The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Majesty

Beautiful sign of love for the most important man of her life.

Old 07-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

A- Harry and Meghan's most important gift to the world

Old 07-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
He is so thoughtful and happy. Our Harry is in love. The hidden meanings and the fact that she tapped a bespoke jeweler who is as philanthropic as they are is beyond amazing.
Adding my Twopence and Own experience : having just ohne ring on the finger is different to wearing 3 as stacks. Espescially if you are Not used to it. She just might have found that with 3 rings a smaller band is more comfortable to wear. And that‘s it!
Old 07-07-2019, 01:42 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Sussex wore her wedding earrings for the christening of Archie.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Adding my Twopence and Own experience : having just ohne ring on the finger is different to wearing 3 as stacks. Espescially if you are Not used to it. She just might have found that with 3 rings a smaller band is more comfortable to wear. And that‘s it!
I think you nailed it! One of my sister's wears three rings, wedding, engagement and eternity. They are all in the 70's style of wide bands yet as she is a statuesque woman (I'm 5'1" on a good day) and she has long fingers so they fit beautifully and don't look in the least cramped.

Now for me, two modern sized rings is pushing it. So mostly it's just the wedding ring that gets worn.

Megan seems to have long fingers but appears to be small boned.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:26 PM
Nobility

DoS had amazing earrings on today:

https://www.gettyimages.com.au/detai...iere-in-london
Actually I saw somewhere that the black enamel part is detachable and she wore them at Trooping this year, but can't find any sort of "official" confirmation that it's indeed true. Either way, they're very beautiful. The price tag less so
Old 07-14-2019, 05:36 PM
Commoner

Those earrings are gorgeous! Who pays for all of Meghan's new jewelry?
Old 07-14-2019, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Now we know the origins of her trooping earrings too! The black backing comes off and they can be worn as 'studs'. There are links on Twitter to confirm.

Meghan or Harry pay for her jewelry unless someone is giving her a gift (family/friends etc).

LaRae
Old 07-17-2019, 10:45 AM
Aristocracy

It looks like the Duchess of Sussex's new earrings are a version of the earrings that Lorraine Schwartz made for Taylor Swift to wear to the Golden Globes this year. Meghan's earrings are obviously just the top portion. Also Harper's Bazaar says that Meghan's are made with onyx but according to Lorraine Schwartz, Taylor's are made with black jade.

Lorraine Schwartz - a very sparkly video of the earrings
Lorraine Schwartz - pictures of Taylor Swift wearing the earrings

Harper's Bazaar article about Meghan's earrings
Old 07-17-2019, 10:50 AM
Nobility

Taylor’s earrings are making my earlobes ache in sympathy. They look so heavy. Much prefer Meghan’s.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:46 AM
Majesty

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that several pieces Meghan has worn on more gala occasions like the Lion King premiere are loans from the jeweller.

Just a feeling, but IMO Harry hardly has the income to be smothering his wife with very expensive jewellery within months of their marriage. Plus, Meghan has not been borrowing anything from the Royal vaults as far as we know. And Meghan comes from a profession in the US in which loans of jewellery from the maker for special red carpet occasions is considered both practical and convenient.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan has her own money too...and who's to say she's not being gifted by other family members or even friends?

ETA: I also think Harry has more money than we know about (same with William). IIRC they were gifted monies from The Queen Mother as well...weren't all the great grands?

LaRae
Old 07-17-2019, 12:17 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think they're a loan since she's worn them twice now, at Trooping the Colour without the jacket and at the Lion King premiere with the jacket.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Meghan has her own money too...and who's to say she's not being gifted by other family members or even friends?

ETA: I also think Harry has more money than we know about (same with William). IIRC they were gifted monies from The Queen Mother as well...weren't all the great grands?

LaRae
The Queen Mother gave Harry and the other non-heirs money. William didn’t get anything because he’ll be king.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessMia View Post
The Queen Mother gave Harry and the other non-heirs money. William didn’t get anything because he’ll be king.
Ah ok yes makes sense.

So we really don't know (that I'm aware of) of what kind of money Harry has ..I don't remember if the terms of the will were public as to dollar amounts like Diana's was.

Either way...I think he can spend 10 grand on a pair of earrings for Meghan if he cares to.

LaRae
Old 07-17-2019, 01:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Just a feeling, but IMO Harry hardly has the income to be smothering his wife with very expensive jewellery within months of their marriage.
I think he does & even if he didn't, I strongly suspect that Prince Charles would ensure that his daughters-in-law have a good stock of jewellery. Also, as someone else pointed out, Meghan has her own money & can buy things for herself if she chooses to.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is also Diana's jewelry which we have seen very little of when you consider her personal jewelry (plus unset stones). Meghan has worn a few of those pieces ..presumably gifted to her by Harry.

LaRae
Old 07-17-2019, 01:45 PM
Courtier

Royal brides are often given jewellery as wedding presents, especially non royal coming into the family. It is a way of establishing a jewellery collection that is solely theirs and not part of the royal collection.
Jewellery possibly given as gifts when visiting other countries could be another matter, I am not sure if they are viewed as personal gifts or something they would use but which eventually would become part of the royal collection.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Jewellery possibly given as gifts when visiting other countries could be another matter, I am not sure if they are viewed as personal gifts or something they would use but which eventually would become part of the royal collection.
Meghan is allowed to use any piece of jewellery given to her in her official capacity as The Duchess of Sussex, but it will become part of the Royal Collection after she passes away.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessMia View Post

This is not quite correct, the late Queen Mother placed the bulk of her money in trust for her Great Grandchildren, Prince Harry inherited a larger share than Prince William, but Prince William benefited from this trust nevertheless!