Jewels of the Spanish Aristocracy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yago

City
san juan
Country
Puerto Rico
This is my first post but i had been a reader for several months and this site is fabulous.The Duchess of Alba, the woman with most titles of nobility than any other in the worls, had several reported jewels as the crown of Eugenia de Montijo,Empress Eugene of France...her great grand aunt; and a diamond bracelet she inherited from her godmother Queen Ena of Spain,..and many other apparently fabulous jewels.I tried several deep searches on the net but only references were founded, not any picture.Those anyone in the forums knows something about this or better, had any picture? Thanks a lot! Sorry for my language mistakes, im puerto rican and my native language is spanish.Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out this wedding thread in Old, New, Royal & Blue for some pics of the Alba wedding tiara.

is there a threath of the Duchess of Alba?? (if there is, can someone give me the link, I can't find it)

Tiara pic!

 Thanks to Elsa for posting this one today in the wedding thread mentioned below.
here is a cropped pic, © Cover.

The Alba Diamond & Pearl Wedding Tiara

AlbaWeddingTiara.jpg

looks even bigger when worn. THose pearls are huge!

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the pics..at least in my believe it is the Empress Eugene de Montijo tiara and the bracelet is the one from Queen Ena..looks gorgeous as a tiara! Thanks a lot..the House of Alba is very renowned in Spain and very rich indeed..they supposed to have several other historical and precious jewels! Lets see if someone find others..Thanks..:)

Tiara pics!

b&w Duchess of Alba pic: courtesy Corbis
Alba Wedding Tiara: courtesy Geoffrey Munn, 'Tiaras a History of Splendour'

Two Alba Tiaras

AlbaDuchessofAlbaTiara.jpg
. . . . .
AlbaDiamondPearlWeddingTiara.jpg

That tiaras are nice, but arent they too big?

mims111 said:
That tiaras are nice, but arent they too big?

yes, they are too big, and too busy.

By the way, the Duchess had to sell the russian tiara due to financial reasons.

Spanish Nobility and their jewels

I know Warren that the Alba Family is one of the best know noble families from Spain but what about the other? They (Spaniards) has more than one noble family with jewels, right?!

Ok. many jewels not only British and German or Russian are here
SCHMUCK - JUWELEN | Royal and Famous Jewelry Collectors| TIARA - Diadem

I can assure you that there are some magnificent pieces in the hands of members of the Spanish nobility. The only problem is that they wear them very seldom. Sometimes you can see the odd tiara at a wedding and always worn by the bride. As already mentioned, the best known jewels belong to the Duchess of Alba, the woman with the longest list of titles in the world.

Para Yago:
-Coteja toda la informacion sobre la Duquesa de Alba en la sección "News from the Spanish Nobility" en la parte de "Royal family of Spain" en The Royal Forums.

-Existen varios reportajes televisivos sobre la vida de la Duquesa de Alba que puedes ver aquí:

http://www.radiotelevisionandalucia.es/tvcarta/impe/web/contenido?id=3192

http://www.rtva.es/portal_rtva/web/noticia/id/94746/seccion/544/De_Lujo

-La revista Semana de Espana le dedica una edición especial a la vida de la Duquesa de Alba. Salió a la venta en Puerto Rico el pasado jueves dentro de la edición de la revista Semana de Espana. La consigues en la libreria Borders de Plaza Las Americas. También puedes verla integramente en esta pagina:

http://www.semana.es/Imagenes/pdf's/Especial%20Duquesa%20de%20Alba.pdf

-Existe un libro que contiene muchas fotos de sus joyas. Se llama:
"El album privado de Cayetana de Alba"
Autora: Concepcion Calleja
Belacqua editores

EL ALBUM PRIVADO DE CAYETANA DE ALBA: en su libreria Casa del Libro

-Otro lugar donde puedes encontrar información sobre las joyas y vida de la Duquesa de Alba:
Foros Realeza :: Debates sobre monarquía, nobleza, historia y política.

-Te cuento que la edición de Mayo de la revista espanola VOGUE-Espana trae un reportaje fantastico sobre la vida de la Duquesa de Alba. Me imagino que lo tendrá a la venta la libreria Borders de Plaza Las Américas en Junio. Puedes ver un adelanto en:
Vogue - Especial Doña Cayetana

-Tambien existen varios libros biograficos sobre la vida de la Duquesa de Alba. Sus autores son: Ismael Fuente, Tico Medina y Concepción Calleja. Los consigues en la pagina web de www.todocoleccion.net

la duquesa. mito y realidad de cayetana alba. fuente, ismael. 1990. temas de hoy | 18660356 | Libros de Lance - BiografÃ*as

cayetana de alba, pasión andaluza / concepción calleja | 18668570 | Libros de Lance - BiografÃ*as

cayetana. duquesa de alba. tico medina. edito dopesa. 1 edicion. 1972. | 10605165 | Libros de Lance - BiografÃ*as

Esta es la edición de Mayo de Vogue-Espana que trae el reportaje sobre la Duquesa de Alba:

Portada Vogue España mayo 2010 | Vogue

Last edited by a moderator:
Such great jewels Love them

Last edited:
"Pagina no encontrada" is for most of your links.:ermm:
I wonder if it's some kind of a joke :whistling:

Well the post is from a year ago so things could have changed since then, The Duchess of Alba owns many beautiful pieces, she owns three tiaras that we know of and a convertible bracelet, 2 diamond rivieres a few emerald necklaces, pearls and everything in between a collection worthy of a princess!

A few stunning pieces, most are not worn often are they?

Very rarely, for example at the dinner offered to the Prince of Wales in Spain the Duchess went very low key, no major jewels, although she could of easily outblinged Letizia and Camilla!

Very rarely, for example at the dinner offered to the Prince of Wales in Spain the Duchess went very low key, no major jewels, although she could of easily outblinged Letizia and Camilla!
Really beautiful jewels.

jonc93, it wouldn't take much to outbling Letizia these days, I did today going to work.....just kidding:lol:

Her wedding tiara is amazing, I love these huge pearls! :heart:

The Wedding Tiara Very Nice I Like It , always I Like The Diamond & Pearl Togather , Thanx IloveCP .

I actually love the emerald tiara! It has such a lovely retro feel, like the circlet tiaras often do!!!

I actually love the emerald tiara! It has such a lovely retro feel, like the circlet tiaras often do!!!

I love it too! And I adore the photo linked in post 21. There is something magical and haunting about that picture.

I hope that I did not overlook an existing thread, but I couldn't find a jewellery thread for the Spanish aristocrats, so I opened a new one.

The fact that there is now a new duke of Medinaceli, Marco of Hohenlohe-Langenburg y Medina, inspired me to look again into their family tiaras.

On the Foro Dinastias I found this picture of a bride with what looked like the tiara of the late Duchess of Medinaceli. http://postimg.org/image/97xy1sgif/

The text said, that it was Flavia of Hohenlohe y Medina, sister of Marco of Hohenlohe.

But I always thought that this was a wedding pic of Flavia: http://postimg.org/image/o6s0sdrgt/

Can anyone here identify these two ladies? Which one is the real Flavia? And might the other bride be Sandra Schmidt-Polex, ex-wife of the new duke of Medinaceli?

I hope that I did not overlook an existing thread, but I couldn't find a jewellery thread for the Spanish aristocrats, so I opened a new one.

The fact that there is now a new duke of Medinaceli, Marco of Hohenlohe-Langenburg y Medina, inspired me to look again into their family tiaras.

On the Foro Dinastias I found this picture of a bride with what looked like the tiara of the late Duchess of Medinaceli. http://postimg.org/image/97xy1sgif/

The text said, that it was Flavia of Hohenlohe y Medina, sister of Marco of Hohenlohe.

But I always thought that this was a wedding pic of Flavia: http://postimg.org/image/o6s0sdrgt/

Can anyone here identify these two ladies? Which one is the real Flavia? And might the other bride be Sandra Schmidt-Polex, ex-wife of the new duke of Medinaceli?

The late Duchess of Medinaceli wearing the same tiara as above.

http://www.arsmagazine.com/uploads/images//000/002/927/news_story_detail-Retrato%20Duquesa%20de%20Medinaceli.jpg

Back
Top Bottom