Jewels worn by Members of the Spanish Royal Family 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if its true and if times are really that bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
ABC is a more reliable source for these topics. Most of the jewels of Queen Victoria Eugenia, were inherited by her two daughters, so probably the bracelet is sold by one of the cousins ​​of the King.

Subastan una joya millonaria de la Reina Victoria Eugenia - ABC.es

Don Juan got some jewelry from her mother, but those jewels are now owned by the King and are used by Queen Sofía. If the infantas Pilar and Margarita have some historical jewel are inheritance from their mother.

Oh, that bracelet is stunning! It appears to be precious conch pearls.........Very expensive. Oh I could not part with it, I'll skip meals....whatever....just kidding. I wish I could buy it!!!

It would be nice if this bracelet was to 'find its way' back into the Spanish royal jewel chest.

However given Spain's economic woe's I don't think its very likely at the moment.

If the bracelet goes up for auction is probably because the king did not want to buy it. Often family members offered the jewels to him before auction them. For example, the King bought his aunt Cartier tiara.

I am not a fan.

Yes I agree with you there,its design doesn't do it for me.I'm happy however that Elena retained the Marichalar tiara for her own use following her divorce.

:previous:
€2.71m = US$3.5m, Can$3.48m, GB£2.19m, AED 12.87m, AUS$3.35m, NZ$4.27m

The Sotheby's Director is quoted as saying either the Cartier bracelet is "the second most expensive in history" or it is "the second most expensive Cartier bracelet in history" [vagaries of the translator].
The sale price was more than double the pre-auction estimate of €620,000 - €1.08m.
Speculation is that the bracelet was sold by the King's older sister, the Infanta Pilar.

v the Cartier bracelet

Attachments

• Cartier Bracelet.jpg
    Cartier Bracelet.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
I've also read that it could have been one of the King's Italian cousins,possibly a descendant of his aunts Infantas Beatriz or Maria Cristina Countess of Marone.

The Sotheby's Director is quoted as saying either the Cartier bracelet is "the second most expensive in history" or it is "the second most expensive Cartier bracelet in history" [vagaries of the translator].
The second version is correct: the article says it's the second most expensive Cartier bracelet in history.
I have to say, if I had the kind of money, I would buy the bracelet in a blink; not only does it have an illustrious history, it's also just exquisite.

Last edited:
The second version is correct: the article says it's the second most expensive Cartier bracelet in history.
I have to say, if I had the kind of money, I would buy the bracelet in a blink; not only does it have an illustrious history, it's also just exquisite.

I know its historic but I don't care for that Cartier bracelet at all,I'd let you buy in a blink too :D

I know its historic but I don't care for that Cartier bracelet at all,I'd let you buy in a blink too :D
I'm mad about historical jewellery (and, surprisingly, completely indifferent to "ordinary" diamonds and whatnot) so how a jewel looks is kind of secondary to me. This said, I do like the bracelet on its own too - shame I won't have a chance to buy something like that in the next, say, 80 years. ;)

I was very suprised to see Infanta Cristina wear the Cartier Pearl and Diamond tiara at Victoria's wedding, as I always thought it was a tiara that is only worn by Queens. Maybe one day Elena will also wear it.

I was very suprised to see Infanta Cristina wear the Cartier Pearl and Diamond tiara at Victoria's wedding, as I always thought it was a tiara that is only worn by Queens. Maybe one day Elena will also wear it.

I was surprised too!

I believe Queen Sofia was going to wear it but had a headache and opted for the smaller Mellerio Shell Tiara.

The later mother of King Juan Carlos,HRH Princess María de las Mercedes de Borbón-Dos Sicilias,Dowager Countess of Barcelona used to wear a beautiful diamond triple fleur de lys brooch surmounted by a crown? I wonder what ever became of this brooch?

I am lucky she wore this grand tiara.
I wonder if we will see her wearing tiaras again ?
Will she attend alone State Visits or glittering Events abroad ?

I am lucky she wore this grand tiara.
I wonder if we will see her wearing tiaras again ?
Will she attend alone State Visits or glittering Events abroad ?

Are you referring to Her Majesty Queen Sofia?

No , I am referring to HRH Infanta Christina.

Oh right,I doubt we'll see Infanta Cristina in a tiara anytime soon,we might see the Queen and Princess if their invited to the Swedish Royal Wedding this summer.

The necklace and earrings Elena is wearing here are absolutely stunning!

Pic

The necklace would also looks beautiful as a tiara!

Yes the are,had never thought of that,wonder if it would work?

This is absolutely charming, reminds me so much the fairy tale princesess

That's a gorgeous necklace; those dangling stones look like a different gem such as ruby, emerald or sapphire. That would be a knockout tiara and those earrings are fabulous.

Of the 2 sisters,I think Infanta Elena has the more impressive jewel collection,not quite as much as her aunt Pilar (who inherited a lot of historic pieces).

Infanta Elena's engagement ring is very beautiful. I think it's a great size. Infanta Cristina's engagement ring is a nice one in general but it's very boring as an engagement ring.

Infanta Elena's is the nicer of the 2 rings,shame it won't be seen again,unless it passed onto one of her children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom