Grand Duchess Maria Teresa Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear it.
Better pic from CP Haakon's wedding
madhaterry
She wore it as choker but can't ind a picture now :bang:

:previous:Ugh! There's a hot link warning when you try to open the link, so I attached this one instead. Scroll halfway down to the Luxembourg entry and click on the last link for the pearl and diamond choker tiara. It gives two views of M-T wearing it:

Mad Hattery! » Tiara-Pedia

Love both tiaras. The emerald one would have benefited from an up do, I think. The giant red bow on the dress just tanked the whole outfit.

Me too! I love this tiara. IMO Grand Dutchess Josephine-Charlotte wore it best, with her broad forehead and the current hairstyle of the day. I like that GD Maria Teresa wears it on super-special occasions only!

M-T definitely needs the Swedish royal ladies' hairdresser for some regal tiara hair.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa yesterday evening for the first day of the Dutch state visit to Luxembourg. She wore one of her floral tiaras (I can't tell which one):
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

I love MT jewels, I am not getting which tiara this is either. Nice shade of blue though and I love that pearl brooch.

Looks like bigger floral tiara, she wears it at second tiara event during Danish Queen 70's birthday.

I had a look at the two loral tiaras, and I think it could be the one in picture number 3:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's Tiaras
I agree, it can only be no. 3.
M-T definitely needs the Swedish royal ladies' hairdresser for some regal tiara hair.
She read you!:flowers: Yesterday MT's tiara hair was great. Maybe a bit high in the front, hiding too much of the tiara. But from the side and the back she looked absolutely splendid.

MT is wearing some gorgeous diamond earrings at evening event on day 2 with a orchid color gown. Very pretty IMO>

I have mixed feelings about some of the Grand Ducal tiaras,I prefer the smaller understated one's.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa yesterday evening for the first day of the Dutch state visit to Luxembourg. She wore one of her floral tiaras (I can't tell which one):
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

I thought this looked nice. I specially liked her make up and the hairdo was quite nice as well. I love the pearl drop earrings. :)

I came across this photo of the Grand Duchess from the 2006 State Visit to the Netherlands and wondered what brooch she's wearing here. Any guesses?

Photo - Link

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

It could be part of an emerald set because this is what the central stone looks like. It is a very beautiful brooch for sure!

Even though she for sure has a hair stylist, I think it looks wrong when she blows her hair flat a bob length and puts the tiara on top of it, when she has layers ir slightly fluffy hair it is more dignified and attractive.

State Visit to Germany- Gala Dinner
Pearls and citrines bandeau, earrings and pendant.
Headpiece * Set

She wore the headpiece when she was Princess

Last edited:
I never thought citrines & pearls could be such a good combo but these pieces are indeed stunning! Thank you Salma! :flowers:

Maria Teresa was really lovely, and the citrine bandeau is simple but beautiful in my opinion

It could be part of an emerald set because this is what the central stone looks like. It is a very beautiful brooch for sure!
Yes, it might be an emerald, though I'm not 100% sure... It looks like HRH wore the emerald earrings at the event, yet the colour of the stone looks more bluish than greenish...

:previous:
In the thread about the 2006 State Visit to the Netherlands I saw some better photos from the concert and I'm now sure that this is an emerald. However, I still can't remember seeing it before or after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maria Teresa was really lovely, and the citrine bandeau is simple but beautiful in my opinion

I believe the tiara is made from topaz which is a higher-quality gemstone than citrine.

I believe the tiara is made from topaz which is a higher-quality gemstone than citrine.
I think we don't know for sure. They could be topazes or citrines, they are very similar.

Has Maria Teresa ever worn this tiara/necklace?
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Do you know if it's still in the family collection?
I think it looks better as a necklace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg Jewellery

222px-Greater_coat_of_arms_of_the_grand-duchy_of_Luxembourg.svg.png

Arms of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Welcome to Grand Duchess Stéphanie Jewels Thread, Part 2

Commencing January 1st, 2023

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

From what I can see, they're a nice size and color. They look squarish in shape. Lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom