German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Princess Uta von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen,daughter in law of Princess Birgitta wore any tiara for the wedding?Her sister in law Princess Desiree wore pearl tiara...

I have only seen her pictures in the pre wedding gala,don't even know if she attended the actual wedding...
I too had hoped to see Princess Uta with a Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen tiara at the wedding, but she didn't wear a tiara.

here are pictures of the German guests that wore tiaras at CP's wedding:
Princess Birgitta's daughter Desiree von Bohlen und Halbach, nee Princess von Hohenzollern
Getty Images

Princess Ursula von Bayern with a a tiara that was never before seen and is clearly inspired by the Spencer tiara. I do believe it was a loan.
Getty Images

Princess Anna von Bayern, nee Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, with a tiara from her own family
Getty Images

Tiara of Countess Anna Elisabeth zu Stolberg-Wernigerode,born Countess von Schlitz:
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k126/auersperg21/Anna Stolberg_zpsqoqelazc.jpg
Thank you for the picture. The stones in this tiara are amazing. I wonder if they are sapphire and if the tiara can also be converted to a necklace.

Me and my wife we have been in Vienna in the 1990s. There is a place named "Kaiserresidenz" where you can see all the Austrian crown jewels.

Besides jewelry you find porcelain and other wonderful accessories of the Austrian empire.

I too had hoped to see Princess Uta with a Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen tiara at the wedding, but she didn't wear a tiara.

I haven't even seen her picture from the actual wedding,just from the pre-wedding gala :(

Did she wear any jewels?

Thank you for the picture. The stones in this tiara are amazing. I wonder if they are sapphire and if the tiara can also be converted to a necklace.

I just don't know about the stones,but I guess it's visible that it could be used as a tiara...just stunning jewels!

Princess Birgitta's daughter Desiree von Bohlen und Halbach, nee Princess von Hohenzollern
Getty Images

Getty Images didn't identify a woman with Princess Desiree and her husband...

Actually,it's Desiree's first cousin and also first cousin of the groom Baroness Sybilla von Dincklage wearing very impressive necklace...

I haven't even seen her picture from the actual wedding,just from the pre-wedding gala :(

Did she wear any jewels?
I have seen a picture of her, but now I can't find it again.:bang: Sorry! Iirc, her jewels weren't very striking.

Last edited by a moderator:
True,the King of Sweden is a childhood friend of Anna's father in law,Prince Leopold ;)

I guess the main reason for the wedding being held in Sweden is that the brides mother is swedish and that Anna spent parts of her childhood here.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

http://royaltravel.blogspot.de/2015/07/michael-chrstina-salem-04072015.html
Prince Michael of Baden has married Christina Höhne last Saturday, and the bride wore Baden Sunburst tiara. The same tiara was already worn as wedding tiara by the mother-in-law and the two sisters-in-law.

Here is a pic of Princess Theodora wearing the Baden sunburst tiara at the birthday of King Gustav V of Sweden:
View image: baden theodora star

And a wedding picture of Arch Duchess Valerie, mother of the groom:
http://postimg.org/image/dw7urp3ep/

Princess Stephanie Kaul on her wedding
http://postimg.org/image/r1ncxsxa9/

Great Thanks Tilia.
I saw the pictures some over dressed some under dressed. But great and royal wedding

Very disapointed by the Margravine of Baden , the mother of the groom , but a great Princess of Baviera.

Happy to see Princess Tatania of Greece, Marie Bonaparte's grand daughter.

The Princes of Jordan attend a lot of european royal weddings. Are they close to them ??

What i found interstuing is that at the Wedding Gala in Potsdam later the same year only Maergravine Valerie wore the sunburst tiara but Hereditary Princess Stephanioe wore no tiara.
I believe there is another tiara in the posession of Prince Ludwig. I have once seen a pic of Princess Marianne with another diamond tiara but it was from the 1970's. So no Idea if they still won it.
Did you mean the meander tiara of Grand Duchess Marie Luise?
Juwelen und Schmuck des Markgräflichen Hauses Baden

Seegerpress has two pics of Princess Marianne with it. The first one might be from their pre-wedding ball.
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/se...p=preview&ID=1396336240&string=marianne+baden
The second is dated by the agency as 1997. Which event could that be?
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/se...p=preview&ID=1076089046&string=marianne+baden

So there is a chance that the meander tiara is still in the family. Maybe it will be seen at the weddings of the children of Prince Ludwig and Princess Marianne?

https://royaltravel.blogspot.de/2015/07/michael-chrstina-salem-04072015.html
Prince Michael of Baden has married Christina Höhne last Saturday, and the bride wore Baden Sunburst tiara. The same tiara was already worn as wedding tiara by the mother-in-law and the two sisters-in-law.

Here is a pic of Princess Theodora wearing the Baden sunburst tiara at the birthday of King Gustav V of Sweden:
View image: baden theodora star

And a wedding picture of Arch Duchess Valerie, mother of the groom:
https://postimg.org/image/dw7urp3ep/

Princess Stephanie Kaul on her wedding
https://postimg.org/image/r1ncxsxa9/

This Baden Sunburst tiara is beautiful but the following occurs to me.
When i see the Archduchess Valerie is so beautiful but when i see the Princess Stephanie did not like it at all.
Maybe it has to do with the hairstyle i think.

:previous: Maybe this tiara needs more volume in the hairstyle than what Princess Stephanie wears. Without a backdrop of hair the sunbursts tend to look like a collection of disconnected elements.

I found a wedding pic of Princess Marie-Louise who married Dudley Baker in 1999. She is the eldest daughter of Margrave Maximilian and AD Valerie. She also has a bit of volum in her hair, but the pic is not very clear.
View image: baden marie luise

Maybe that is. And to Marie-Louise seems more nice with a little bit of volume in her hair. Some tiaras need that.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Maybe this tiara needs more volume in the hairstyle than what Princess Stephanie wears. Without a backdrop of hair the sunbursts tend to look like a collection of disconnected elements.

I found a wedding pic of Princess Marie-Louise who married Dudley Baker in 1999. She is the eldest daughter of Margrave Maximilian and AD Valerie. She also has a bit of volum in her hair, but the pic is not very clear.

I agree.
How many tiaras has AD Valerie (a ruby one and ..)

I agree.
How many tiaras has AD Valerie (a ruby one and ..)
I think she has only these two tiaras. At least I have never seen her with another one. Her sister-in-law has another family tiara (the meander tiara from my post above).

There used to be a bif floral tiara, which was seen worn by Grand Duchess Luise (mother of Queen Victoria of Sweden).

copyright expired

I believe that this tiara is the same as worn by Princess Theodora at the coronation of QEII.
View image: baden floral theodora

It seems that this one is no longer in the family. At least it hasn't been see for a terribly long time.

I am a bit lost !
Margrave Ludwig and Marianne of Baden have the meander tiara
Margrave Max and Valerie have two tiaras , the Sunburst tiara , traditional wedding tiara and a laurel wreath tiara with Rubies from Princess Theodora.
Theodora's tiara She wore at QII Coronation seems bigger.
Thanks for help MO

Yes, Theodora's tiara from the coronation seems bigger than the ruby laurel wreath tiara. I believe that it is a fourth tiara, the same as GD Louise wears in the portrait above. Only that this one seems to have left the family.

I am busy in my files..
AD Valerie has 12 siblings . She is the daughter of AD Henry Salvator and Princess Rose Mary Salm Salm.

I found an old picture of AD Valerie wearing the Sunburst tiara sitting and speaking to her mother who wears a great parure (wedding present from Emperor FJ to his daughter .

Do you have more informations about the Salm Salm tiara or was this already discussed before ??

Arch Duchess Rosemarie, nee Princess zu Salm-Salm, used to wear this beautiful pink topaz parure. I have read that people attributed this tiara to Empress Marie Louise of France, but I think that the comparison picture shows that they do not match. It is new to me that it was a wedding present from emperor FJ. I believe the tiara has been sold because it hasn't been seen for decades:sad:.
View image: salm salm topaz
View image: pink topaz

Tilia a question. All the ex german royals you know if steel have the tiaras? Or just keep some one.

I also think it looked much better on Princess Christina, Princess Marie Louise and Margravine Valerie then on Hereditary Stephanie.
Not only that Stephanie wears it on a flat hairdo it also think it needs to be worn a bit laying back and not straight upright then she wears it.

Last edited:
Yes, Theodora's tiara from the coronation seems bigger than the ruby laurel wreath tiara. I believe that it is a fourth tiara, the same as GD Louise wears in the portrait above. Only that this one seems to have left the family.
Probably sold. The Family had sol a lot of things among others in the 1990's the entire Interieur of the New Castle in Baden-Baden was sold at a sothebys auction.

Tilia a question. All the ex german royals you know if steel have the tiaras? Or just keep some one.
Eya, that depends on the families. Many German noble and royal families had to sell a lot of their possesions. Some families have no more tiara left, others managed to keep one tiara. And there are a some, like the main branch of the Württembergs, who still have an amazing collection.

I also think it looked much better on Princess Christina, Princess Marie Louise and Margravine Valerie then on Hereditary Stephanie.
Not only that Stephanie wears it on a flat hairdo it also think it needs to be worn a bit laying back and not straight upright then she wears it.
You are right, this might be one of the w tiaras that looks better lying flat than being placed upright.

I would like to see the ruby tiara more often. Imo it is more beautiful than the sunburst. But for weddings I prefer 'white' tiaras, and the Badens seem to think the same.

Last edited:
I would like to see the ruby tiara more often. Imo it is more beautiful than the sunburst. But for weddings I prefer 'white' tiaras, and the Badens seem to think the same.

Yes ist is strange that we don't see the ruby tiara more often. Or it are occasions when there are no pics. But what was strange that at the prussian Wedding Ball in 2011 the Hereditary Princess wore no tiara at all.

Eya, that depends on the families. Many German noble and royal families had to sell a lot of their possesions. Some families have no more tiara left, others managed to keep one tiara. And there are a some, like the main branch of the Württembergs, who still have an amazing collection.

Also the Bavarian's have quiet an number of tiara who still belong to the Family. The same for the Hannover's.

I never knew how Princess Caroline wore two diferent Hannover tiaras , unseen since years for the Crown Prince of Denmark's wedding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom