Jewels worn by Members of the Spanish Royal Family 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

It is really a nice peace. Pity that it doesn't belong to the main branch as it would be a nice change to all the diamond and diaomdond and pearl pieces they have. Have read somewhere that it has belonged to the mother of the Countess of Barcelona.

She has also worn the big diamond and pearl tiara who comes from Queen Maria Cristina for her Wedding and at the State Visit from Queen Elizabeth II. to Spain.

Infanta Pillar looked regal. Pearls and diamonds are a classical combination.

I don't really think that it is the loop tiara. Here is another version of the picture
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/TiliaCordata/Spain/es mystery mc1_zpsgd2fihk1.jpg

and a close-up of the tiara (cropped to less than 20% of the original pic)

and a painting where she seems to wear the same mystery tiara.
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/TiliaCordata/Spain/es mystery mc3_zpshfvoxjdu.jpg

Maybe it had to be sold during the exile? Or it was taken apart and the stones used for other jewels?

The jewel vault at the Palacio Real was looted during the RF exile so I'd imagine this yet unidentified tiara was either stolen or later sold off.

I don't really think that it is the loop tiara. Here is another version of the picture
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/TiliaCordata/Spain/es mystery mc1_zpsgd2fihk1.jpg

and a close-up of the tiara (cropped to less than 20% of the original pic)

and a painting where she seems to wear the same mystery tiara.
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/TiliaCordata/Spain/es mystery mc3_zpshfvoxjdu.jpg

Maybe it had to be sold during the exile? Or it was taken apart and the stones used for other jewels?

Thanks fior the closeup. No i agree that it is not the Loop tiaras. Perhaps it went to the descendants of her daughters.

Amazing tiara. Still belongs to the ex Kings? We take long to see this tiara to Letizia.

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge its still in Queen Sofia's jewel vault but I think it would look amazing on Queen Letizia.

Queen Letizia didn't have that many tiara events since Felipe's accession. There were only three State Visits from South American republics, for which the floral tiara was very appropriate, imo. And then there was the debut of her own new Ansorena tiara in Kopenhagen. I think that she finally wanted to wear the gift from her husband, and that she preferred to debut it before she debuts another borrowed tiara from her mother-in-law. So there wasn’t the right occasion wear to the Cartier tiara yet, but I hope that she will wear it once the State Visits from and to other monarchies get started.

As to the ownership, I don’t think that this is a problem. The floral tiara also belongs to Queen Sofia, it was a wedding present to her. The former Queen certainly wouldn’t mind loaning the Cartier to Letizia.

:previous: That would be great indeed! I would prefer emeralds, because that would be close to the original version of the tiara. Is it known how the original emeralds were cut? Were they faceted stones, or cabochons? From the pics I know I guess that they were faceted, but I am not sure.

If history repeats itself, the new queen may never wear them. Queen Mary still had many jewels that were never worn by QEQM. The jewels went directly to QE2 when QM died.

Could that be the same tiiara but the one time without the pearl spikes?

Well spotted Stefan,you maybe right.Pity tiara events for the Infantas have become a thing of the past otherwise we might have some better quality photos of Pilar's tiaras.

Thanks for those glittering pics! :flowers: I think that they might have been taken at the pre-wedding of Infanta Pilar. Does anybody know? Those were glittering days when the jewels came out even in exile. The large aquamarine pendant is especially eye-catching. What a whopper!

Is Infanta Maria Cristina of Spain, Countess Marone wearing the Cartier Diamond and Pearl Tiara?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom