Jewels worn by Members of the Spanish Royal Family 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither, and I don´t think those are real stones :ermm:

I guess it was bought/done to match that particular dress (beautiful one, btw)

Me neither, and I don´t think those are real stones :ermm:

I guess it was bought/done to match that particular dress (beautiful one, btw)

I don't think we'll see Cristina's jewels for a long,long time!

It's from the pre-wedding dinner of Felipe and Letizia 2004, here is a HQ version of the photo.
http://www.bekia.es/images/galeria/18000/18522_infanta-urdangarin-cena-gala-boda-principe.jpg

I believe, that this is real, looking like diamonds and emerald drops on a velvet ribbon. As this is the pre-wedding dinner of the heir to the Spanish throne with all Royals over the World attending, I strongly assume, that this is real.
But. it may happen, that it is not hers - it already happened several times in the past (also with Infanta Elena) that they loaned some jewels. So my assumption is: a loan, but real jewels.
Bye Bine

Bine, it is unusual that the Spanish Royal Family loan jewelry, everything they wear is theirs or of the Family.

Both infantas have sets, usually wedding gifts from Arab monarchies, which have been seen few times. Jaime de Marichalar loved jewelry and gave several to his wife, his mother also made some loan to the Infanta Elena (like a spectacular diamond brooch that she had in the Danish wedding).

The brooch of the Infanta Cristina is of diamonds and emeralds, and was the gift of the ​​Countess of Barcelona for her wedding.

The Spanish Royal Family is discrete with their jewels. There are historical pieces not seen for years, and that are used only on very special occasions. There are also gifts that have been seen only once.

An Ard Ri it is said that diamond sapphire tiara (whole parue) belongs to the family of late countess of Barcelona. It probably was one of her wedding presents which she used to wear until she gave it to infanta Pilar. I saw photos of infanta wearing it during her pre-wedding gala dinner.

An Ard Ri it is said that diamond sapphire tiara (whole parue) belongs to the family of late countess of Barcelona. It probably was one of her wedding presents which she used to wear until she gave it to infanta Pilar. I saw photos of infanta wearing it during her pre-wedding gala dinner.
Any pics of the Countess wearing it. Have not seen any of ith with this tiara.

Thanks for posting this pic, I haven't seen it before.

I have read that the sapphire tiara originates from the first Countess of Paris, grandmother of the Countess of Barcelona. But I have no idea, how creditable these sources were.

Infanta Margarita seems to own a small diamont tiara. Is there anything known about the origin of this jewel?

Thanks for posting this pic, I haven't seen it before.

I have read that the sapphire tiara originates from the first Countess of Paris, grandmother of the Countess of Barcelona. But I have no idea, how creditable these sources were.

Infanta Margarita seems to own a small diamont tiara. Is there anything known about the origin of this jewel?

Yes I've read somewhere in the past that the tiara came to Spain with Princess Louise of Orléans mother of Princess María de las Mercedes of the Two Sicilies.Louise was the daughter of Philippe d'Orléans, Count of Paris & Marie Isabelle d'Orléans, Countess of Paris & Infanta of Spain.

I think I prefer it with the pearls,its a shame that we rarely see Infantas Pilar and Margarita wearing tiaras!

I agree with both: the tiara is better with pearls, and it would be nice to see the infantas at galas again. But not even Elena und Christina attend state banquetts anymore. Sigh. Will we ever see Pilar's and Margarita's tiaras again?:sad:

I agree with both: the tiara is better with pearls, and it would be nice to see the infantas at galas again. But not even Elena und Christina attend state banquetts anymore. Sigh. Will we ever see Pilar's and Margarita's tiaras again?:sad:

Its quite possible that we'll never see either Margarita & Pilar at a State Banquet at a Spanish tiara event unless they attend a foreign wedding.

Goodness knows what will happen to their jewels after both of the Infantas have left us,I doubt any of their daughters will have use or need of them!

Its quite possible that we'll never see either Margarita & Pilar at a State Banquet at a Spanish tiara event unless they attend a foreign wedding.

Goodness knows what will happen to their jewels after both of the Infantas have left us,I doubt any of their daughters will have use or need of them!

The last time Margarita and Pilar attended a State Banquet was at the State Visit from Portugal some years ago. perhaps if there is another one there will be a chance to see them there. But first there have to be incoming State Visits at all. The last one was in 2009 or 2010.

The last time Margarita and Pilar attended a State Banquet was at the State Visit from Portugal some years ago. perhaps if there is another one there will be a chance to see them there. But first there have to be incoming State Visits at all. The last one was in 2009 or 2010.

2011 State Visit from Chile was the last one.

I don't think we'll have any Spanish tiara events for sometime!

Its not been seen in years,I might be wrong but I thought it belonged to Princess Irene of Greece?

Thank you. :) So that makes two tiaras Princess Irene has we have not seen in years. I hope she leaves them to the Spanish Royals. They are beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom