Jewels worn by Members of the Spanish Royal Family 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in a little hurry so I haven't been able to see them, thanks a lot Elsa, you're a doll!!;) ;) :D

Here you have it, Crisiñaki. ;)
The clock-bracelet is from Cartier and it was a birthday gift from her father, King Juan Carlos:

(Edited photo from Hola)

I knew I could count on you Elsa, thanks a lot!:)

Hey, is Cristina the only European princess (I know she's an Infanta but you get my point anyway:rolleyes: ) who has her ears pierced twice? I've seen two earrings in her left ear but I don't know about her right ear and you can see pictures of her wedding with a diamond earring on top of the "normal earring".

And about Josefine's question: my guess is that she started to wear a tiara when she became 18, received the order of Isabel the Catholic and began to do public acts, around 1983 I think because I've never seen pictures of her wearing a tiara before that;)

Miss Ally said:
Does she own her own Tiara? This is the same tiara Letizia wore at her wedding, isn't it?

That tiara you are all interested in is the one that the then Head of State, Franco, presented as a gift to Princess Sofia when she married Juan Carlos. It is indeed a very floral, elegant and easy to wear tiara :D :)

I am very interested in what Elena’s jewellery box look like
What I understand she used two tiaras one from her own family side and one from her husbands side, correct me if I am wrong.
She also I some fine earrings, but what about brooches and necklaces, this is one from getty images it looks like modern necklace when did she start to wear it

also this is from getty
i have not seen this necklace before where could it ve from is it from the royal voults

Last edited:
this pair of earrings look be great, is just peaty don't exist better pic of them!

she does not have much grand jewllery it seems i have tried to fins more photos. i hope that we will have some one that can give us some info on her jewllery box.
one more necklace

elenaspainfe6.jpg
photo from www.guide2womenleaders.com

Wow! This picture is great. Thank you Josefine!
I love the tiara and necklace is simply modern and nice!

Redferns said:
she's such an unattractive woman :eek:

I disagree. She is not classically pretty, it's true, but she has her own appeal. Sometimes I think she is quite fantastic, like the occasion in which she wore the pink Grecian style dress. I think she ought to try a few new hairstyles, though. I definitely don't like the braid.

Redferns said:
she's such an unattractive woman :eek:

Yes, you are right, she is not an attractive woman, but she is a nice and charming person. She is not a fairy tale princess but a down to earth person.

I agree, even though she's not attractive or classically beautiful but she has her own charm and inner beauty.

And it's not really right to call any unattractive - afterall, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

May be it's not the adecuate thread to speak about the jewels worn by the Infanta Elena, but because the situation of fact of her separation from the her husband the Duke of Lugo, what could happen whith the familly tiara worn by the Infanta Elena in the great receptions.

We can see that since her wedding Elena is wearing a familly tiara which belong to the Marichilar. As the Infanta is not divorced may be she can to go on to wear this tiare for the great events or as the Queen, the Princess of Asturias, the Infanta Cristina are doing with the six tiaras belonging to the Spain Royal Familly, they are using according the event and whom of them participe at this event.

Up to now, only the Queen is wearing the very regal tiaras - Fleur de Lys, tiara of Maria Mercedes de Orleans, tirara of the Queen Ena- more, none of the Infantas up to now neither the Princess of Asturias had wore the shell tiara. Only the flower tiara and the Queen Sofia wedding tiara were wore by the Princess of Asturias and the Infantas.

May be, with this change in the familly organisation of the Infanta Elena, we could see the Princess of Asturias wear the shell tiara which is a very precious one whithout to be so much regal. Who knows?

Last edited:
I was wonderring about Marichalar tiara too. Would she must have it get back? But their not divorce so she can still wear it... if she want.
That pitty that the SRF has only few tiaras which are worn by them over and over:
Mellerio shell tiara, Mellerio diamond floral tiara, Cartier diamond and pearl tiara, Ansorena Fleur-de-Lys tiara, Sofia's platinum tiara.
The Royal Scribe

Why they can't buy or order a new tiara? If they can buy (or maybe they borrow) a new necklaces or suites...

Last edited:
I have never submitted my opinion before - so here goes!

Whatever happens to the Marichilar tiara, perhaps Elena can borrow jewels from a fancy Spanish jeweler --- I believe this is done by Princess Caroline and absolutely certain that it was done by Princess Grace

I was wonderring about Marichalar tiara too. Would she must have it get back? But their not divorce so she can still wear it... if she want.
That pitty that the SRF has only few tiaras which are worn by them over and over:
Mellerio shell tiara, Mellerio diamond floral tiara, Cartier diamond and pearl tiara, Ansorena Fleur-de-Lys tiara, Sofia's platinum tiara.
The Royal Scribe

Why they can't buy or order a new tiara? If they can buy (or maybe they borrow) a new necklaces or suites...

You fotget one, the flower tiara wedding gift of Sofia and Juan Carlos, more the niarchos ruby which can be wear as a tiara.

But that we don't know is the number of jeweles very few worn by the Queen and the Infantas which don't belong to the historic ones and which can serve as tiara. I say that because we can see that for the last gala dinner, the Princess of Asturias wore a diamond and Ruby necklace of old facture that I don't see worn by the Queen and the Infantas before - but I'm not a great connoissor-

Last edited:
i guesss we can only wait and see
how often did she use the Marichalar tiara

Hey, is Cristina the only European princess (I know she's an Infanta but you get my point anyway:rolleyes: ) who has her ears pierced twice? I've seen two earrings in her left ear but I don't know about her right ear and you can see pictures of her wedding with a diamond earring on top of the "normal earring".

And about Josefine's question: my guess is that she started to wear a tiara when she became 18, received the order of Isabel the Catholic and began to do public acts, around 1983 I think because I've never seen pictures of her wearing a tiara before that;)

what tiara was she given then?

have she taken part of ant tiara events since the seperation?
if so what did she use

have she taken part of ant tiara events since the seperation?
if so what did she use

Don't think she attended a State Banquet since the separation. Sadly nowadays most of the times onl the King and Queen and the Prince and Princess of Asturias attend. Perhaps we will see atted at the upcoming State Visit from Russia as in 2006 also the Infantas attended.

Don't think she attended a State Banquet since the separation. Sadly nowadays most of the times onl the King and Queen and the Prince and Princess of Asturias attend. Perhaps we will see atted at the upcoming State Visit from Russia as in 2006 also the Infantas attended.

Elena did not attend the Russian State Dinner 08/02/2006, she only attended the lunch:
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/56787322/AFP
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/56783652/Getty-Images-Entertainment
The last two State Dinners Elena ( & Jaime) attended were on 25/09/2006 (Portugal)
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/casareal/1159439175857.jpg
and 14/11/2005 (China) - Letizia was missing at both due to pregnancy.
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/casareal/1135867603896.jpg

Since Elena's separation a lot has changed in the presentation of the SRF, both Infantas have faded into the background a bit on such high profile occasions in order not to present Elena as single on a silver tablet. The focus is now more or less on Kings & Princes and why not, don't think both Infantas will be unhappy with the situation, rather the opposite, they can get on with their lifes.

is ther other jewllery then the tiara that comes from Jaimes family.

Infanta Pilar and Margarita jewels

I would like to know something about Infanta Pilar and Infanta Margarita jewels. Especially tiaras. They haven't taken part in state galas since years so we are not able to see it. I know that they inherited some pieces from their mother Countess of Barcelona. For example Infanta Pilar had got Marie Christine big diamond pearl tiara which she gave back to King few years ago due to the fact that she has other, smaller tiaras and she doesn't have occasion to wear such impressive piece, which now is wearing by Queen Sofia.Maybe somebody knows what would happen with this jewellery after their death? Will it be back to the King or Infantas children will inherit all pieces.It would be nice to see photos.

I would like to know something about Infanta Pilar and Infanta Margarita jewels. Especially tiaras. They haven't taken part in state galas since years so we are not able to see it. I know that they inherited some pieces from their mother Countess of Barcelona. For example Infanta Pilar had got Marie Christine big diamond pearl tiara which she gave back to King few years ago due to the fact that she has other, smaller tiaras and she doesn't have occasion to wear such impressive piece, which now is wearing by Queen Sofia.Maybe somebody knows what would happen with this jewellery after their death? Will it be back to the King or Infantas children will inherit all pieces.It would be nice to see photos.

Andrew as far as I know both the Infanta's Pilar & Margarita own a tiara each,I have seen photo's of them wearing them .

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/rex74/DuchessofBadajoz.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/rex74/InfantaMargarita.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/rex74/Infanta.jpg

Perhaps the Infanta's will leave their jewels to the Spanish Royal Family & increase their collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom