Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg Jewellery 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

She's also wearing the large Art Deco bow brooch from the GD collection for the first time :flowers:

Stephanie is wearing her butterfly tiara tonight:

I am a little bit puzzled - as all the GD ladies had quite substantial tiaras - whereas HGD Stephanie is just wearing this small butterfly piece... which is nice but somehow lost between the others.... :ermm:

Maybe, she wore this tiara because of the simplicity of her gown.

Lovely earrings! Stephanie is building up her own little collection quite nicely, with even her very own tiara to start with.

I think that maybe Stephanie wore the butterfly tiara for sentimental reasons, as it most likely was a very special gift to her. And she is the HGD, whatever her sisters-in-law wear won't change that. I think that she has the confidence to let the others shine as well.

i am not a fan of that butterfly tiara - it looks like it could have been taken out of a little girl's toy box. i would have preferred a more abstract design, or a simple geometric shape like most royal tiaras. do we know anything else about it? perhaps it was a wedding present by her in laws?

the earrings of the set, on the other hand, are very lovely.

I agree Carlota. This tiara is almost childish in its presentation. Way to whimisical for a HGD, IMO. Although I will say that I do prefer her in more airy tiaras, like the Vine tiara.

it's a new creation and i don't see any jewelry houses now that make substantial tiaras any more so we have accept that if it isn't a old piece or specially designed it will look childish

This one doesn't seem to be a hit for many, but I find this butterfly tiara is interesting. I actually find it unique, and rather understated for who Stephanie is, but it's pretty. I would love to see it on Alexandra, or Tessy too, but, because we are unsure of where it is from, I don't necessarily know if that would happen.

This one doesn't seem to be a hit for many, but I find this butterfly tiara is interesting. I actually find it unique, and rather understated for who Stephanie is, but it's pretty. I would love to see it on Alexandra, or Tessy too, but, because we are unsure of where it is from, I don't necessarily know if that would happen.
At the moment, I believe that the butterfly tiara is Stephanie's personal tiara. But who knows? Time will have to show, if it will be shared among the sisters-in-law or not.

The tiara is a bit too whimsical for my taste, but it is an interesting attempt to a contemporary tiara design.

it's a new creation and i don't see any jewelry houses now that make substantial tiaras any more so we have accept that if it isn't a old piece or specially designed it will look childish

i disagree. look at the tiaras worn by the younger members of the japanese royal family. they are all modern tiaras, yet their design is elegant, discrete and does not look childish. in europe, letizia's ansorena tiara or sofia's emerald tiara are examples of modern tiaras which don't look childish, whether you like them or not.

HGD Stephanie’s butterfly tiara is better than CP Victoria’s 18th birthday tiara. Both are tiny though. I wouldn’t compare the butterfly to Letizia’s Ansorena, Sofia’s Emerald, or the Japanese tiaras. Those are larger designs, contain bigger/better stones, and probably cost more than the butterfly.

After the uproar surrounding the sale of GD Josephine-Charlotte’s jewels years ago, I also wonder if this new tiara is meant to look childish/insignificant. Certainly no one will miss it if sold or gifted/inherited out of the GDF. However, I do like the earrings. The tiara may be better broken up and recreated as a thin diamond necklace or bracelet.

i disagree. look at the tiaras worn by the younger members of the japanese royal family. they are all modern tiaras, yet their design is elegant, discrete and does not look childish. in europe, letizia's ansorena tiara or sofia's emerald tiara are examples of modern tiaras which don't look childish, whether you like them or not.

Agreed (though not fond of Sofia's).:flowers:

There are also the tiaras made for Charlene. The one she has only worn as a necklace, the sea one, is beautiful, substantial and certainly not childish. Or we could hate to say it, but look at beauty pagent tiaras. They are made with real jewels, and some are positively stunning in design. I am sure Cartier or one of the other houses would make a tiara.

And if they don't want to dole out on jewels, do as they did with Mary's new one and convert an old piece into a tiara. Or even a few old ones. Margaret's one made for her wedding was broaches (the broaches have been worn since as detachable).

Or if they want a tiara for the collection, auctions always have ones. :)

you are right about the japanese modern tiaras and sofia's emerald tiara but not the ansorena one it so childish that a 5 years old could design it thought it looks ok when it's worn but i have seen fake bridal tiaras with more sophisticated designs than the ansorena one

:previous: I agree, it's exquisite. Very elegant and light.

I wish Stephanie would wear it more often.

Chunky and the bandeau needs to be tilted as Grand Duchesses J-C and MT wore it. However, I like the tiara better than the earrings and necklace.

Agreed mad incident. Shame it was designed in such a way it is hard to anchor, we saw the issue in her wedding:sad:

A very beautiful and elegant tiara!!

Stephanie's tiara appearances of 2016:

1 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom