The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-23-2018, 02:15 PM
Nobility

I've seen some talk about how the earrings could be Camilla's but something gifted to Camilla by the Saudis.

Given the controversy over the death of a reporter and the Saudi government KP might be shy to reveal the origin and not emphazise links to Saudi at the moment.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Am I the only one that doesn't care for the pearl necklace?

As for the earrings. If it's a loan from a jeweler, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

While it would surprise me that these earrings are a gift from Saudis (not their style), it wouldn't surprise me if Camilla received this and decided to loan it to Meghan. Not her style.

Video of the earrings in (some) motion. Skip to the end of the clip.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1054794589381390336

Old 10-23-2018, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

The earrings are blingy, but not my taste. My guess is a loan from a friend or a jeweler, otherwise they would say.

But holy moly, those South Sea pearls are magnificent. And best of all, Meghan has use of them for life and then they will be included in the royal collection. Which is fabulous since they don’t have any black pearl necklaces, as far as I know.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Those Pearls!!! Lucky Meghan, I hope she wears them soon
Old 10-24-2018, 12:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The setting of the erarrings looks fairly modern, imo. So, I wouldn't expect them to be old mine cut or even rose cut stones. The colour could be coloured diamonds, which are quite trendy, afaik. Maybe on loan from a jeweler? Then somebody will probably find out which brand they are, and we will eventually know more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I do hope they are not a loan from a jeweller. That would be do demeaning, IMO.
I wasn't keen on the diamond chandelier earrings until I saw them moving and sparkling and was quite stunned at what I thought them as lacklustre as cut glass and before my eyes they turned into bling with a capital B. Definitely coloured diamonds though.

Now to Meghan's 'to-die-for' Pacific Pearls. How very beautiful they are as they lay on a bed of white satin with the size and variegated colour of the lustrous pearls screaming their elegance and simplicity. Now that is class, I was thinking of the white dress she wore at the beginning of the tour and thought how truly amazing they would have looked.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan Sparkles in Fiji | The Court Jeweller

The earrings she wore with the blue gown are stunning.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Meghan Sparkles in Fiji | The Court Jeweller

The earrings wore with the blue gown are stunning.
Hmm, she’s thinking it’s a different bracelet. Now I have to go see if there are better quality photos of it. I always just figured it’s the tennis bracelet and moved on. Regardless of where it came from, I’m always glad for another source to see additional jewels.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

The strand of pearl Meghan received has been named the Sussex Strand.

https://www.fijitimes.com/harry-and-...from-savusavu/
Old 10-24-2018, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

The black pearls do seem to her taste...I hope we see them worn very soon! I'd be wearing them every day...

LaRae
Old 10-24-2018, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

I love good Tahitian and South Sea pearls, and the size and lustre of those are amazing. It's a very generous gift, and I can see Meghan getting some use out of them.

Maybe Harry can buy her some matching earrings while he's there....
Old 10-25-2018, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Meghan wears Diana’s aquamarine ring again. You can see it on her right hand under her clutch.

She’s also wearing tennis bracelet and Birks Snowstorm. I’m about to start calling it the Sussex snowstorm she wears it so much. I much prefer if she had brought her Cartier for tonight.

https://mobile.twitter.com/whatmegwo...38036525969409
Old 10-25-2018, 02:24 AM
Courtier

Both pair are lovely but I do prefer Birks so I'm happy to see her wearing those.

Good to see her wearing the Aquamarine ring again, although I don't think we've gotten a good picture of it yet.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

I just do not like those earrings. They have an odd shape to me.

Love the Aquamarine ring though, it's gorgeous!
Old 10-25-2018, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness

I made a discovery! Meghan is not only wearing Princess Diana's aquamarine ring but her larger evening diamond tennis bracelet as well.

So Meghan actually has Two diamond tennis bracelets!

The smaller day one that was a gift from Prince Charles which she first wore to the Buckingham Palace garden party to celebrate Prince Charles' birthday and Princess Diana's evening tennis bracelet which she wore in Fiji and Tonga.

Watch this video and look at the bracelets on Meghan's and Diana's hands! They are both wearing the ring and diamond bracelet on the same hand.
https://youtu.be/uRGzQsAC3LI
Old 10-26-2018, 03:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I love good Tahitian and South Sea pearls, and the size and lustre of those are amazing. It's a very generous gift, and I can see Meghan getting some use out of them.

Maybe Harry can buy her some matching earrings while he's there....
With pearls that big and with those colours, it will take a while to even choose a style that will look good on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I made a discovery! Meghan is not only wearing Princess Diana's aquamarine ring but her larger evening diamond tennis bracelet as well.

So Meghan actually has Two diamond tennis bracelets!

The smaller day one that was a gift from Prince Charles which she first wore to the Buckingham Palace garden party to celebrate Prince Charles' birthday and Princess Diana's evening tennis bracelet which she wore in Fiji and Tonga.

Watch this video and look at the bracelets on Meghan's and Diana's hands! They are both wearing the ring and diamond bracelet on the same hand.
https://youtu.be/uRGzQsAC3LI
Well spotted. It will be interesting to see if she wears it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Meghan wears Diana’s aquamarine ring again. You can see it on her right hand under her clutch.

She’s also wearing tennis bracelet and Birks Snowstorm. I’m about to start calling it the Sussex snowstorm she wears it so much. I much prefer if she had brought her Cartier for tonight.

https://mobile.twitter.com/whatmegwo...38036525969409
The gorgeous ice white of the Snowstorm is a perfect match for the ice white gown. Not too many people can wear that shade of white and her Cartier wedding earrings would have been swamped by the crystal beading on the shoulders. It would have looked like she was trying too hard and missed the mark.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

https://mobile.twitter.com/anngeogia...51501196554246

Meghan has been seen wearing a Tiffany & Co bangle several times. First sighting, that we know of, was at a CHOGM event.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Meghan wore a new necklace at the NZ reception. It is the Tattoo Diamond Pendant by Jessica McCormick. The design is based on the Maori Koru tattoo.

https://simonjamesdesign.com/item/je...iamond-pendant
Old 10-29-2018, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think its fun to see her embrace some jewels. it seemed like it took forever for Kate to wear jewels....Love it!!!
Old 10-29-2018, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Meghan wore a new necklace at the NZ reception. It is the Tattoo Diamond Pendant by Jessica McCormick. The design is based on the Maori Koru tattoo.

https://simonjamesdesign.com/item/je...iamond-pendant
I will say, I liked this a lot more in real life than the photo they are using. It was a lot sparklier than that on Meghan. She wore this again yesterday.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqysNtZVYAEEDr1.jpg:large

https://www.kirinathan.com/collections/pounamu?page=2

New Jewelry...perhaps a gift from the local community/government.