Grand Duchess Maria Teresa Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has such a great tiara collection, but repeats the same tiara within a couple of weeks. How boring! I had hoped for something different.

It seem's to ber her favourite since she has access to it. And this is one which she also does not share with her daughter-in-laws and daughter. Pity that she has that wave of hair before the tiara so that it is partly hidden from the front.

As much as I love the scroll tiara, I wish she wore something else, like the emerald tiara. I think it's been a long time since she last wore it. If I could take a guess, it would be since the 2011 Nobel prizes since she last wore that tiara.

It's a lovely tiara, but a bit over-used, imho. Afaik, it's the only tiara she has worn this year. The birthday bash in Norway, the SV from Portugal, and even last year's national day gala all saw the same tiara.

:previous: J-C's kids once planned to sell this piece????? I know they sold some of her jewels but sold this tiara????? I am glad that they haven't done it (and hopefully won't do it in future). It's my favourite tiara from Luxembourg.

The Luxemborg jewels are some of my favorite pieces. Beautiful collection. Always enjiy seeing them!

The Belgian Scroll tiara is my favourite piece from Luxembourg, it's a stunning tiara with a well-balanced design which probably will look good on everyone's head. It's the best one in Luxembourg's vault and I don't think MT has ever gone wrong with this piece. Did I mention that it's my favourite?

OTOH, the Empire tiara, although its design is very delicate (and these diamonds!), it's very difficult to be pulled off. Sometimes I find it's too big, I think it can be modified into a convertible tiara with two or three or even more different versions e.g. the base (as a bandeau), the full and smaller upper part, etc. but of course it's not easy to modify a historical piece like this one.

Her daughter in law just use it for the state dinner with Maxima and Williams, but without the pearls same tiara

Firstly I wish they would rename it and secondly redesign it as tiara with some spare diamonds or pearls from the vault!

I much prefer that one to their other amethyst tiara. More delicate and attractive IMO.

The other one was only seen 1 time when GD Maria Teresa wore it for a National Day Gala. Not again since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom