Grand Duchess Maria Teresa Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wedding day of Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte was not a happy celebration.
Grand Duchess Charlotte did not want in the Church King Leopold III sitting next to his second wife. She asked next to Leopold III his mother HM Queen Elisabeth.
The worse , Princess Josephine Charlotte wore "verres de contact" I forgot the name in english. She cried during her wedding celebration and could not see anything
When she went out with her veil still before her face , she was as blind and her husband had problems to support her. (well seen on the little black and white picture where JC did not smile at all.)
The official picture was easy and she is smiling. Her veil was behind her face and as she received two tiaras from her countries she wore the second one (SG) .

:previous: She certainly does. My top three are 5, 3, 1.

The Luxembourg Empire Tiara is so majestic, however I think it does not suit Maria Teresa as well as some of the others, which is a pity. But I'm so glad she wears it anyway!

I cannot recall seeing her in a tiara as often as other royal woman. Are there many occasions that call for a tiara in Luxembourg?

Apart the gala on the occasion of the National Day (July 23rd each year) unfortunately no. She wears tiaras only during state visits and weddings (if dress code allows tiara- CP Victoria' wedding). Pity cause Lux tiara's collections is very nice.

And sadly we don't always get a picture of the gala on National Day...

God, I never realized how many tiaras MT has! :ohmy: They are a delight for the eyes! ;) I like the 3rd and 10th tiara a lot. The 4th one is interesting too.

:previous:
The apparent differentiation between the tiara elements may be a clue to it being the larger of the diamond floral tiaras.

The tiara very much reminds me of this one worn by grand duchess Hilda von Baden, née of Nassau. She had no children of her own, but I have no idea if she left jewellery to her Nassau relatives.
Großherzogin Hilda von Baden, née Princess of Luxembourg detint | Grand Ladies | gogm
Datei:Hilda von Nassau in Königstein.JPG

Could very well be. One of her other tiaras was worn by Princess Editha of Bavaria in the 1950's. Her moter Antonia was also one of Hilda's nieces.

Could very well be. One of her other tiaras was worn by Princess Editha of Bavaria in the 1950's. Her moter Antonia was also one of Hilda's nieces.
I haven't seen this tiara on another Baden lady. So it's quite possible that it went to her niece.

IDK, the color combination looks too Christmas-like to me and I'd have loved to see an updo with the tiara.

Gorgeous jewels and beautiful gown ... Just not together! She has magnificent diamonds which would have looked much better! Isn't the saying red and green should never be seen?!

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:Never heard that saying, but it's certainly true! I'm sure she had a diamond tiara or two she could have worn instead.;)

The colour combination worked well at the state visit to Portugal, honouring the national colours.
But here, with the light blue order, it's too much. The whole outfit seemed to be badly coordinated, imo.

Tilia C. said:
The colour combination worked well at the state visit to Portugal, honouring the national colours.
But here, with the light blue order, it's too much. The whole outfit seemed to be badly coordinated, imo.

The green of the emeralds actually clash with that shade of red!

I personally love green with red,even though it looks too christmas like.But I still love it!;)

Last edited:
I like dress and her jewels but not together. It's just doesn't look good IMO. This is one of my favorite lux tiara but need proper hairstyle to look nice. I remember that GD wore it at QMII's latest birthday events she looked much better, cause she paired it with neutral dress and even with similar hairstyle effect was better. Anyway kudos for making an effort. I hope for something nice today.

I also LOVE the green and red worn together! One of my fave tiaras!

Nice jewels but she needs a hairdresser who knows how to do tiara hair properly.

Thank you! :flowers: From what I can see, that's a lovely design and suits her so well. I love those pearl spikes.

I love that pearl tiara,so gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom