The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-18-2019, 08:34 AM
Majesty

I did a little snort giggle at one of the royal gossip sites berating Meghan for her passion for jewellery and castigating Harry for indulging her to the tune of over £600,000 beginning by referring to the two diamonds for her engagement ring that 'supposedly came from Diana's collection, (engagement and wedding rings, wedding tiara and the borrowed mystery diamond cascade included of course).

I had a darned good chortle and absently pondered the wedding gifts and gifts like her black pearls from NZ and pondered on how much they had doubled up on . . . like the diamond earrings she wore to the premier . . . I don't think they are that silly especially with a house to furnish from scratch and a baby on the way.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When it comes to jewelry, there's a heck of a big difference between an actual retail price tag, value of metals and gems and craftsmanship and the actual cost paid for an item.

For example. A bracelet I have, I bought it for 50% off retail price because I knew the jeweler and was a repeat customer of his. Nice aspect of this is that said bracelet is insured for its full retail price.

With this in mind, we may know what a piece of Meghan's jewelry price tag is and perhaps the provenance of metals and stones but we'll never know the actual purchase price. Like an old ad for Miss Clairol hair color, only her jeweler knows for sure (along with Meghan and Harry).

Old 07-18-2019, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
With this in mind, we may know what a piece of Meghan's jewelry price tag is and perhaps the provenance of metals and stones but we'll never know the actual purchase price. Like an old ad for Miss Clairol hair color, only her jeweler knows for sure (along with Meghan and Harry).
That’s true for clothing, too—and for all of these women. I think it’s pretty likely that often when royals are interested in clothing or jewelry from designers or jewelers who want to be associated with them, when it comes time to talk price the maker is only mentioning wholesale or “at cost” prices, not full retail, with the discount tallied in their books as an advertising expense. And honestly, it’s probably a much more effective form of marketing than anything the same amount of money could buy in traditional adverstising.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

At their mother's death, her fortune was divided between her two sons. I hardly think either one of them is close to being a pauper.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:05 AM
Royal Highness

Meghan wore dog tags to the US Open

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.har...-harry-archie/
Old 09-20-2019, 05:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

https://twitter.com/MeghansMirror/st...15832151535616

Meghan's earrings worn to Misha Nonoo's wedding...as yet no ID

LaRae
Old 09-21-2019, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness

Gorgeous. A gift from her father in law, perhaps?
Old 09-21-2019, 09:41 PM
Majesty

Yes I like these earrings very much. Lovely. Maybe Harry bought them as a present?
Old 09-22-2019, 07:29 PM
Royal Highness

The earings said to have been bought for £5 from a stall at Portobello Market some years back, by a friend ... and borrowed by Meghan, who has long admired them.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

The only person saying it so far is Emily Andrews (that I've seen) and I don't trust much of what she says.

LaRae
Old 09-22-2019, 07:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
The only person saying it so far is Emily Andrews (that I've seen) and I don't trust much of what she says.

LaRae

I hope its true, great that no-one had to spend a fortune for something to be liked and admired. A good lesson for everyone.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFOyEfHW...jpg&name=large

A good pic of the little ring with a blue stone (turquoise?) she's wearing while in SA

LaRae
Old 09-24-2019, 11:02 AM
Nobility

I wonder what’s the significance of the stone.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:07 AM
Aristocracy

Could that ring with the blue stone be an additional push present from Harry? Would make sense with a blue stone for the birth of a boy/son
Old 09-24-2019, 11:16 AM
Majesty

Could be! Maybe Meghan is just very fond of torquoise, which can look fabulous in the right setting. It's a pity she favours teensy jewellery pieces as a rule. I'd love to see her go all out with a fabulous necklace or big earrings!
Old 09-24-2019, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Pass the magnifying glass...
Old 09-24-2019, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Can someone post the image of the jewel?
Old 09-24-2019, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Can someone post the image of the jewel?
https://www.meghansfashion.com/jenni...uise-ring.html
Old 09-24-2019, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFOyEfHW...jpg&name=large
A good pic of the little ring with a blue stone (turquoise?) she's wearing while in SA
LaRae
The ring is Turquoise Marquise Ring by Jennifer Meyer, $250.00.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s8tLP9E5r.../s1600/jzm.jpg
https://jennifermeyer.com/products/t...-marquise-ring
Old 09-24-2019, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, interesting shape. She is wearing this instead of her engagement ring?