The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2018, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

And the queen herself was wearing comparable pearl earrings!

Old 06-15-2018, 12:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Moving on, here's a nice look at Meghan's growing jewelry collection:
Jewelry
Except for a minor one or two, I love them all. Very cool.

Old 06-15-2018, 01:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I was not surprised that BP said the earrings were gifted to her by the Queen. The women of the BRF have a little love affair with earrings exactly like that. HMQM wore a pair, HM obviously has a pair, Princess Anne has a pair.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-emj7sTE8I...onEarrings.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-psPzOCRiL...rgeButtons.jpg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/...g?imwidth=1240

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t6EnTkyST...815-anne03.png

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0XEyxzdYgV...00/_Sophie.jpg

I do wonder about Catherine's earrings as they seem to have a gap between the diamond and the pearl.
The earrings worn by Sophie above are the ones that Catherine now wears. HM us meant to have lent them to Sophie in 2012 briefly.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:25 AM
Majesty

It could just as easily be a similar pair.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
It could just as easily be a similar pair.
That could well be the case, but it was widely reported when Catherine first wore them (when she did her solo trip to Amsterdam) that she was wearing earrings from the Queen's collection that HM had worn during the silver jubilee celebrations, and had since been borrowed by the Countess of Wessex.

Sophie had worn these earrings, one of the Queen's diamond necklaces (either King Faisal or Khalid, I forget which one, that had once previously been lent to Diana as well) and the 5 aquamarine tiara to two events in autumn 2012 in quick succession: the pre-wedding dinner for the Crown Prince of Luxembourg, and then again for a State Banquet. Since then, I do not believe Sophie has ever been seen in these earrings or the necklace.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:48 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The earrings are lovely for everyday wear and Meghan wearing them on her first engagement solo with the Queen indicates that they are a gift and it was a lovely touch to wear them first on that day.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:20 PM
Majesty

Although minimalist in her jewellery, Meghan certainly loves her rings and small earrings. I do like the pearl earrings worn on the Chester trip very much, whether they were given by the Queen or not. (I think they were!)
Old 06-15-2018, 09:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Since it seems all the royal women own a pair of pearl & diamond earrings, I'm going to guess it is a gift Her Majesty likes to give.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can't wait to see if and when she will wear a brooch. I know it's not a modern thing for girls today but there are so many in the royal collection I would love to see her start wearing some.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
it's not a modern thing for girls today
Only because they lack imagination as to where to place them ! At the throat, the waist, in the Hair, or centrally [at the Solar plexus] would give originality and a new use to these old jewels that NEED to be worn..
Old 06-16-2018, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Only because they lack imagination as to where to place them ! At the throat, the waist, in the Hair, or centrally [at the Solar plexus] would give originality and a new use to these old jewels that NEED to be worn..
But so many of them are really not very pretty, plus they are large and dated looking. The younger Royal women don't seem to wear a lot of jewelry or very large jewelry usually so it is not a surprise.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think Kate has worn a brooch...maybe a handful to times in the 7 years she's been the DoC. It's fallen out of fashion so the younger generations have no real idea about them..it's something their granny wore to Church on her left shoulder.

I will say I do not like it when they are worn on the solar plexus..I think that is odd on today's less ornate dresses.

LaRae
Old 06-17-2018, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

A number of off-topic post has been deleted. Please keep this thread to the discussion of Meghan's jewels and do keep the tone of the discussion friendly and welcoming.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:47 AM
Majesty

Since Meghan is unlikely to wear an overabundance of frills and ruffles (fingers crossed) perhaps she may surprise us with a little, terribly elegant brooch.

My dream is to have her wear one and then totally gobsmack us by wearing it as the centrepiece in Queen Mary's Diamond Filigree Tiara at her first tiara event.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Ascot Jewels 2018 (Day 1) | The Court Jeweller

Stunning earrings on Meghan.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Very nice!

LaRae
Old 06-21-2018, 06:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well now here's a chance for Kate and Meghan to start a new trend. There are lots of small and delicate brooches around. Brooches should be worn on the left.
Corsage brooches are out of fashion. However Queen Maxima has a gorgeous big sapphire and diamond corsage brooch from the 1800's she wears on occasion at gala events.
Some of these older pieces are so magnificent it seems a shame to keep them locked away.
And brooches are quite feminine looking too.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:50 AM
Majesty

I too agree that it would be nice if brooches came back. If Meghan and Kate wore them even occasionally it would be great. It doesn't seem as if they will, though.
I adore Maxima and the way she wears jewellery. Big flamboyant pieces look so good on her.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate has started to wear a few, but yes, it would be good to see if Meghan found a way to incorporate a brooch into her formal evening wear. Princess Grace was another stylish Royal who achieved some amazing effects wearing brooches in an unusual but elegant way.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Her rather small bracelet tonight seems to feature some king of cross,