Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg Jewellery 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the members of the Lux GD Family wear a religious medallion. Shortly after her marriage to Prince Louis Tessy began wearing one as well. You can see it very clearly in photos taken of her last summer at the London Games.

As for Stephanie, she has worn hers even before she married into the family. She never, and I mean never, takes it off as you can see even on her wedding day.

I agree with USCTrojan and Baroness of Books...Team Extensions all the way!

Last edited:
Well, I do not know for sure but I believe that Stéphanie is a person with strong moral values and a religious upbringing,so I would not be surprised if she wears a religious jewellery. I got a little gold cross for my christening and later I got a necklace with a little image of Mother Mary, it has a similar shape like what HGD Stéphanie is wearing in the picture.
You can buy such necklaces in church shops or receive them as a gift from family members for events like christening/(first) confirmation/wedding etc. It is believed that wearing such images of saints are giving you strength and protection,but of course it has mainly symbolic meaning :)

April 29, 2013 - Stephanie wearing the wearing the Nassau Sapphire Tiara.

Picture

The spectacular diamond necklace Stephanie is wearing in that photograph is actually a de Lannoy piece. One of her sisters wore it to Stephanie's pre-wedding Gala dinner. There are also some earrings that go with it.

So Stephanie apparently has access not only to the Royal Nassau vaults, but her late mother the Comtesse de Lannoy had some very substantial jewels that Stephanie helps herself to from time to time.

Lucky, lucky girl! :whistling:

She looks beautiful! The extra jewel access, is such a plus! Yay!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The spectacular diamond necklace Stephanie is wearing in that photograph is actually a de Lannoy piece...
Lucky, lucky girl! :whistling:
lucky indeed! that's why i like seeing her in galas: she has so much to marvel us with! :)
how many tiaras are there in the de lannoy collection? it's nice she gets to use them as well, in combination with the already amazing tiaras of the luxembourgs. we can certainly expect to be dazzled in the next few years by stephanie...

Does somebody have a Close up of her with the Tiara? I really like it very much but are not yet decided, if it is a Piece for Stephanie.....

lucky indeed! that's why i like seeing her in galas: she has so much to marvel us with! :)
how many tiaras are there in the de lannoy collection? it's nice she gets to use them as well, in combination with the already amazing tiaras of the luxembourgs. we can certainly expect to be dazzled in the next few years by stephanie...

So far I have seen two de Lannoy tiaras...a pearl one worn by one of her cousins(Christine) when she married Count Limburg-Stirum in the 80's and of course the delicate diamond tiara Stephanie wore on her own wedding day.

The diamond necklace she is wearing in the photo above looks like it can also be converted to a tiara.

So far I have seen two de Lannoy tiaras...a pearl one worn by one of her cousins(Christine) when she married Count Limburg-Stirum in the 80's and of course the delicate diamond tiara Stephanie wore on her own wedding day.

Countess Christine wore the same wedding tiara as her cousin Stéphanie. Christine only pinned a large pearl in her hair, but that pearl is not part of the tiara.
http://s18.postimg.org/mo3qzsst5/Christine_Lannoy.jpg

Stéphanie’s sister-in-law Luisa wore a different diamond tiara at the Luxembourg pre-wedding. The origin of this tiara is unknown, butI would guess that it was a piece from Luisa’s family, as she is descended from Spanish aristocracy.

Okay, thank you Tilia C...I would never have guessed that Christine and Stephanie wore the same diadem, it looks completely different on the two of them.

Also thanks for the info on Luisa de Lannoy. It looks like all(or most) of Stephanie's siblings married nobility.

Stephanie had three tiara appearances of 2013:

1 2 3

Even though I do not like any of these tiaras, it's great that she's wearing different ones each time.

:previous: She didn't look to bad in '2' but that was probably because she had her hair in an updo that could carry it whereas the other two occasions she obviously did not have her air "dressed" for a tiara and they sort of squatted on her flattened hair.

Stephanie has shown she is willing to fully participate and it is just going to take a while to get into a 'tiara' frame of mind. I have no doubts whatsoever that she will eventually knock our socks off!

She is very nice on pics 1 & 3. I do not like the style 2, it is old, could be her mother in law..

I agree that she looks wonderful in the second picture. In the other two, I am afraid she does appear to be very much "Work in Progress"

None of them look mother-in-law to me. Please, someone, anyone, post a photo of what a stupendous "modern" tiara, demi-parure or parure looks like. This will be interesting.

I like her, she is doing great IMO. I would love to see some highlights in her hair, but that's just me!

I do not see any mother-in-law pictures here, as you say KittyAtlanta. I see a woman who looks her age, nearly 30. This is not "old", it is just mature. She looks healthy and beautiful and 29 years old.
For Stephanie looking young, i.e. like an ingenue, like a young girl, we have had pictures on RF of her when she was in her early 20's, and was a student. She looked quite different, like a sweet young thing.
Today, we figure we are supposed to "look" ten years or more younger than we are, or as people generally looked in years past at certain ages. But we are still those actual ages and time marches on.

I like her, she is doing great IMO. I would love to see some highlights in her hair, but that's just me!
No, I've always been dying for some highlights! At least she cut her hair!
The citrine tiara looks best becasue she has had her hair done. The others are plopped on flat hair and don't show off.

The citrine tiara looks best becasue she has had her hair done. The others are plopped on flat hair and don't show off.

I agree, the hair style has plenty to do with why she looked good in the citrine tiara.

At this year's National Day Gala HGD Stéphanie wore yet another tiara:
http://www.wort.lu/en/luxembourg/closing-of-national-day-celebrations-royal-reception-in-the-grand-ducal-palace-53a894f3b9b398870803bd0a

But is it the same small diamond tiara which Princess Alexandra wore at the pre-wedding of G & S? The photos are not clear enough to be sure, but it looks somehow different. There is a discussion here: Royal Jewels of the World Message Board

It's a new tiara featuring diamonds set in a butterfly motif.

Luxarazzi : Mystery Solved: A New Tiara for Stéphanie

It's very dainty and elegant. It reminds me of the Lannoy Tiara that she wore on her wedding day.

Oh is so good to see a tiara collection increased.

It looks quite delicate but really suits HGD Stéphanie and always good to see new royal jewels being worn and added to the collections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom