The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2018, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Beautiful earrings, and much more interesting than the usual ovals or rounds. I prefer a cushion cut, myself.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:37 AM
Majesty

^^^ As indeed do I. They are more elegant and have a timeless appeal that is lacking in Diana's earrings, whose focus is more of a 'pretty style that suited Diana very well and seemed to mature as she did (nutty as that sounds).

It seems both Dukes are in no hurry to dress their wives in their late mother's jewels. Catherine's earrings made sense as they match her engagement ring and Megan's aquamarine ring wasn't around long enough to allow that high degree of ring = Diana.

I love that Meghan has her own personal collection assembled pre-Harry and was not afraid to experiment. Now larger pieces are appearing and selfish me can't wait for what's next.

Old 10-22-2018, 12:46 AM
Royal Highness

I love Duchess Meghan's taste in jewelry, with delicate, elegant pieces that are understated and minimalist but also fun and quirky. It's so cool that Meghan was gifted on her wedding day by Harry that aquamarine ring of Diana's. That sparkler is simply to-die-for. How must it make Meghan feel to wear it I wonder? She doesn't like showy or gaudy overdone jewelry and accessories. That ring is so lovely and iconic, particularly since it has so much meaning having been worn by Harry's beloved mother. Here's more background details on the ring made by Asprey for Diana PofW:
https://theadventurine.com/culture/r...y-gave-meghan/
"Diana ordered the ring from Asprey right around the time she separated from Prince Charles in August, 1996."

I also think Diana's butterfly earrings and gold bracelet which Meghan has worn on the Australia tour are lovely:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...ings-bracelet/

Meghan's gold talon earrings, tusk bangle, and slim bracelet, purchased for her by friend Markus Anderson (possibly as wedding gifts) Meghan wore in April to the Queen's birthday celebration:
https://people.com/royals/meghan-mar...jewelry-style/
Old 10-23-2018, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Sussex arrived at Fiji wearing earrings gifted by the Queen and bracelet gifted by Prince Charles. However, it is NOT the Cartier bracelet she wore on her wedding day, but the tennis bracelet she wore the night before her wedding and at the garden party celebrating PoW's 70th birthday.

https://twitter.com/meghansfashion/s...97638945787911
Old 10-23-2018, 05:47 AM
Majesty

Any pictures of the earrings worn in Fiji for the evening reception?
Old 10-23-2018, 06:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes all over twitter ...all KP will say is that the evening earrings are borrowed..no hints as to who from.

LaRae
Old 10-23-2018, 10:42 AM
Majesty

Ant better pictures yet? I still have not seen a proper shot of the earrings
Old 10-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hmmm yes here's a link:

Large Diamond Drop Earrings

LaRae
Old 10-23-2018, 01:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Hmmm yes here's a link:

Large Diamond Drop Earrings

LaRae
Many thanks!
Old 10-23-2018, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

You know, I'm not sure those are diamonds. While they might be very low color diamonds (M to O range) since they definitely are not very white, they also don't seem to have as much fire as I would expect if they were diamonds. It could be just the photo, though. I'm hoping we get some more information on them at some point. Were they confirmed to be diamonds?
Old 10-23-2018, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

^
They may be 'old- cut' or 'Rose-cut' Diamonds [ie Antique Earrings]? I agree they don't appear to be 'Brilliant-cut stones...
Old 10-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
^
They may be 'old- cut' or 'Rose-cut' Diamonds [ie Antique Earrings]? I agree they don't appear to be 'Brilliant-cut stones...
I agree that they probably aren't modern round brilliants, and the color of the stones would tend to indicate OEC's or rose cuts. I just wish we could see them better. I wondered if they could be antiques, too. Hoping for an update!
Old 10-23-2018, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

The setting of the erarrings looks fairly modern, imo. So, I wouldn't expect them to be old mine cut or even rose cut stones. The colour could be coloured diamonds, which are quite trendy, afaik. Maybe on loan from a jeweler? Then somebody will probably find out which brand they are, and we will eventually know more.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:21 PM
Royal Highness

This is Meghan's necklace - gift from Fiji
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mir...d-13463113.amp
Old 10-23-2018, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Lucky Meghan, those are beautiful.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

MUCH better quality photo of the earring here. It sparkled. Definitely yellow diamonds. Scroll past the dress designer info, and closeups of her jewelry is there in HQ.

https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/...-for-fiji.html
Old 10-23-2018, 02:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
MUCH better quality photo of the earring here. It sparkled. Definitely yellow diamonds. Scroll past the dress designer info, and closeups of her jewelry is there in HQ.

https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/...-for-fiji.html
I do hope they are not a loan from a jeweller. That would be do demeaning, IMO.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I do hope they are not a loan from a jeweller. That would be do demeaning, IMO.
Eh, she won't be the first royal to borrow from a jeweler. I do wonder why she didn't just bring her Cartier set if it was a loan from jeweler though?
Old 10-23-2018, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Well, so far it's all speculation. But she indeed wouldn't be the first to borrow from jewelers, nor the last. It just occurred to me, because of the modern design. The earring don't look like something from the Queen's jewels box, imo. Also, former comments from Kensington Palace just plainly said that jewels were loaned from HM, if that was the case.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
That is gorgeous!!!