The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-25-2021, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
There are likely to be a couple occasions in the future where she might be in a tiara.

LaRae

She could always opt to purchase a tiara through one of the major auction houses or opt for a more contemporary design. I recall that CPss Mary of Denmark has purchased a tiara for herself in the past decade.

This article is from 2019 but it mentions that there is always a demand for tiaras especially in Asia and the Middle East primarily for weddings.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/st...-royal-brides/

Old 02-25-2021, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think as little use it would get it is more likely she will borrow one from the vaults ..Lord only knows how many are in there we don't even know about....or the wedding tiara she wore etc.

LaRae

Old 02-25-2021, 12:33 PM
Courtier

Where would she wear a tiara? They'd have to go back to being working members of the royals. Even the first lady doesn't wear a tiara.

I think this post was started when she was a working members of the royal family and doesn't quite fit now that she's not
Old 02-25-2021, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
An odd title for the post. Jewels to me are -jewels. Like the crown jewels. Tiaras, centuries old necklaces. Meghan doesn't have access to any of that anymore. She has jewelry. Pretty but what anyone could buy or own.
I see that several other threads in this subforum use the word "jewelry" instead of "jewels" (for instance Princess of Monaco jewelry)
Guess it's a matter of semantics, but maybe the title of this thread could be changed to the word jewelry as well..
Old 02-25-2021, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Where would she wear a tiara? They'd have to go back to being working members of the royals. Even the first lady doesn't wear a tiara.

I think this post was started when she was a working members of the royal family and doesn't quite fit now that she's not
Coronation event(s). Past that who knows!
Old 02-25-2021, 12:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I'm not saying she doesn't have nice jewelry or it doesn't deserve a spot. But she's not going to borrow a centuries old tiara in the near future. Those are jewels.
Not for Meghan....
Old 02-25-2021, 01:07 PM
Majesty

Meghan will be wearing a tiara, almost certainly one from the BP vaults, at the Coronation of King Charles, her father in law, and Harry as Charles's son and a Royal Duke will be taking part in the ceremony.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:24 AM
Royal Highness

Carrying over a conversation about the jewelry Meghan is wearing in the clips from the upcoming Oprah interview:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Also, according to Mad about Meghan she is wearing her love bracelet, the Cartier bracelet (Harrys inheritance from Diana), Birks topaz earrings, Pippa Small aquamarine pendant necklace plus her wedding rings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Harry did not get the Cartier bracelent as an inheritance from his mother, all the jewellery was split between William and Harry themselves as other than saying it was left for their wives, none of it was specified as to which son would get what just as the "keepsakes" the boys chose before they went into the vault, they swapped them when William became engaged.
Yes indeed, the phrasing in many popular articles is often misleading or inexact, which can sometimes lead to confusion or misunderstanding. Diana's jewelry was left to both brothers, without specification.

So, they worked it all out between each other over the years regarding the pieces they were personally fond of. Once they each married, particular keepsakes were then passed onto their wives, as they both individually and mutually agreed upon, with some switches happening at the time of William's engagement to Catherine.

Here are recent articles pointing out the significance of the jewelry Meghan chose to wear for the interview appearance:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertain...n/2917236/?amp

https://people.com/royals/meghan-mar...-prince-harry/

The diamond tennis bracelet Diana wore was three connected strands. Meghan is wearing one strand, and her engagement ring holds two stones from one of the other strands. Plus, Meghan is wearing the Cartier love bracelet that Harry gave to her. I hadn't initially realized that the love bracelet was formerly Diana's.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todays News from Nations
It is believed that she wore another bracelet which happens to be an heirloom from Princess Diana’s collection. According to People’s Magazine, “the Duchess of Sussex is seen wearing a bracelet that belonged to Harry’s mother, Princess Diana — the same bracelet that was used to help craft Meghan’s engagement ring.”
Now how on earth would they know that the diamonds flanking the central stone of Meghan's engagement ring were taken from this bracelet. I have never seen it mentioned anywhere.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Now how on earth would they know that the diamonds flanking the central stone of Meghan's engagement ring were taken from this bracelet. I have never seen it mentioned anywhere.
I agree, seems like utter nonsense to me!
Old 03-03-2021, 02:59 PM
Royal Highness

Not that big a deal. I would imagine that this information was confirmed and not made up or assumed, but you never know. LOL

What we do know without a doubt because Harry told us in the engagement interview, is that the smaller stones flanking the Botswana diamond were sourced from jewelry owned by Diana. Whether it was from this bracelet or a necklace or whatever is probably something that can be asked and confirmed. And maybe it was already by this publication. Or not.
Old 03-04-2021, 07:03 AM
Majesty

The BRF are notoriously reticent about jewellery and I doubt Harry told them. Also, it is a strange but true fact that many unset gems have been gifted to various members of the BRF and there is no reason to suspect that Diana didn't receive any.
Old 03-04-2021, 07:08 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

If people wants to discuss the cartats, the brand or the design of the Saudi earrings they can do so in this thread.

If they want to discuss the controversy about these earrings they should do so in the News and Events thread. That way we do not have two paralel discussions on this topic at the same time.

You can find the Sussex News and Events thread here.