Jewels of the British Nobility 1: Ending Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatler has released an article on the Valkyrie Tiara, which will be displayed at the Dundee's Victoria & Albert (V&A) Museum. The tiara was created in 1935 on the year of Mary Crewe-Milnes' marriage to the 9th Duke of Roxburghe. It consists of 2,500 cushion-shaped, single-cut, circular-cut and rose-cut diamonds, set in a gold and silver frame. The en-tremblant diamond wings were constructed using wire-coiled springs, making them slightly move when worn. The Valkyrie Tiara was inspired by the female figure of Norse myth.

Tiara of the Month: The Valkyrie Tiara, on display at the V&A Dundee from May
Inspired by the female figure of Norse myth, these elegant, winged-tiaras enjoyed a vogue in the late 19th century, with this example once owned by the first (and last) Marquess of Crewe
https://www.tatler.com/article/tiara-of-the-month-the-valkyrie-tiara

The BBC has previously released an article in 2017 ahead of Valkyrie Tiara's first display in public at the same Dundee's V&A Museum in 2018.

Cartier tiara to go on public display for first time at V&A Dundee
A diamond-winged Cartier tiara commissioned by the Duchess of Roxburghe will be displayed at Dundee's V&A Museum of Design next year.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotlan... the winged helmets,type ever made by Cartier.

This is the first time I saw the Valkyrie Tiara and it's definitely one of the most, if not the most unique tiara that I have ever seen.

Its certainly unique
;)

Probably you're right :( :previous:

Pity that the ruby kokoshnik isn't with the family anymore.

Well, I simply don't think that a Mountbatten would wear a fake tiara for her wedding...

I hope its not a fake tiara!

I hope it’s not a replica either, it would be such a shock seeing as her father has the finances to buy her a real Tiara and that is was a copy of a Tiara already in the royal family.

Hopefully we get more info on this Tiara she’s wearing soon!

Did anyone go to the Sotheby’s exhibit on tiaras in London this year? I went and I saw Queen Victoria’s emerald tiara, the Westminster Bagration, the Derby tiara, the Devonshire tiara, among others.

Some of the jewels of Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone

The Royal Watcher is doing great work ,how interesting are his articles and pictures.
Here the Duchess of Argyll , great pictures of an unsmiling Lady.
The Duchess wore great jewels , a great life , for ending in a nursy home.

The Royal Watcher is doing great work ,how interesting are his articles and pictures.
Here the Duchess of Argyll , great pictures of an unsmiling Lady.
The Duchess wore great jewels , a great life , for ending in a nursy home.

Thank You so much! So glad my work is being appreciated.

It's time to close this thread. You can find a new one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom