Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ring is not big enough to be the aquamarine IMO ...looks to be on her pinky as well.

LaRae

I think you are right, looks too small to be the aquamarine ring.

I think you are right, looks too small to be the aquamarine ring.

Perhaps a gift from Harry or something she had prior to meeting Harry. ...although I lean to a gift from Harry since she never wore much jewelry before him..or at least in the pics I’ve seen she didn’t.

I agree the ring in the picture isn't big enough to be Diana's ring

No, it looks like a dress ring.. but NOT bashing Meghan here, I though that that acquamarine ring of Di's was a bit big for her style. however I suppose Harry wanted her to have a special ring of Diana's and wear it sometimes.,

I agree with everyone else, Diana's aquamarine ring was much bigger and perhaps far too big to be a pinkie-ring even if the band were adjusted.

I think the fact that the aquamarine ring is of a very simple design suits Meghan's style itself, but I agree it's size is not something she would normally choose generally.

I think the ring does suit Meghan (it looked fab on her) but something like that is for glamour/party settings IMO,. ...and the watch: there are pics out showing Meghan wearing the watch as early as 2012 so it seems it was wrongly identified as being Dianas.

LaRae

I think the ring does suit Meghan (it looked fab on her) but something like that is for glamour/party settings IMO,. ...and the watch: there are pics out showing Meghan wearing the watch as early as 2012 so it seems it was wrongly identified as being Dianas.

LaRae

A Cartier Tank watch lovely as it is, is not the most uncommon sight amongst those that can afford it, several people close to me have similar watches.

It would not surprise me to know that Meghan could well have been wearing her own watch as opposed to Diana's. Camilla has a similar watch, albeit one with a leather strap.

A Cartier Tank watch lovely as it is, is not the most uncommon sight amongst those that can afford it, several people close to me have similar watches.

It would not surprise me to know that Meghan could well have been wearing her own watch as opposed to Diana's. Camilla has a similar watch, albeit one with a leather strap.

Something else too...the watch shown on Diana (said to be worn by Meghan) was gold (although IIRC she had multiple Cartier watches) and the one Meghan is wearing appears to be silver/platinum toned.

LaRae

Something else too...the watch shown on Diana (said to be worn by Meghan) was gold (although IIRC she had multiple Cartier watches) and the one Meghan is wearing appears to be silver/platinum toned.

LaRae

Given that the recently released picture of Meghan or Meghan & Harry is black and white, I would not hazard a guess as to whether the watch is in yellow gold, or white and yellow gold.

Meghan has a Cartier Tank in steel and gold that she purchased for herself after Suits was renewed for A 3rd. season.She’s also been wearing a gold Cartier Tank watch that could be Diana’s. She’s worn it for her last few appearances. I agree the ring looks a little small to be the aquamarine.

I went and looked at Dianas watch band, to me it does look a little different than the one Meghan is wearing but I would need better pics to see for sure.

LaRae

Does anyone have a good picture of the engagement ring after Megan changed the style? I know we have the original picture posted when the engagement was announced.mi jus wanted to see the before and after. Thanks.

Here's an article with larger close-ups of Meghan's redesigned engagement ring band (and a before pic). She's also shown wearing the eternity ring with the wedding band. Apparently, Harry had the engagement band redesigned because the Welsh gold wedding band was enough of a heavy gold band that the similar heavy gold band on the engagement ring was a bit too much in terms of aesthetics as well as heaviness on Meghan's finger. Or else, it was just preference since Meghan appears to like delicate, minimalist jewelry:

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...han-markle-redesigned-engagement-ring-photos/

ETA:
I think the diamond band for the wedding ring matches the ring better than the gold band. However, the diamond band seems a bit too thin for the size of the three stones that make up the ring. The eternity ring and the Welsh gold wedding band look great together.

Another great piece of jewelry is the Cartier love bracelet with chastity lock that Harry gave to Meghan. Here's more information on the bracelet's genesis and design, plus a close-up view:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_bracelet_(Cartier)

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/10/17/04/34493112-8849757-image-a-25_1602903661692.jpg

Wiki provides fascinating background on when the bracelet was made; how it's a popular seller; the fact that security at airports say it's the most problematic item because it needs to be removed to go through security gates, and a tool is needed to unlock the bracelets, which owners may not have with them. In fact, as Wiki indicates, the unlocking screwdriver is often placed on a necklace and worn around the neck of the owner's lover or significant other. :lol:

It's perhaps best not to wear such a bracelet when you are traveling via commercial air flights!

Etsy sells replicas of so many of Meghan's Harry-gifted jewelry...

Last edited:
Thanks dbarn67 and Maiamia 53 for the picutres of the rings. Not to great a difference to me. The new design is thinner. I guess looking in person at it, you could see a real change but it is simple and pretty no matter what.

Just a note about Meghan's watch. This is a photo of a watch she owned before she even met Harry. She has always preferred the golden colour as opposed to silver. meghan watch.jpg

I apologize. I grabbed the wrong photo. It is a very close up one of Diana's then. Here is Meghan's. She clearly had the silver /rose Tank watch. If she has one unseen before in gold it may well be Diana's

Attachments

• Meghan-Marklewatch.png
    Meghan-Marklewatch.png
    93 KB · Views: 534
During the recent Spotify promotional video, to complement her gorgeous Oscar de la Renta lemon-print dress, Meghan wore a pale ruby ring by Ecksand (a Canadian ethically-made jewelry brand). This is a ring Meghan has previously worn on other occasions.

Here's close-up detail of the beautiful ring. Seemingly, this version of the ring isn't available. There does appear to be a similar version currently featured on Ecksand's website. The company released a statement about the ring when they realized Meghan wore it during the Spotify clip:

Ecksand Cirque Ruby Ring - Meghan's Mirror

https://www.ecksand.com/en/ruby-cocktail-ring

Thanks for posting this. The ring is absolutely stunning. I love the colour and that it is ethically made. I only wear White gold jewellery myself, but given the opportunity could certainly change my mind about this.

Yes, the ring Meghan wore during the Spotify appearance is quite lovely. I hadn't taken note of it when she wore it on previous occasions.

Apparently, the pale ruby Cirque ring is no longer available. The ring I linked from the Ecksand website is a darker ruby color, shaped differently, and encased by a gold band instead of the sparkly diamond band.

Some observers have enthusiastically speculated that the pale ruby color of Meghan's ring may signify that she's expecting a girl, which is rather fanciful/ wishful thinking. LOL

Last edited:
An odd title for the post. Jewels to me are -jewels. Like the crown jewels. Tiaras, centuries old necklaces. Meghan doesn't have access to any of that anymore. She has jewelry. Pretty but what anyone could buy or own.

An odd title for the post. Jewels to me are -jewels. Like the crown jewels. Tiaras, centuries old necklaces. Meghan doesn't have access to any of that anymore. She has jewelry. Pretty but what anyone could buy or own.
Presumably she can afford more expensive jewellery than most of us....

She will have access to whatever Harry inherited from his mother too. She doesn't seem to be much for jewelry though so we may never see much.

LaRae

She will have access to whatever Harry inherited from his mother too. She doesn't seem to be much for jewelry though so we may never see much.

LaRae
Nor does she seem to favor the materials, gems and the size of the pieces that Diana preferred. However both women do seem to have a shared love of yellow gold jewelry for their daytime and more casual appearances.

Meghan's often worn smaller, daintier pieces which is a contrast from what I recall makes up much of her late mother-in-law's personal jewelry.

Yeah its not the right era for big jewels. I tend to like the smaller pieces too...but for galas etc like to see the bigger pieces come out.

Presumably she can afford more expensive jewellery than most of us....

I'm not saying she doesn't have nice jewelry or it doesn't deserve a spot. But she's not going to borrow a centuries old tiara in the near future. Those are jewels.

I'm not saying she doesn't have nice jewelry or it doesn't deserve a spot. But she's not going to borrow a centuries old tiara in the near future. Those are jewels.

There are likely to be a couple occasions in the future where she might be in a tiara.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom