Grand Duchess Maria Teresa Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic shot of MT in Sweden!:flowers: She looks regal without being stiff and the choker with the tiara is an especially nice style. Very fabulous!

M-T should stay away from the chokers; they don't do anything for her neck except to accentuate her weight. Leave the chokers for her daughter (with her lovely swan-like neck).

Long chandelier style earrings alone with the tiaras would be much better for M-T.

Just my two cents.

Cheers!

RMB

I have to agree, she shouldn't wear chokers. I have the same problem, I love them but they don't love me.

And I think MT's a lovely lady, regardless of her weight fluctuations, and usually a great dresser.

HGDH has AMAZING jewels, some of necklaces she wears...myself and Thomas Parkham just goggle over with envy.... And since her mother-in-law passed, she has access to the whole treasure chest of them..

HGDH has AMAZING jewels..
HRH. She's been an HRH since marrying Henri. The younger sisters of GD Charlotte were HGDHs, but by marrying Felix of Bourbon-Parma Charlotte's children were born Royal as opposed to Grand Ducal. There are certain advantages in marrying up, even for a reigning monarch. :D

The last of the Luxembourg Grand Ducal Highnesses was Hilda, who died in 1979.

Hi! I made a picture compilation of all the tiaras posted in this forum worn by Maria Teresa. Could anyone please help me in identifying their names....

1. Grand Duchess Charlotte's Diamond Tiara / Luxembourg Empire Diamond Tiara
2. Emerald art deco tiara
3. Grand Duchess Marie Adelaide's Tiara
4. ????
5. Grand Duchess Joséphine's diamond scroll-work tiara
6. ????
7. ????
8. ????
9. ????

Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken with the names I've posted.

Also the necklace on pic#6 is convertible to a tiara. I've seen a pic of Joséphine-Charlotte wearing it. Can anyone name it???

Has she worn other tiaras aside from the ones I've included above??

Thanks in advance....... :flowers:

Last edited:
I like the way GD Maria Theresa varies with her jewels, giving the impression of a much vaster collection, many jewels are worn as necklaces and vice versa, and even though not all are drop dead expensive, seh manages to carry them off graciously enough!:flowers:

I have seen the necklace and earrings before but not the tiara. I really love this set. The bow brooch...stunning!!! I'm not sure if I like the Duchess hair long and dark like that. I think she needs to keep it a little shorter with some highlights. I too have a round face and I think we need a little height to balance!! She does look beautiful though!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not keen on this tiara, it looks too small on her.

The tiara is nice actually, but since it looks so delicate it would suit a young woman better, I think it would have looked much better on Princess Alexandra for example. Nice to see that the Lux. RF is actually acquiring jewels these days, instead of trying to sell them like a two years ago ;).

I like this set, but I think that the tiara would have looked much nicer with her hair worn in an updo.

I love a nice turquoise parue--and I think that GDMT certainly looks nice in the stone, but I have to agree with sql--she needed to sweep that hair up and position the tiara a bit better. However, is nice to see a new tiara in a royal family. This doesn't seem to happen too often. I think it's a lovely piece, personally.

I like the parure...but I agree, cut the hair, layer it and highlight it like she had a few years ago. I know, I sound mean, but that chic hairstyle worked so well on her, with her tiaras too!

Wow! Thanks for the video link. MT is so beautiful and elegant. I have always loved her style, but the jewels........MAGNIFICENT!!:D

Forgive me as I'm just learning about this but where are all the jewels from Luxembourg from. I have been reading about JC and MT's relationship but I'm a little lost as to the origin of these jewels. Belgium? They really have quite a treasure trove. Does anyone know the" Luxembourg for dummies" version for someone just learning?

Last edited by a moderator:
A nice closeup picture of Maria Teresa and her jewelry at the Noordeinde Palace in The Hague, the Netherlands April 24, 2006.

Source: getty images

WOW!!! Those are Impressive. She should wear those more often... Like say if Victoria's wedding is a tiara event she should really wear that.

If you go to this site, click on Events, and click on 16-04-2010 Gala you will find some wonderful pics of her wearing the floral tiara, with a lovely brooch at the waist. She looks exceptional and I find her to be so elegant--she's a woman we can all relate to. I think she's one of the loveliest Royal ladies there is.

PPE Agency

GDuchess Teresa's jewels are some of my favorites, or do I say that about everyones!!

I really like this lady. She appears very down to earth. Her jewels are lovely. I can identify with her too, like her I have a rollercoaster weight problem. Like her I too have Latin blood and I also have mother in law problems.

All I can say about MT's jewelry is: WOW! Those emeralds are amazing! I can't wait to see what she'll dig out of her vaults for Victoria's wedding.

OT: is she wearing her wedding ring on her right finger? I noticed that she's wearing an emerald ring on her left finger, which I'm assuming is part of the emerald set she is wearing.

The Royal Family of Luxembourg has an amazing collection of jewels.

I personally hate it when MT wears the Imperial tiara, as magnificent as it is it just is wrong for her with her height and weight being as it is.

I never like this tiara it´s so big.

I think she also had some brooches or diamond hairclips at the back of her head. But all in all her look wasn't too successful. Somehow the proportions of the tiara didn't fit her hairstyle, her outfit, everything. Maybe this tiara is simply meant for a taller women. But MT seemed dwarfed by the jewel.

Wow, that's just way too big. Looks like part of a costume rather than like a priceless royal jewel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom