Jewels worn by Members of the Spanish Royal Family 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Infanta Pilar last wore her sapphire earrings and pendant at a Gala Dinner in Monaco 2 years ago .It would be nice to see them back in the main Spanish Collection,Letizia doesn't really wear jewels but hopefully her daughters will!

Infanta Pilar last wore her sapphire earrings and pendant at a Gala Dinner in Monaco 2 years ago .It would be nice to see them back in the main Spanish Collection,Letizia doesn't really wear jewels but hopefully her daughters will!

I think you will see Letizia wear more jewels in time, just as she used to. Now is probably not the best time to pull out the big tiaras. In a few years time, if she had access to Pilar's sapphires, I am sure she would put them to good use.

Princess Carla de Orleans,daughter in law of Infanta Eulalia:

Princess Antonella de Orleans wearing the same tiara:

Thanks Marc, what a great tiara it is. I have never seen the tiara before. I guess the flowers are daisies. Is the provenance of the piece known? I suppose it must have belonged to infanta Eulalia. The diamonds are small, the rubies are large - if they are real rubies (remember that Fabiola's Spanish tiara has fake stones).

Last edited:
Amazing that its still with the family as most of Infanta Eulalia's jewels were stolen following the declaration of the Spanish Republic.The Infanta had several pieces passed on from her mother,Isabella II.

342px-Eulalia_of_Bourbon%2C_Infanta_of_Spain.jpg

I had seen the wedding pic of Princess Carla before, but had no idea that the tiara is still in the family. It's nice to know!

Pity that there are only few wedding pictures of that branch of the family. Beatriz d'Orleans and her daughter Elena have worn infanta Eulalia's star tiara.

Pre Spanish Civil war one can only imagine what gems the Borbóns had at their disposal!

Is the provenance of the piece known? I suppose it must have belonged to infanta Eulalia.

I don't know :( but I guess!

I found pictures while trying to google something else and I was like hmmm,I should post this here ;)

I didn't like Infanta Elena's necklace ,the Marichalar diamond tiara was last seen in 2010,I don't think we'll see it for sometime!

What is your meaning about King Juan Carlos's Sisters jewels ??

As per that article H.M.Queen Sofia is still the custodian of most of the important Spanish pieces.
The article is from 21.06. last year. So 2 days after the abdication. Probably no ones knows who is responsible for the spanish tiaras at the moment and to which pieces Letizia has access.

Thank you Lula,I personally think it works better with the Pearls added.

This diamond tiara has a dent in the middle, which does not look good in a tiara. With the pearls it looks so much better because the middle pearl prong is so large that it makes up for the dent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom