings in my opinion are light blue STAR sapphires. It my be real or not.

Sure matches her eyes. Just breath taking. What a real princess should look like.:);):)

In this pic there is a good view of the emerald and diamond and diamond bracelets she is wearing and her large emerald and diamond ring can just be seen too.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Lovely pictures, many thanks.

The bracelets are wonderful - would anyboddy know if they belong to MC or if they have been borrowed? Has she been seen with them earlier ( I know the ring is hers)?

She has been wearing that emerald and diamond bracelet from as early as 1984 as there are photos of her wearing it at the ballet in March of that year in an old Royal book I have. In more recent times she also wore it to Raine Spencer's 70th birthday party a few years ago and to that Asian awards ceremony recently when she also wore that red dress.

They belong to Marie Christine, she wore this diamond bracelet many times, for example at banquet with President Putin. The emerald jewellery was inherited from Duchess of Windsor - big necklance, earings, bracelet. I saw her in this emerald ring few times. I must say she has great style.

Thanks for the photos!
Mixing ethnic themed jewellery with European fashion outfits can be tricky. I have to say that Princess Michael does a good job of incorporating this particular set of jewellery into European ensembles.

Beautiful how the Indian jewelry picks up on the lace of the dress.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this specifically an Indian affair that she wore this for?
If find the color to be very complimentary to her. It does not appear that the blue stones are precious gems though- semi-precious by the way the photograph makes them appear.
In this pic there is a good view of the emerald and diamond and diamond bracelets she is wearing and her large emerald and diamond ring can just be seen too.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
In this particular photograph, the jewels does not appear to be neccessarily Idian. It may have just been the dress in the previous photograph that lends to such an impression.
I find it interesting through, how a change of dress color and style makes the jewels take on a completely different look.

IMO, this is a classic example of Indian "Kundan" - which in essentially precious and semi-precious diamonds set in gold

Yes, the second photograph in the red dress is much clearer. It shows the setting much nicer, beautiful.

I dont think I've ever seen a photo of Alexandra in this tiara. It looks like some sort of star tiara, I didn't know there was one in the BRF. Does anybody else have better photos of this and her other tiaras?

I think it's a floral tiara, there is a better picture at the first page of the thread. Alexandra got this tiara and a copy of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee necklac from her husband to use as a parure, since Princess Marina left her jewels to her sons. I have also seen it worn with turquoises and instead of diamonds.
Speaking about diamond , I ve been lately trying to locate which pieces Queen Olga of Greece gave to her granddaghters and I believe that her diamond stars (she had 3 or 4) divided between Marina and another granddaughter. However , I haven't seen any pictures of Marina wearing diamond stars , only Princess Alexandra. Has someone seen some picture?

You are righ Snowflower it is a floral tiara. It may be wear with pearls, saphires or turquoises.

Did we get to the bottom of the origins of the pearl and sapphire necklace that Princess Michael wore at her sons wedding?

Did we get to the bottom of the origins of the pearl and sapphire necklace that Princess Michael wore at her sons wedding?

Where can I find a photo of the necklace, Muriel? I don't remember what she wore.;)

Back
Top Bottom