Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The QM's private collection including the Greville Bequest was bequeathed to HM in a direct Sovereign to Sovereign transfer. No taxes and It is because of this habit that there are so many myths and mysteries around the legendary vault

These items were not left to the State so no accounting or inventory was required. The only jewels HM has worn from her mother are those that should have been surrendered to HM on her ascension.

To my knowledge, the G B didn't see the light of day until Charles and Camilla married. Let's be honest, Camilla can really carry the big guns whereas HM mostly uses TGOGBAI, probably because it is lighter than the others.

Please return to the topic of Meghan's jewels. Further off-topic posts will be deleted.

I wish last night at the RV Show, Meghan had worn the diamond earrings she used for her wedding reception

Meghan Markle wearing gorgeous gold bangles and stud earrings from pippa small @TurquoiseMtn collection, a charity founded at the request of Prince Charles to regenerate the traditional arts and craft industries in war-torn Afghanistan

From the British Fashion Show

I wish last night at the RV Show, Meghan had worn the diamond earrings she used for her wedding reception

Ok I LOVE those earrings and have called for them to be worn again many times, but last night wasn’t it. It was modern and a bit edgier last night, which worked very well with the event itself. Not the look to put on those Cartier earrings.

Last edited:
Jacqui I posted right above your post about the earrings!

LaRae

I see that! I know some thought it might be the earrings given to her by Jaconda Arden at first, but happy with the ID on this! I think her gold leaf earrings in Fiji were also by Pippa Small, no? I don’t know if she had those from before or if they dig deep into their vaults for her, but I seem to recall they were old enough that it was not on their website anymore.

I can't remember about Fiji...that has all kinda run together lol

I love that she wears yellow gold though...my favorite!

LaRae

Ok I LOVE those earrings and have called for them to be worn again many times, but last night wasn’t it. It was modern and a bit edgier last night, which worked very well with the event itself. Not the look to put on those Cartier earrings.
My post was from 20 Nov, referring to the Royal Variety Show appearance.

My post was from 20 Nov, referring to the Royal Variety Show appearance.

Oops. :lol: This is definitely one of the slower moving Sussex threads. It must be Osipi's post that moved the thread up and I didn't even see her post before I posted.

Errr, maybe some information got lost in translation. But I don't believe Meghan's Mirror (shoplikemeghan on IG) said she snatched them up in 2016. The original comment was that they were loaned. Now it makes me wonder who actually owns it. It seems odd to me that she'd have a permanent loan from a jeweler in the first place, and then them not saying anything about it at all. That's the point of the loan, publicity for the brand.

Anyways, I was looking on Butani's social media, they have several pieces with similar design that can be worn as a set. Including a necklace that has emeralds in them. So much for media's claim that Meghan LOVES emeralds so much that she threw a fit over an emerald tiara. She doesn't seem to have much care for them so far other than that one story that can't be proven.

Last edited:
Errr, maybe some information got lost in translation. But I don't believe Meghan's Mirror (shoplikemeghan on IG) said she snatched them up in 2016. The original comment was that they were loaned. Now it makes me wonder who actually owns it. It seems odd to me that she'd have a permanent loan from a jeweler in the first place, and then them not saying anything about it at all. That's the point of the loan, publicity for the brand.

Anyways, I was looking on Butani's social media, they have several pieces with similar design that can be worn as a set. Including a necklace that has emeralds in them. So much for media's claim that Meghan LOVES emeralds so much that she threw a fit over an emerald tiara. She doesn't seem to have much care for them so far other than that one story that can't be proven.

I agree, the original Meghan's Mirror post did not mention 2016. I do not believe that KP would lie that the earrings are borrowed, if they are actually owned by Meghan.

My sense is that the earrings came from Camilla, who had probably received them as a gift at some stage, did not intend to use them and had put them aside for Harry's wife.

I agree, the original Meghan's Mirror post did not mention 2016. I do not believe that KP would lie that the earrings are borrowed, if they are actually owned by Meghan.

My sense is that the earrings came from Camilla, who had probably received them as a gift at some stage, did not intend to use them and had put them aside for Harry's wife.

They said it was shown in November 2016, which is where Hello got it wrong? So, it was acquired some point afterwards? Although jewelers do show things that are made by them, but no longer owned by them, on loan. Given the information, I have my doubts if it's from Camilla. I doubt she'd acquire something like this for herself or from Charles as it is not her style. And I don't think there has been any record of her receiving major jewels from foreign royal or politician since November 2016 that would fit this. Unless, it's a private gift, but it's unlikely these days.

I just feel like it's unlikely to be a direct loan from Butani as they've not even confirmed it's theirs and on loan months after Meghan debuted it and it seems to be a long-term loan if not permanent.

Last edited:
Hello got it wrong....KP said they were on loan...no reason for them to lie about it.

The earrings are from the 2016 collection...and there is a matching necklace but no idea if Meghan has that (on loan) as well.

LaRae

Well, it seems we have a mystery here. If it is a loan, then who from? More interestingly, was it still a loan at Charles birthday?

That necklace is gorgeous. I mean...wow. I can't see Meghan wearing something so grand, but I sure could see that on Camilla.

Perhaps the earrings were on loan from either Camilla or Catherine.
The Bhutani website is Wow Wow Wow. Beautiful artistic pieces, and I didn't see much that I didn't like. However, I think the necklace would be too overwhelming to wear with the earrings.
Rhianna makes a gorgeous jewelry model. Better than the others.

So Wonder if she paid for it or if it was a present from Harry? She is a very independent woman with money so I would not be surprise she bought them herself! They are gorgeous!

Hello got it wrong....KP said they were on loan...no reason for them to lie about it.

The earrings are from the 2016 collection...and there is a matching necklace but no idea if Meghan has that (on loan) as well.

LaRae

Although I believe KP, it is rather disappointing that the Duchess of Sussex has to borrow jewelry from commercial vendors for an official visit on behalf of the Queen when the Queen has one of the world’s largest personal jewelry colections. I mean, coulddn’t the Queen loan her a pair of earrings or a necklace ?

Although I believe KP, it is rather disappointing that the Duchess of Sussex has to borrow jewelry from commercial vendors for an official visit on behalf of the Queen when the Queen has one of the world’s largest personal jewelry colections. I mean, coulddn’t the Queen loan her a pair of earrings or a necklace ?
I have not seen anything to suggest the loan of the earrings were from a jeweller. My sense is that the loan is from Camilla.

But no one said they were on loan from a jeweler....KP never said who loaned them. The designer hasn't said they loaned them to her either.

LaRae

But no one said they were on loan from a jeweler....KP never said who loaned them. The designer hasn't said they loaned them to her either.

LaRae

Ok, I misunderstood it then.

Back
Top Bottom