Jewels of the British Nobility 1: Ending Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a photo of Massin exhibition taken in 1878 with Princess Louise ,duchess of Fife diamond tiara on display .

Last edited:
Its a very regal looking tiara and I like its crown shape.

Yes this is a very beautiful tiara for it looks very delicate and feminine for a lady to wear. I like that large diamond in the center flower, that is gorgeous. And I hope we see it worn someday soon, at a state dinner perhaps.

Yes this is a very beautiful tiara for it looks very delicate and feminine for a lady to wear. I like that large diamond in the center flower, that is gorgeous. And I hope we see it worn someday soon, at a state dinner perhaps.
Has the Duke and Duchess of Bedford ever been to a state dinner? If not - maybe they should start attending ;)

One event we'd definitely see the tiara - at a Coronation

It is beautiful. Assuming that they are not shallow cut diamonds, the center hanging stone must be about 8 carets at least.

We saw some huge tiaras at their Weddings. But the English Nobility is not like before !
(Percy Weddings)

Absolutely lovely

That is breathtaking and when I first saw it, I thought at 1st it was the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara. Now I have 2 favorites and not sure which is first....

Wedding gifts to Nadedja Mountbatten (née de Torby)

Where could I find a list of the jewelry wedding gifts to Nadedja de Torby's wedding to George Mountbatten, 2nd Marquess of Milford Haven?

Aside from the three tiaras formally belonging to former Duchess Mary of Roxburghe, does the family have anything more in their vaults that you know of?

I have never seen a tiara on Lady Jane (first wife of the current duke) wear one, nor have I seen one on his current duchess.

I’ve seen his daughter Rose wear one on her wedding day, but it looked as though it was a loan from the Westminster’s (the Myrtle leaf).

Thanks!

The Blue Enamel Tiara must have been so very fragile. They were smart to sell it. Is it in the Japanese collection, or the Qatar one?

I imagine that the Faberge tiara is difficult to wear and delicate.

Somewhere there is a picture of the Clydomian (sp?) tiara on a lady for a Disney/princess photo shoot, but I can’t find it. I would assume that it wouldn’t take much to make it more wearable. It’s such a unique piece. I hope they continue to keep it.

The only picture I have seen of the Westminster clyndiamen tiara being worn. The thing is... she is lying down, so we don’t get a full view of what it really looks like.

I couldn’t find credits, as it is on Pinterest.IMG_0932.jpg

Why had these Noble Women great tiaras. Had they to wear them at he Court Events ?

Had they to wear them at he Court Events ?

Some of these Women were 'at Court' either in an official capacity ['in waiting' on the Queen or Princesses] or attended Balls at Buckingham Palace during 'the Season'.

Since Tiaras were also worn at Parties, Theatres, the Opera and at Dinners in London, and in the Country throughout the 19th Century and up to about 1950, married Women HAD to have one.

So it was considered essential by the aristocracy to have at least one, if not more..

Last edited:
Thanks for explanation Wyvedale. How all changed since then.
No Wedding from Royals to B. Nobility since Diana Spencer's disastrous Wedding.

Not a fan of that one.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom