Jewels worn by Members of the Spanish Royal Family 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly King Juan Carlos sidelined both of his sisters and they only attended the odd State Gala and as such we rarely got to see their historic jewels.

At last the attended some unlike now where neither Infanta Elena or Cristina have attended one since their brother became King. Of course in Cristina's case it is clear that she will not attend one because of the Noos-Scandal.

At last the attended some unlike now where neither Infanta Elena or Cristina have attended one since their brother became King. Of course in Cristina's case it is clear that she will not attend one because of the Noos-Scandal.

Such a shame that Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena are not invited to some and shake up the boring ever predictable Borbon line up of just Felipe/Letizia.

Such a shame that Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena are not invited to some and shake up the boring ever predictable Borbon line up of just Felipe/Letizia.

Specially Queen Sofia as she still has quiet an active role. And in NL Princess Beatrix also still attends State Dinners.

Specially Queen Sofia as she still has quiet an active role. And in NL Princess Beatrix also still attends State Dinners.

The king's mother too and has the best jewels too.

In a few years, Leonor and Infanta Sofia will start attending state dinners too, so there will be more diversity in the lineup. But Felipe is a frugal king and, unlike his father, I don't see him expanding the family's jewel chest. Letizia doesn't seem to care about new jewelry either, except for a few earrings maybe.

Ideally, Felipe should buy back some pieces from Infanta Pilar's estate. I am sure that her heirs would be open to selling the bigger items since they have no need for grand jewels and virtually no opportunity to wear them.

The late Infanta Pilar's children won't have any need for most of her historic jewels and hopefully will be bought back by the king if put up for sale.

Aquamarine Jewels

Very sad to read about Queen Ena's aquamarine jewels not being in the Spanish Royal Family. With her blue eyes Princess Leonor will look beautiful in aquamarines and it doesn't seem like there any in the chest.

Very sad to read about Queen Ena's aquamarine jewels not being in the Spanish Royal Family. With her blue eyes Princess Leonor will look beautiful in aquamarines and it doesn't seem like there any in the chest.

At least they are being worn by one of her descendants and not in a museum ,HRH Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg was last seen wearing them in 2012.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2014/10/queen-enas-aquamarines.html

The Aquamarine Tiara would really suit Letizia.

I would like King Felipe VI to buy the Tiara Infanta Pilar. It would be nice for the tiara to go back to the mainline.
https://c4.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G7f17ade9/22220777_Fv09U.jpeg

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...ar-tiara-incierto-futuro-zafiros-314_2413031/

There's no news to state that it has been put up for sale and I doubt any of the late Infanta's children will need a tiara.

It would be a wonderful starter tiara for Leonor or Sofia.

Doesn't Infanta Margarita also have a tiara?

It's time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom