Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is possible that Camilla has received quite a few pieces of jewelry that don't suit her taste. Therefore she may be lending to Meghan and possibly even lending to Catherine.

I lean to Camilla also...I have ever since the first when KP announced they were on loan. They don't seem like something the Queen would buy for herself (or be given as a gift)..nor Sophie...other option could be Kate. She would wear something like this ..but maybe not cause you'd think she'd want to wear them on her engagements.

LaRae

Doubt it’s Kate. It was still shown by the jeweler in November 2016. Don’t really think there has been foreign trips where she’d receive gift of this type.

The Queen is very selective with loans. She’s conscious of the message it sends.

Even though we’re told Sophie is her ‘favourite’ , She gets almost nothing from the Queen.

Compare that to Catherine who gets all sorts of goodies from the Queen.

Meghan for the most part will have to rely on either loans from jewellers or buying her jewels outright.

Meghan is only getting started in the jewelry department. She haven’t attended any major royal event where these precious jewels in the vault are normally worn. We have to wait to see her attend her first State Visit and Diplomatic Corps Reception. I’m sure The Queen will loan her some jewels that we’re familiar with or haven’t seen in many decades. The collection is vast and mysterious.

We also don't know how the next Queen Consort will run the collection. It's far too early to draw conclusion on someone who has just joined the BRF.

And let's not forget Princess Diana's jewelry collection which will be shared between Kate and Meghan.

And let's not forget Princess Diana's jewelry collection which will be shared between Kate and Meghan.

That’s right. There’s jewels in Diana’s collection that we haven’t seen since she last wore them. So Meghan have plenty to choose from. Again, her jewelry wearing years is just getting started. There’s a lot to look forward to.

I hope whoever loaned the Duchess the earrings, they haven't loaned her the necklace, which [judging by the photograph] is heavy, lifeless and without 'the fire' the earrings have in abundance.

Last edited:
If the necklace matches the quality of the earrings and it's the right outfit I'd love to see them worn together.

LaRae

Meghan for the most part will have to rely on either loans from jewellers or buying her jewels outright.

Meghan is only getting started in the jewelry department. She haven’t attended any major royal event where these precious jewels in the vault are normally worn. We have to wait to see her attend her first State Visit and Diplomatic Corps Reception. I’m sure The Queen will loan her some jewels that we’re familiar with or haven’t seen in many decades. The collection is vast and mysterious.

I would be very surprised to see Meghan borrow from jewellers. My sense is Meghan's "royal" jewel box will comprise jewels from:

> Harry's share of Diana's personal jewels
> Presents from HM and the PoW
> Presents received at their wedding, and ones, if any, they may receive whilst carrying out engagements and trips overseas, which will technically belong to the Royal Collection
> Any jewels they choose to buy themselves.

Further, HM may, from time to time, make some loans of jewellery to her, quite like Sophie Wessex, but these are unlikely to be significant or pieces with major historical provenance. Similarly, Camilla may loan some jewels that she does not use to Meghan, as I suspect she did with the diamond earrings.

I would be very surprised to see Meghan borrow from jewellers. My sense is Meghan's "royal" jewel box will comprise jewels from:

> Harry's share of Diana's personal jewels
> Presents from HM and the PoW
> Presents received at their wedding, and ones, if any, they may receive whilst carrying out engagements and trips overseas, which will technically belong to the Royal Collection
> Any jewels they choose to buy themselves.

Further, HM may, from time to time, make some loans of jewellery to her, quite like Sophie Wessex, but these are unlikely to be significant or pieces with major historical provenance. Similarly, Camilla may loan some jewels that she does not use to Meghan, as I suspect she did with the diamond earrings.

There’s plenty of jewels to loan. Again, the collection is vast. So, we’ll see her in the family jewels. Meghan is a senior royal and will be attending the events where those jewels will be worn.

There’s plenty of jewels to loan. Again, the collection is vast. So, we’ll see her in the family jewels. Meghan is a senior royal and will be attending the events where those jewels will be worn.

Actually Meghan is not a senior royal. She will move even further down in the pecking order as the generations change. HM the Queen has not given a lot of jewellery to the wives of her younger sons and has leant very few pieces.
Meghan does not appear to have received much jewellery as a wedding present. She has received a small pair of pearl and diamond stud earrings from the Queen and we don’t know who gave her the Cartier jewels she wore on her wedding day. I can think of nothing else!

Thinking about it, I tend to believe they are from Camilla's collection. I do not think they are really her style but they really suit Meghan. I think they are a gift that didn't or hasn't 'felt right' each time they have been put on they have been put back unworn. However, they cannot be 'gifted' to anyone because that would be seen as rude and could cause offence, but 'loaning' them to her D-I-L is perfectly acceptable.

Actually Meghan is not a senior royal. She will move even further down in the pecking order as the generations change. HM the Queen has not given a lot of jewellery to the wives of her younger sons and has leant very few pieces.
Meghan does not appear to have received much jewellery as a wedding present. She has received a small pair of pearl and diamond stud earrings from the Queen and we don’t know who gave her the Cartier jewels she wore on her wedding day. I can think of nothing else!

Yes, The Duchess of Sussex is a senior member of the royal family. She married a senior member of the royal family. The son of the future Monarch.

We’re still in the early days of Meghan’s career as a senior royal. There’s going to be plenty of opportunities for her to borrow the family jewels. She’s yet to attend her first State Visits and other State events where the jewels are worn.

Last edited:

She will actually move up in the next generational change. And how HMQ has done things isn’t necessarily how the next Queen Consort will as QEII has not done things the same way as previous Queen Consorts either.

This will be a controversial comment but I don't see Meghan ever wearing a whole lot of jewels...not even Diana's. She seems to prefer very modern jewels and yellow gold. And she is very minimalist as well.

But she is a senior royal--she is the daughter-in-law of the next King. She will move up long before she begins to move further down, that is many years away yet, when the Cambridge kids are grown and marrying.

This will be a controversial comment but I don't see Meghan ever wearing a whole lot of jewels...not even Diana's. She seems to prefer very modern jewels and yellow gold. And she is very minimalist as well.

The earrings we've been discussing for the past 2 days are not exactly minimalist.:lol:

I don't think it's controversial. :lol: I might not agree, but def not controversial. Anyways, Meghan wears small pieces in her everyday life, but when it's time to wow, she does do statement pieces well.

To qualify what I mean ;

The Duchess of Cambridge will be seen in the royal jewels for years to come. The Duchess of Sussex I don’t believe we shall, just as we don’t see the Countess of Wessex or while still married the Duchess of York, wearing major pieces from the Queen’s collection.

Also it remains to be seen how the Queen will disperse her huge collection of jewellery, Her Majesty is in the unique position of having the use of the crown jewellery- those pieces passed from
Queen to Queen and also inheriting the bulk of Queen Mary’s collection. None of our previous Queens has had such a vast collection of jewellery.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to Sophie/Edward or Andrew. They never have had the popularity (Andrew squandered his from his younger days) of the Wales boys ...I think once Charles is King the Sussexes will come into even more prominence.

The bulk of working royals are aging ...the only ones working under 50 are the Sussexes and Cambridges. In 10 years it will be down to even fewer. When Charles is crowned the Sussexes will be pretty high profile.

ETA: Charles will likely inherit most of the Queen's personal collection I'd think.

LaRae

Ok I just ran across this...these look very much the same style as Meghan's but different stones. Hmmm I don't know if these Kate has on are the same designer or not.

https://twitter.com/KateMCambridge

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is about Meghan's jewelry. Let's move on from discussing who is a senior royal.

Ok I just ran across this...these look very much the same style as Meghan's but different stones. Hmmm I don't know if these Kate has on are the same designer or not.

https://twitter.com/KateMCambridge

LaRae

It’s Robinson Pelham. They are both chandelier and have pear shaped stones, but the differences far outweigh similarities. I don’t believe any of Kate’s been associated with Butani in the past, but I wouldn’t know for sure as I don’t follow her that much.

Also it remains to be seen how the Queen will disperse her huge collection of jewellery,

I don't believe she will disperse it.

If anything, the Queen seems determined to keep the collection intact- hence, the loans, rather than outright gifts.

I don't believe she will disperse it.

If anything, the Queen seems determined to keep the collection intact- hence, the loans, rather than outright gifts.

It is more cost effective to pass the jewels monarch to monarch. It eliminates the very high death duties that would need to be paid by anyone else.

Thinking about it, I tend to believe they are from Camilla's collection. I do not think they are really her style but they really suit Meghan. I think they are a gift that didn't or hasn't 'felt right' each time they have been put on they have been put back unworn. However, they cannot be 'gifted' to anyone because that would be seen as rude and could cause offence, but 'loaning' them to her D-I-L is perfectly acceptable.

I am on the same page as you.

Back
Top Bottom