The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-16-2018, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope the Duchess of Cambridge has 'bagged' the Pearl and Sapphire Choker - she has the neck for it, and it is far more 'her style' than that of her Sister-in-Law, who can have all rest [if it were up to me]...

Old 10-16-2018, 01:59 PM
Nobility

I’m thinking that they may split it evenly or just use the ones they like and share some. Kate has worn her pearl bracelet and choker, pearl earrings and sapphire earrings so far. I might be missing some. So we’ll see. It’ll be interesting to see how Diana’s jewels get passed down. Will they be added to the Royal Vault or get passed onto grandkids? Inheritance taxes are expensive!

I’m not really into her chokers although I will say they looked great on her and on Kate.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kate has worn some of Diana's jewelry...a diamond and pearl bracelet which is a nice piece and I forget what all else.

LaRae
Old 10-16-2018, 02:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Iím thinking that they may split it evenly or just use the ones they like and share some. Kate has worn her pearl bracelet and choker, pearl earrings and sapphire earrings so far. I might be missing some. So weíll see. Itíll be interesting to see how Dianaís jewels get passed down. Will they be added to the Royal Vault or get passed onto grandkids? Inheritance taxes are expensive!

Iím not really into her chokers although I will say they looked great on her and on Kate.

We have not seen the Duchess of Cambridge wear any of Dianaís necklaces to date.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

So far, in public, Kate has worn Diana's bracelet (pearl with diamond clasp I think), a couple pairs of earrings and of course the engagement ring.

LaRae
Old 10-16-2018, 02:56 PM
Nobility

That’s right the Pearl choker belongs to the Queen. Diana borrowed it as well.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Right...can't count that one. I am wondering if most of the pieces are not to Kate's taste..and the triple strand pearl choker with the blue sapphire ..it's not really something worn by the younger crowd. Perhaps when she's older.

LaRae
Old 10-16-2018, 03:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Right...can't count that one. I am wondering if most of the pieces are not to Kate's taste..and the triple strand pearl choker with the blue sapphire ..it's not really something worn by the younger crowd. Perhaps when she's older.

LaRae
I agree. Some of Dianaís pieces are in style anymore or are very 80s. Iím not certain itís Meghanís taste either, but she may surprise me and wear it. Itís certainly not something I would wear or see many people my age wearing and Iím in my mid-twenties.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree. Some of Diana’s pieces are in style anymore or are very 80s. I’m not certain it’s Meghan’s taste either, but she may surprise me and wear it. It’s certainly not something I would wear or see many people my age wearing and I’m in my mid-twenties.
It's a very interesting observation. I actually thought about the dated designs yesterday. The reason I thought of it is because of the bangle bracelet. It's a pretty dated, but it worked well on Meghan. Especially the yellow gold. It's been out of the trends for awhile, but it works well with her skin tone.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:58 PM
Nobility

It’s still a simplistic, smaller design so I think she could still get away with it. The choker is SO big though. I don’t doubt she could pull it off if she wants to or Kate for that matter.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It's been out of the trends for awhile
I would have thought Women with the 'profile' of the Duchess of Sussex could set trends [in Jewels, and MUCH else], rather than merely ape them ?
Old 10-16-2018, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I would have thought Women with the 'profile' of the Duchess of Sussex could set trends [in Jewels, and MUCH else], rather than merely ape them ?
Interesting you mention this. I posted an article awhile back that there was a spike in yellow gold sales in months after the engagement was announced.

Although, my personal belief is that jewelry, more so than clothes and other accessories, should be classic and tailored to individual rather than trends. It can be quite an investment for most.

Quote:
It’s still a simplistic, smaller design so I think she could still get away with it. The choker is SO big though. I don’t doubt she could pull it off if she wants to or Kate for that matter.
Oh, I was speaking in general for Diana's jewels. Not that choker.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
It’s interesting that apart from the Duchess of Cambridge wearing the famous engagement ring, none of the late Princess’ major pieces have been seen yet.
I am so ready to see that 6 strand pearl choker with the sapphire pendant.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/36/e4...e2fdfd7c3d.jpg
Old 10-16-2018, 05:12 PM
Administrator

It think that when jewellery is passed down the generations, the style and design transcends what's fashionable and one has to see them in a different light. The butterfly earrings are beautiful and didn't look old-fashioned to me when I saw them complete with the rest of the ensemble. The bangle is a simple enough design to be quite contemporary. It's lovely to see things being worn again years after their first outing!
Old 10-16-2018, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
It think that when jewellery is passed down the generations, the style and design transcends what's fashionable and one has to see them in a different light. The butterfly earrings are beautiful and didn't look old-fashioned to me when I saw them complete with the rest of the ensemble. The bangle is a simple enough design to be quite contemporary. It's lovely to see things being worn again years after their first outing!
I loved that gold bangle she wore. I have 2 very similar bracelets. One silver with gold twined in the middle and a gold with sapphire studs at the end. These things transcend time, as the gold one was passed to me from my grandmother to my mom and then to me.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Some items of jewelry are also classic and timeless. When I saw the butterfly earrings and bracelet, I thought "how appropriate" to wear them on the day the announcement of expecting their first child came. Butterflies symbolize metamorphosis and change as we go through life and things are definitely changing for Harry and Meghan. They're going to be a family.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I am so ready to see that 6 strand pearl choker with the sapphire pendant.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/36/e4...e2fdfd7c3d.jpg

Oh so am I !! I think it would suit Kate beautifully! The Omani Suite would be perfect for Meghan!
Old 10-16-2018, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Some items of jewelry are also classic and timeless. When I saw the butterfly earrings and bracelet, I thought "how appropriate" to wear them on the day the announcement of expecting their first child came. Butterflies symbolize metamorphosis and change as we go through life and things are definitely changing for Harry and Meghan. They're going to be a family.
I agree every time I see a butterfly I think of my mother who has passed on

Quote:
Itís still a simplistic, smaller design so I think she could still get away with it. The choker is SO big though. I donít doubt she could pull it off if she wants to or Kate for that matter.
Yes you have to be tall and have a lot of confidence to pull that off

Diana's Pearl choker with something she brought with her to the marriage the large Sapphire choker she had made from the sapphire that was given to her by the RF
Old 10-16-2018, 09:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Omani suite of diamonds and sapphires is a beautiful delicate set and will suit Meghan very well. I absolutely agree with you Idmemail. Have always thought so. Can't wait to see her in it.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:25 PM
Courtier

I'd rather see Meghan in Princess Diana's emerald choker, and leave the sapphire set to Kate. JMO.