The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-20-2018, 11:21 AM
Courtier

That's gorgeous! Glad they went into the vaults to bring this out. Fifty years!

Old 05-20-2018, 11:23 AM
Courtier

I am trying to find a good picture of Meghan wearing actually the Cartier bracelet - not only the ad on the homepage. Does somebody have a close-up picture?? thanks!

Old 05-20-2018, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/j...racelet-queen/

https://www.elle.com/fashion/celebri...ings-necklace/

3rd pic down

LaRae
Old 05-20-2018, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Folks, remember we talked to much about this tiara and wondered if it still existed?
Bejeweled Close-Ups: Meghan's Wedding Tiara | The Court Jeweller

My Lord, take some more closeups of this beauty! Loved the fact that Meghan and The Queen reached into the vault and dusted this jewel off.

Iím telling there are stuff in those vaults we havenít seen before and havenít seen in decades.
And I'm hoping that we'll see more of it soon!

Those closeups show that neither the diamonds in the brooch nor the tiara are modern round brilliants; they both look like old cut diamonds to me. The facet patterns are very distinctive. In another thread someone said that they didn't like the tiara because the diamonds in the brooch looked too different from the ones in the tiara, and there was speculation from me that perhaps that was partly because since they were made at different times, the diamonds might have different cuts. That is clearly not the case.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:18 PM
Royal Highness

Iím curious to find out if the new Duchess received more jewelry from the Reflections de Cartier line and if the jewelry of Diana was split up between her sons or if we will see her daughters-in-law sharing her pieces.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Iím curious to find out if the new Duchess received more jewelry from the Reflections de Cartier line and if the jewelry of Diana was split up between her sons or if we will see her daughters-in-law sharing her pieces.
As regards splitting Diana 's jewels, I think time will tell, but personally, I would be surprised to see it being shared on an ongoing basis.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I would be surprised to see it being shared on an ongoing basis.
So would I.. they may 'live next door' to one another, but it'd be more practical to divide it between them..
i'd prefer the Duchess of Cambridge to get the staggeringly lovely Sapphire Choker [it being more 'historical' in style], whilst the Duchess of Sussex gets the Aquamarines and the more contemporary 'Arab' sapphire suites, the wrist watch etc.etc. These seem better suited to the lady's style..

But we shall see..
Old 05-20-2018, 02:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
So would I.. they may 'live next door' to one another, but it'd be more practical to divide it between them..
i'd prefer the Duchess of Cambridge to get the staggeringly lovely Sapphire Choker [it being more 'historical' in style], whilst the Duchess of Sussex gets the Aquamarines and the more contemporary 'Arab' sapphire suites, the wrist watch etc.etc. These seem better suited to the lady's style..

But we shall see..
I definitely agree. However I think some of the jewelry will also be saved for the (future) grandkids, especially since not every piece of jewelry will fit Meghan or Catherine's style.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Can't see the diamond bracelet. Perhaps she is a Chanel fan.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
And I'm hoping that we'll see more of it soon!

Those closeups show that neither the diamonds in the brooch nor the tiara are modern round brilliants; they both look like old cut diamonds to me. The facet patterns are very distinctive. In another thread someone said that they didn't like the tiara because the diamonds in the brooch looked too different from the ones in the tiara, and there was speculation from me that perhaps that was partly because since they were made at different times, the diamonds might have different cuts. That is clearly not the case.
I noticed that it was specified as a Loan from HM on the BRF website.
Quote:

But we shall see..
Old 05-20-2018, 03:58 PM
Courtier

I'm looking forward to see more jewelry from Diana come back to light, too. The way I see it happening is Catherine will get the sapphires and Meghan will get the emeralds and other colored stones. I think emeralds would suit Meghan.

There are a few pieces of emerald jewelry that were Diana's personal property, including an art deco bracelet with diamonds and emeralds that was one of Charles' wedding presents to her: http://www.dianasjewels.net/Bracelet...330068-021.jpg

I believe there was an emerald necklace that Diana only wore once, which had a very 'Saudi gift' feel to it if you know what I mean. This one: http://www.dianasjewels.net/Earrings...-Necklace1.jpg

If this unknown emerald necklace was a gift it should also be available, as well as a modern (?) cabochon emerald and diamond ring that Diana wore a few times.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I’m curious to find out if the new Duchess received more jewelry from the Reflections de Cartier line and if the jewelry of Diana was split up between her sons or if we will see her daughters-in-law sharing her pieces.
I was just sitting here wondering how they divided up her jewelry. I am speculating that they probably made the decision of how it would be divided when William and Kate got married. I just want one of them to please wear that gorgeous multi-strand pearl sapphire pendant choker of Diana's soon. It is too stunning to just sit in a jewelry box somewhere.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l...VyW1qidgdg.jpg
I prefer for Kate to wear it because it seems more her style, but there are some other stunning sapphire pieces of Diana's that are a little more modern that would look great on Meghan.
I am thinking this would look great on Meghan: http://www.dianasjewels.net/Necklace...307799-001.jpg
Old 05-20-2018, 05:01 PM
Nobility

Just wondering if anyone else thinks the earrings Meghan wore to the wedding match the necklace Meghan's mom was wearing?
Old 05-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I was just sitting here wondering how they divided up her jewelry. I am speculating that they probably made the decision of how it would be divided when William and Kate got married. I just want one of them to please wear that gorgeous multi-strand pearl sapphire pendant choker of Diana's soon. It is too stunning to just sit in a jewelry box somewhere.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l...VyW1qidgdg.jpg
I prefer for Kate to wear it because it seems more her style, but there are some other stunning sapphire pieces of Diana's that are a little more modern that would look great on Meghan.
I am thinking this would look great on Meghan: http://www.dianasjewels.net/Necklace...307799-001.jpg

That is so beautiful and Thank You for sharing it, I have never seen that before and it is so gorgeous. That would look so nice on Meghan yet not sure how she would wear it....maybe more links to make it a bit longer around the neck...
Old 05-20-2018, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Meghan will get the emeralds
It makes sense for the Duchess of Sussex to have whatever Emeralds [and other coloured stones] in the collection of the late Princess, as [ultimately] the Duchess of Cambridge will have the use of MASSES of emerald Jewellery , when she becomes Queen.
But there is no need to be quite so purist about the division- surely some of the more modern set Sapphires would be welcome for the new Duchess ?
Old 05-20-2018, 05:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
It makes sense for the Duchess of Sussex to have whatever Emeralds [and other coloured stones] in the collection of the late Princess, as [ultimately] the Duchess of Cambridge will have the use of MASSES of emerald Jewellery , when she becomes Queen.
But there is no need to be quite so purist about the division- surely some of the more modern set Sapphires would be welcome for the new Duchess ?
That did sound rather cut and dried, sorry about the tone, it wasn't meant to sound that way. There will be lots of overlap, there are sentiments involved, personal preferences, etc. of course.

I actually think the multi-strand pearl necklace with the huge sapphire brooch from QEQM would look amazing on Meghan, but that will probably stay with Kate. There are definitely some of the Saudi sapphires that would be easy for Meghan to wear whereas they might not work so well on Kate. Time will tell.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm a bit late on everything since I was out of town this weekend. But did Meghan bring her jewel game this week or what????? I'm sooooo excited about the new Duchess' jewel game in the future based on what we saw yesterday and even the Birks earring the day before the wedding!
Old 05-20-2018, 08:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I'm a bit late on everything since I was out of town this weekend. But did Meghan bring her jewel game this week or what????? I'm sooooo excited about the new Duchess' jewel game in the future based on what we saw yesterday and even the Birks earring the day before the wedding!
Yep. She showed up and showed out. I have to say I like her minimalist take on jewellery, however I think Meghan knows when to bring it. The bracelet with the studs was perfect Meghan. The chandeliers with the cocktail ring, another perfect approach.

She doesn't seem like the type that would over-do it, but balance is key for her. One large piece, with smaller pieces to match.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I’m curious to find out if the new Duchess received more jewelry from the Reflections de Cartier line and if the jewelry of Diana was split up between her sons or if we will see her daughters-in-law sharing her pieces.

My guess is that the jewelry was divided between the boys. There is already the story that Harry had picked Diana's engagement ring and William her Cartier watch (but then, obviously, the ring given to Will for Kate), so I would assume that they also divided up or each picked from her other jewels. I don't think they would share - seems like that could get complicated (who gets to wear what for a specific event they are both attending?!) - plus the BRF don't seem to share jewels like the Swedish, e.g., do.

I was reading an article today that said Diana had said that she wished her jewels to be divided between the boys for use by their future wives. So, IMO, I don't jewels would be held back for grandchildren, as someone else mentioned. I think they will be used by Kate and Meghan. I think the Cambridges or Sussexes may then decide to bequeath some from their division to their own children, but I don't think they will be just putting them away in a vault for 20-30 years. I mean, they are all so gorgeous, why sit on them for decades?!

IMO, Kate should get all of the sapphire jewels, since she has the sapphire engagement ring and appears to favor blue/blue jewels. I also think she is so associated with sapphires, that - if it were me - I'd be happy to let that her "her stone" and I'd just choose something else. There is already going to be so much comparison between the two women that I'd not want to contribute to that. I am hoping that Meghan has received Diana's other aquamarine jewelry and that she'll receive her emeralds or pearls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Heck yeah, she sure did! I was really happy to see her in some more substantial pieces since her previous style has been so minimalistic - tiny little rings and earrings. I like bigger, chunkier pieces, even though, obviously that isn't her style, lol.

I can't wait to see a repeat of the earrings she wore the day (or 2 days?) before the wedding - the Birks snowstorm ones. Hopefully now that she's officially a part of the family we will see her at more formal events that call for more substantial jewels.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:48 PM
Nobility

There's enough sapphires for both wives to get a set. From the top of my head there are at least two sets. The Saudi sapphires and the set from the Sultan of Oman.