Grand Duchess Maria Teresa Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she wore both amethyst tiaras only once, at least in public. It seems that only HGD Stephanie wore the amethyst bandeau more than once. And it's still a mystery to me that they own two so very similar amethyst bandeau's. Afaik, nothing is known about their origin.

I think she wore both amethyst tiaras only once, at least in public. It seems that only HGD Stephanie wore the amethyst bandeau more than once. And it's still a mystery to me that they own two so very similar amethyst bandeau's. Afaik, nothing is known about their origin.

I think she wore the amethyst bandeau with pearl between several times in her early years after her marriage if we include official pics. Not sure but i think als Princess Marie Astrid wore it more then one time but then we don't have to much pics.

The pictures of MT with the amethyst tiara that I have seen were all from the same official photo shoot as the pic posted above by Prisma. But maybe I missed pictures.

Btw, I agree that the bandeau with the oval stones and the pearls looks nicer than the version with the rectangular stones. The latter looks somehow naked, as if they forgot to fill the gaps.

There are several floral brooches in the collection and i guess it is one of them. The Grand Duchess has been wearing one of them at the State Visit to the Netherlands years ago for example.

There are several floral brooches in the collection and i guess it is one of them. The Grand Duchess has been wearing one of them at the State Visit to the Netherlands years ago for example.

They are stunning brooches. The Grand Duchess has a wonderful collection of jewels.

It's bizarre that the Luxembourg RF has a bigger jewellery collection than the Belgian RF does.

It's bizarre that the Luxembourg RF has a bigger jewellery collection than the Belgian RF does.

Some of the non reigning houses have a bigger jewel chest than the Belgians ;)

But quiet lot of them are bracelts converted into tiaras.

> The Lux RF do have a large collection, that they seem to have done well to preserve. Rumours persist of large collection of jewellery passed down from J-C having been quietly sold.

> The collection is certainly considerably larger than the Belgians, and possibly the NRF as well, and possibly comparable to that of the Spanish RF / Queen Sofia.

> Some of the items are certainly "challenged" from a design perspective, but I guess that is a subjective matter.

Maria Teresa's tiara appearance in 2022:

It's time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom