Grand Duchess Maria Teresa Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She definitely gets points for bringing out the major bling for the wedding, but the tiara doesn't look great on her today. I don't think that she should do away with wearing it completely. It suits her with the right hairstyle.

Beautiful tiara IMO, love all the work on it but it is a big too much.
The tiara wouldve worken perfectly if there was not much going on with the dress, you really dont know where to look. I like how the necklace was kept simple.

The tiara is stunning and it looks good on MT, IMO

I have to agree with the critics on the presentation at the Swedish wedding. I think MT is a beautiful woman. I also believe she is probably a very nice person based on what we have seen. But she makes unfortunate choices, particularly when she is carrying more weight. Maybe it looked better without the wrapped (which was really more like a chiffon cloak) tied all around her, but I doubt it.

As far as the tiara...I find it to be a clunky, overdone piece completely lacking in elegance...even when not worn. On previous Grand Duchesses, it has worked because they had slimmer figures, long necks and, even with Margaretha and Charlotte's shorter hairstyle, a body height that can match the height required for this piece.

Unfortunately, MT doesn't recognize that this piece may be the most important and most impressive of the Luxembourg collection but it is completely wrong for her in scale and size. She cannot change her height, the length of ner neck, and even if she lost weight to match any of the previous wearers, it would still look wrong because it would look like it is weighing her down.

As others have said, she probably chose to honor the occasion and Swedish house with the most impressive piece, but I believe her presence, in an appropriately proportioned tiara would have been a suitable tribute. Her personality and heart are as impressive...she doesn't need this much bling.

I like this tiara, is so regal, but not with this delicate dress and not with this hairstyle. Apart of the tiara, the rest of jewelery was great. It's Congo necklace?

The Imperial tiara may look magnificent and regal, but it looked a bit funny on M-T, if I may say so. I'm not too keen on this necklace, but I absolutely loved her earrings!

I don't think it's the tiara on her so much as it's a bad hairstyle for the tiara. Two pictures of her wearing it to a 2007 Belgium State Visit were posted earlier in this thread (page 3: link and link) and it appears she wore it then with some success. That being said the first picture posted here (page 2: link)of her wearing it thread was not that impressive. I think the hair (and probably the fussy dress) killed it. Considering her dress I think the Grand Duchess Marie Adelaide's Tiara would have been better.

I don't think it's the tiara on her so much as it's a bad hairstyle for the tiara. Two pictures of her wearing it to a 2007 Belgium State Visit were posted earlier in this thread (page 3: link and link) and it appears she wore it then with some success. That being said the first picture posted here (page 2: link)of her wearing it thread was not that impressive. I think the hair (and probably the fussy dress) killed it. Considering her dress I think the Grand Duchess Marie Adelaide's Tiara would have been better.

I have to agree with you. The hair made a huge difference. It just looked awful with that hairstyle. I almost seems like MT just didn't care and told the stylist to just put it on her head and be done with it.

Is it this a "real" parure or it was made from different matching pieces? I only ask because I have seen a picture of Queen Astrid where I believe she is wearing the necklace as a bracelet and if I am correct this would mean that it came with J-C to Luxembourg, right?

Original images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright

here are some of tiaras worn by the lux family there are a few missing

Attachments

• luxtiaras.jpg
    luxtiaras.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 1,242
Thank you for this it's lovely!
Does the Lux family still own 3rd from the left in the 3rd row and the 1st on the left in the 4th row? I don't think I've seen M-t wear them ?? :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
WONDERFUL collage! Thank you for sharing. This royal house has a very significant collection of jewels!

Thank you for this it's lovely!

Does the Lux family still own 3rd from the left in the 3rd row and the 1st on the left in the 4th row? I don't think I've seen M-t wear them ?? :flowers:

I do not know the answer to that question--but I do know that an auction was supposed to take place that contained many of the pieces that had belong to the late Grand Duchess--but they were all pulled at the last minute. I know that on other jewels boards that auctions are followed religiously and neither of these pieces have turned up yet (that I can recall--I may be wrong) so I don't believe they have left the family. There are a lot of jewels! It could easily be that JC's daughters inherited them, too--which would explain why we've not seen them. I believe both pieces are actually necklaces on a tiara frame so they are quite adaptable.

thank you:flowers: I guess the lux family inherited the major bling and JC's daughters got the lesser bling so to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the Lux family still own 3rd from the left in the 3rd row...? I don't think I've seen M-t wear them ??

It's widely accepted that the tiara Princess Tessy is wearing in this picture is the same as this tiara and, to prove it's still in the main line, Maria Teresa wore it last night for the gala banquet during the state visit to Portugal.

I had missed that tiara, I really love the Luxemborg jewels. Thanks for the pics!

It's indeed a pity that the Duchess of Braganca didn't wear a tiara. But MT surprised us by wearing the convertible emerald necklace/tiara of GD Josephine Charlotte for the first time.

I'm glad she's using more JC pieces, and expanding her jewelery collection, she has such a great Jewelery collection and since most of it's private I would say 2nd only to QEII, considering the Dutch & Swedish Jewels are no longer theirs so to say.

is there any jewllery that can be traced back to sweden? I mean worn by swedish royal ladies?

Yes: gran duchess Josephine Charlotte and María Teresa have worn a pearl brooch that belonged to princess Ingeborg of Sweeden.

Regards!

State Visit to Portugal:
pic

Did Maria Teresa ever wear her wedding tiara again after her wedding? If so, is there a picture?

Did Maria Teresa ever wear her wedding tiara again after her wedding? If so, is there a picture?
I think not.
If I remember well her wedding tiara is a necklace?

State Visit to Portugal:
pic

I love emeralds! This set is magnificent, particularly the necklace! MT has some really exceptional pieces of jewellery to show us. Too bad, we don't get to see her on official duties/visits that often! :flowers:

I love emeralds! This set is magnificent, particularly the necklace! MT has some really exceptional pieces of jewellery to show us. Too bad, we don't get to see her on official duties/visits that often! :flowers:
She has the necklace because finally they decided not sell it.

Maria Teresa´s floral tiara: pic

I really love MT's big tiara. I wish they had more official events to where she can use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom